Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 31-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Pathfinder

Sojourner, I wish you all the luck!

Regardless of quality, I'm not ready to give up my works to the public, as long as their just for me, i can do anything in them. In a way, i wrote them for me, and that effort alone has paid for itself in my discoveries about life and light.

In essence, over the course of 6 years i imagined and wrote fanciful tales of achievement, passion, and love, and became filled with them all in spades. I couldn't have wished for a better outcome.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:00 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi Spirit Bear,

Funny story: I am getting ready to publish my first novel. I would actually call in my favorite author, Truman Capote, to help me out if I got stuck.

During the summer, I would go jogging in the mornings at a local park. I was stuck in my head about what to do with a certain character. I asked Mr. Capote to come jogging with me. If you know anything about Capote, he definitely was not your exercise kind of guy! Haha!

I jokingly said (in my head, of course) to him as I was stretching out before the run, "You probably never jogged a day in your life, huh, Mr. Capote?"

I immediately heard the reply:

"Jogging is for people who don't want to walk with dignity."

That is exactly what a fellow like Capote would say. It was soooo funny!!

Hi

Can I ask how you went about getting a book published, Sojourner2013?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Bear
Sojourner, I wish you all the luck!

Regardless of quality, I'm not ready to give up my works to the public, as long as their just for me, i can do anything in them. In a way, i wrote them for me, and that effort alone has paid for itself in my discoveries about life and light.

In essence, over the course of 6 years i imagined and wrote fanciful tales of achievement, passion, and love, and became filled with them all in spades. I couldn't have wished for a better outcome.

Thank you, Spirit Bear.

Yes, I agree, writing is cathartic for our souls, minds, and bodies. If you are writing for your eyes only, wonderful! During a particular chapter, as I was writing, I began sobbing non-stop for 15 minutes because the character was dealing with a situation similar to something that I had experienced 10 years ago and had thought I had healed.

Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 02-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi

Can I ask how you went about getting a book published, Sojourner2013?

Thanks

Hi janielee,

Of course. There are two ways: traditional and non-traditional ways to publish.

The traditional route requires obtaining an agent to present your work to a publisher. Once an agent is obtained (which is actually the toughest part of the process), it will take about 2-3 years before you will see your book on the shelves.

The non-traditional way is e-publishing (such as Amazon). It costs the writer very little, but your reader population is dicey and unpredictable because most people do not like reading e-books. It only takes an hour or two to upload the book into Amazon, but it has no marketing, representation, etc. However, there are many best-selling authors who started out with their first book being an e-book, such as E.L.James (50 shades of grey), Robin Sharma and James Oswald. I am having my book e-published.

I hope that helps.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 02-02-2019, 09:05 PM
janielee

Thank you so much Sojourner!