Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Guide
A series of vivid death-related dreams I've had this year..

I have a Google document containing all of my recorded dreams between 2017 and February of this year. My dreams have always been vivid, but several of these dreams felt different-- for a year I had far more death-related dreams than usual, and one that I believe was my brother saying goodbye to me two weeks before he died in real life. (This dream occurred before he even fell ill.)

I also wanted to briefly ask you all if you believe it is possible to have dreams that are not your own? As in, dreams of a family member or an ancestor that you're merely seeing through their eyes, if that makes any sense.

Before I copy/paste a few dreams from my google document, I also want to briefly note that crows/ravens have been a recurring theme, as well as wolf-like dogs and three-eyed sphinx cats.

I apologize for how long these dreams are; I don't expect anyone to analyze all of them. If someone could skim through a couple of them and see if anything jumps out, it'd be appreciated.

8-1-2017 (yes, this is from last year but it feels very significant) -

I had joined some Alcoholics Anonymous type group solely because the ladies who ran the group/owned the building happened to keep rescue animals there-- mainly baby raccoons. I secretly lived there for a little while and when I left, I decided it was time for me to die. In this dreamworld, assisted suicides during which you were awake or partially awake during your funeral were commonplace, so I went with that. It lasted hours and hours; I had a helper who stayed by my side and explained things. I mostly just felt sleepiness. As I grew sleepier, I kept asking more and more questions and hallucinating a bit; I felt and saw myself walking down a street I used to live on and asked a flower (a rose with a human mouth with teeth and all), "After I die will I be whole again? Will I rejoin with all of the lost parts?'' and it said, "Yes, but it will be more difficult for you, because, well..." and it turned away. I nodded. My helper continued talking to me gently, announcing that I was changing (appearance-wise), and that my two children "from before" were there now. (..when I re-read that part, about the children, I get full-body chills)
The funeral ceremony itself wasn't allowed to begin until I was asleep so as not to cause any panic. I woke up before I actually managed to fall asleep.
---

1-08-2018:
Dreamed that I died (I don't remember how I died) and was so relieved that I was dead. It happened while I was preparing to attend a carnival in some very green, hilly place near the sea. Almost immediately after dying, some other .. thing? was trying to help me and telling me where to go, but I was deeply suspicious of them-- I feared they would just lead me back to the earthly realm to be reborn, which was not what I wanted. I was still able to see the physical world while dead, though it was a bit hazier, and other living things usually appeared as dimly glowing ember-like spheres floating around. Other dead people appeared as bright, small wispy things in various colors, usually blue, but only when they were moving (otherwise, they appeared as their former human selves). I was in some place very close to the earthly realm so I assumed most of them had died very recently as well. One was this older, slightly heavy-set black man on a roof who said he was being tormented by a (dead) woman in white who was skulking around the premises.

I bonded instantly with this other dead person who appeared as a young male 20-something with short, dark brown hair, dark eyes, and a white t-shirt with some odd black design on it. I think he had been training to become a pilot in life, or something like that. He kept disappearing and reappearing elsewhere. We were all rapidly fading away. I was becoming terribly restless and agitated because, as I said, I wanted to completely leave the earthly realms; I didn't want to be anywhere near them. I kept saying to all the others, "There's other doors! There's other doors! We have to find the other doors!" I was a bit paranoid when it came to those other nonhuman benevolent-seeming spectres who were trying to guide people this way and that-- I didn't trust them. I was convinced that they were just.. programs of some sort, not real beings.
---

1-21-2018:

It was Christmas and I was attending a wake at a stranger's house. (A rather nice though not very large house, with paintings all over the walls and lots of antiques and big giant windows. It was snowing outside.) I think it was in Georgia somewhere deep in the woods. I knew about half of the people there and the rest were strangers. The person who died was the grandfather of someone I knew and I saw his ghost puttering around in the kitchen at one point. I chose to lurk in the corner of the room. There was a man seated in a high-backed dark red chair in the living room; he was holding a small painting in his lap. (A couple months after this dream I became very close to someone who had a deceased grandpa who enjoyed painting, but I don't know if that's related, though his wife died just recently) A dozen or so people were lined up to his left; he was facing away from them, toward me instead though I couldn't see his face-- it was blurry and partly obscured by his hair. He was dressed nicely but a bit disheveled. Whenever the next person in line approached him, they'd whisper something and he would nod either yes or no after staring down at the painting for a few minutes as though it were a scrying mirror.
---

1-21-2018 (same day as previous dream) -

-Nighttime, maybe 3 am? I was sitting at a wooden picnic table which was in the center of a cul de sac of sorts that was surrounded by oak trees. Someone I didn't recognize was seated across from me eating a stack of large mushrooms with maple syrup on top. He suggested that I go pick a pomegranate from the tree and eat that. I knew that if I ate anything I wouldn't be allowed back into the place I came from that night. (At this point I woke up briefly due to a flash that occurred in the corner and what looked like a silhouette of someone in my then-bedroom, kind of like a photo negative. A man. Felt like someone was there.)

..I was now in yet an another unknown wooded grove lit by a single orange street light. I was waiting for my brother to arrive by bus. He did, and we talked casually for a few minutes (which was highly unusual because IRL he is totally non-verbal). Mainly about being sick and whatnot. He left, and I left too, intending to maybe buy horchata somewhere.
My brother died 2 weeks later.
---

02-03-2018 (not long before my brother died) -

Dreamed that there was trouble in some alternate dimension (not unlike the upside-down world from Stranger Things). It kept bleeding into ours. I had to travel--via this other world, not the surface world-- to various specific locations in order to confirm where the openings were. One of those places was somewhere in either Norway or Iceland in a freezing river that spilled out over a cliff. I think my brother may have been with me, but I'm not sure if it was really him. He/they were having trouble remaining conscious and so I had to carry them. It was so unbearably cold and I did not find anything particularly useful to help. So I went back to the town I came from, to a dive bar (which also happened to contain a portal) where others were waiting. The others, including myself were constantly losing memories though so it was extremely difficult to try to put together any concrete plan when the shadowy dream beings began crawling through the ceiling and whatnot. I think it was a small wood-paneled bar, with a tiled floor and low pink lighting. I worked there, actually-- I think. All of us had developed terrible insomnia simultaneously (before all this, I mean) and would always have the same horrible nightmares whenever we did briefly fall asleep at the bar during our shift. Don't remember anything else.
---

02-12-2018

My mom took out a tiny piece of white paper and told me "you will die in three days." (..3 days after this dream, my aunt died of cancer) Immediately before this, I was standing about 15 feet away from a large empty moving truck. There was a female demon (tanned skin, dark hair, mostly human appearance) standing in front of it who refused to look directly at me. I recognized her as the same demon lady from my other past dreams..Though she appeared to be standing still, she was attacking me somehow, and I levitated about 50 feet in the air--which really irritated her-- while trying to figure out what to do. But either she left or I left, so I was safe for the time being. When my mom told me about the little piece of paper, I paced around the garden repeating "What do I do? What do I do?" (..I assume the moving truck was there because, IRL, my mom and I abruptly moved out our house. I hated that house.)
Old 21-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Guide

seems to be a theme of change. wood/woods and water/ice/rain show up at times. A way of 'life' and a way of 'death' -- more to do though with surrender or affirmation/change/moving on. You are in some ways resisting, in some ways want to hang on, but in other ways want to move on and leave something bothersome behind.

also a health checkup might be in order.
Old 22-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have to ask if you struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts? Aside from the dream where your brother's soul came to visit to say goodbye, second dream on 1/21/18, it seems the dreams seem to be related to a major transformation or a desire to leave. It is hard to say for sure because most of our dreams are a reflection of the past days events. Any emotions we have failed to work through gets addressed in the dreams. So not having the context of what happened that day can make interpretation a bit difficult. However, if you struggle with depression and personal demons, some of the dreams could be foreshadowing a point of transition for you. Maybe a situation or encounter that was about to happen that would trigger an awareness, opportunity, or shift in you in some way. Death in dreams is generally about change and transformation. Dark figures and demons in our dreams generally represent our negative repressed sides that we try to deny for our protection. They can be things like low self worth or a tendency to be hyper critical of ourselves that are a threat to our well being so we fear that side and try to repress it. If you sense you struggle with depression and suicidal ideations then the demon could be that aspect of you that wants to suicide. Overall though, the main theme of the dreams seems to revolve around wanting to escape life and leave this realm behind. Even if you are not aware of depression or feeling suicidal I would reflect on your perception of being human and your willingness to be human. It's not a matter of what is right or wrong about how we should feel about life but about being honest with ourselves so we can resolve the things holding us back from being happy and thriving as a human.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Guide
Thank you everyone.

Clear Blue Sky, I agree with your interpretation; unfortunately I cannot afford any sort of health care right now (no insurance, no money saved, and I don't qualify for any free/sliding scale clinics at this time), though I desperately need to get a sleep study done as I suspect I have sleep apnea.

Michelle, in regards to your first question-- yes. I actually experienced a sort of mild ego death (during which I released quite a bit of repressed pain and fully understood the reason behind all my defense mechanisms and false personas) and out of body experience a few weeks ago-- one which made it feel imperative for me to change some major aspect of my life, however I haven't pinpointed what it is yet. I badly need to move out of this city (I am much more depressed when I'm not near lots of natural beauty) but am financially unable to do so at this time.

The demon in my dream was likely there because three separate people in the past have insisted that I have a very bad/demonic entity attachment, which has caused me quite a bit of paranoia, and made me feel like I am inherently impure or bad (as one of those people claimed that it could potentially kill others. So you can imagine the spiral of paranoia that ensued after my brother died...) So I'm guessing that explains that. However I believe your interpretation is correct as well. Currently the main source of my depression is an overwhelming feeling of being trapped by other's expectations of me, by my living situation, and by the persona I feel forced to project (the aforementioned partial ego death made me realize that at heart I am asexual, among other things, things which certain others in my life will not be fully willing to accept.) I'd feel much freer if I could just shave my head and hop in a truck with a bunch of dogs and head toward the mountains, but alas, I can't do that quite yet.
Old 23-07-2018, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
I personally don't believe in demonic attachment but even if it is true I would stop at defining you as inherently bad because of it. The entity attached might be but that doesn't mean you or your soul are. I suspect that there are unresolved and/or disowned negative feelings and emotions that have taken up a bit of a life of their own but that doesn't make you evil or bad. It just means that a part of your human self is fractured. Your soul isn't fractured, just your human psyche for the simple reason of not really knowing how to deal with strong feelings that feel threatening. Some people are born with stronger than normal emotions. If you weren't taught how to navigate them it's very likely you are trying to learn how to navigate your emotional world without a roadmap. Without directions. You may have even been taught negative coping skills. In the minimum you were misled into having a perception of being inherently bad. This is very damaging to your self image and something you will likely need to challenge at some point if you haven't already to truly be free.

I might also ask how you might live your life based on your own expectations instead of feeling it necessary to conform to what others want. True liberation will not come from running for the hills. It comes from standing in your own power and living your life based on your rules and desires instead of trying to please others and live by their rules. Pretty much all humans are misguided about something so why put your self image and fate in their hands. You seem to have a strong connection to the spirit world and as such may very well be able to have strong communications with your higher self and guides. Turn to them by using your dreams or talking to them directly. They will get you the information you need if you ask.