Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 19-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Newbie ;)

Talking New to Mediumship

Hey all,

While I have heard voices most of my life and have been able to sense the emotion in a room or even a specific person's, I never realized they were signs I had abilities. By doctor's I have been labeled as Schizoaffective, but that doesn't sit right with me. I have been looking into other reasons why I hear what I do, and I remembered when I was young and was visiting a haunted hotel. I heard a voice, a voice no one else did. I sensed it was a spirit not just someone playing a joke. I am beginning to realize these voices don't mean I am crazy, it means I can communicate with spirits! I have a gift, and I want to develop it. Natural ability is great, but I want to reach my full potential. Now that I have realized that spirits are trying to communicate with me, I feel a wave of peace. It feels like the spirits a sighing in relief that I FINALLY caught on after all these years.

I am hoping some fellow mediums will help guide me through this journey. I realize not much can be done over the internet, but having some friends to chat with on a regular basis would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to get to know other new mediums so we can develop our skills together.
Old 19-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Master
Hello Liz,

Well this is the right forum for you to do that. It is a good thing to be at peace with it.

The term medium implies you are speaking with spirits who have passed over or spirits who are currently not physically human. Another kind of spirit communication call telepathy is a consideration.

May I ask if that is a subject of interest for you.

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Guide

Well, I’m a little busy to spend time with someone else on long term, but I guess I can help answer any questions you have on mediumship for now.

What are your specific goals? What do you want to know in particular? Feel free to ask.
Old 19-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Like john has said you have come to the right place we have many mediums on here some starting out others like myself. were born with the ability so know other way of life,
just read through the posts and you will see what I mean,

Namaste
Old 19-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Well I don’t know much about telepathy, but I would love to learn!

My goals are to be able to meditate efficiently in order to grasp exactly what spirits are telling me. I want to be able to be open with my family about my gift. I want to help others reach their loved ones who have passed. I want to learn about the lives of those who have passed and I want them to know that there is still someone here for them when they need it.

I have had contact with a malicious spirit recently and that was scary and painful, but she has since left me alone and I am grateful for that.
Old 19-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Experiencer

I too was labeled by our wonderful psychology field and though I may have earned some of those labels at one point in time I have broken through that. The absolute worst thing about those labels is they are not simply a way to identify a category of symptoms and thus a treatment plan. They are harmful to the psyche, the individuals self worth, they inhibit the ability to cure ourselves or to realize that something else is really going on. It makes it even harder to come out to family if they are aware of your diagnosis because if they really do not believe in what we shall call "paranormal" experiances they are likely to question you about your medications and state of mind. This leads to self doubt in a lot of cases. If you have a family that does believe in "paranormal" experiances it makes it easier.
My kids being teenagers questioned if I was manic and they themselves believe in this stuff. I went through a week of self doubt and research into mania until I realized it didnt apply. I was lucky in that my husband is "aware". He is my reality check. With that being said you have to break through that label because it makes you doubt yourself and your experiances. As far as telling your family ease them into the idea of what is going on. When it comes to meditating the biggest goal is learn to quiet the mind so you can hear the messages. They can often just be in the mind and it might sound like your own voice at times. That is telepathy as I know it. Other times you hear it as an external voice. You can develope all your clairs and work with them in synchronicity too. If you ever wanna chat my PMs are open. You have come to the right place though so welcome sweetie I hope you find what you are looking for.

Namaste`