Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Seeker

Is it wrong to want to be successful?

Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world? It's a worldly desire. But what if there's someone who wants to be as successful as, for example, a famous musician or artist... is it wrong to work hard for that goal? I feel really conflicted these days regarding my own aspirations, wondering if I am falling into a trap.
Old 14-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Deactivated Account
No... You should just do as you desire, even if it seperates you from anything spiritual. We aren't slaves or anything like that after all, are we? And we certainly don't have to live up to the demands of a higher force.
Old 14-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Master
Success is just as spiritual as anything else.

There is an odd notion that if you are spiritual, you should live very simply. I think that is bunk. If you pursue what you truly love, there is going to be a chance that you will be a celebrity for it. It might be small chance, but it's there anyway. And if it happens, enjoy it.

Jim Carrey is a fine example of someone who became very famous, but still keeps his spiritual outlook. So yeah you can def have both.
Old 14-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey
Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world?
I think it depends on your motives. If you just want to be rich and famous to comfort your ego, then you'll have a hard time finding your true self.
But if you want to become the best you can be at a profession or craft that means a lot to you, then being successful can come as a result of your effort to find your true calling.
Old 14-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world? It's a worldly desire. But what if there's someone who wants to be as successful as, for example, a famous musician or artist... is it wrong to work hard for that goal? I feel really conflicted these days regarding my own aspirations, wondering if I am falling into a trap.

Hi,

I say trust your intuitive inclinations and instincts. They most likely represent your inner passions which are quite spiritual.

Real world success is very representative of a person with spiritual values and life style. The mind set that only greedy selfish people can be successful is a cultural bias I suspect.

The only trap I see is over thinking these things. Trust your self as it relates to your feelings and be greatful for having them.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Here's the secret that few Spiritual people will tell you. So many Spiritual people are making a lot of money and are very successful. Every Spiritual book you buy means money in someone Spiritual's pocket. If you're watching a Spiritual YouTube and there are adverts, is the Spiritual channel owner getting paid for the adverts? Not so long ago there was a stink-up about Teal Swan, she was wearing a Gucci top to present a Spiritual video on her channel.

It's also a wordly desire to be as Spiritual as you can be.
Old 14-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Lorelyen

Good grief no. It's perfectly ok to be successful. Set your aims then do what's necessary, correcting course as you go. They're as spiritual as you are.
Old 14-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Master

depends on what you want. Everyone lauds being a success, but TBH a lot of that is just trying to look good in other people's eyes. There are other games to be played than that though if you start reckoning differently.

After all there is a cost to trying to look good in others' eyes. And despite what people want to think it is rather high. But people regularly pay what they have to to look good in each other's eyes, probably you will too. Probably, if I had to pick a path to go to my own destruction, that would be a fine good one to pick. I'm still on the fence though. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 14-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
depends on what you want.
That's an important observation as it's a relative question/answer. I wanted to be a successful teacher when I had a career as one. But I never made much money, and what I made was good enough for me. My success as a teacher was what I concerned myself with. Completely different than if my success focus had been to work in a private school where the teachers were all paid the best wages in the country.
Old 14-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
The conflict is not with being successful (in the world or otherwise). The conflict to spirituality is when your attachment to success drives your actions rather than being who you are (expressing your inner nature).

Its subtle, there is no issue of trying for or achieving success, its the attachment to outcome that causes the problems.