Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-07-2018, 03:48 AM
Deactivated Account
not community. but conformity

im seeing a pattern. out of curioisity to see what would happen. after listening to a youtube video about somebody promoting kundalini. from such and such guru lineage. a good thing in my view.

again out of curiosity cause i was curious and wished to test the waters if this was a community movement or a conformity movement. i wrote a short paragraph sharing how i got into meditation. deleted. i got a good laugh. this sorta thing doesnt go on anywhere outside of spirituality. reminds me of a bunch of snoby school kids brats in highschool or something.

so far most places i see this pattern. bow down. put your face on the ground. and conform into whatever it happend to be. by all means dont talk about your experince. remember you are the slave. and they are the slave masters.

recently decided to part ways from another one of these deals. im catching on. this one i tested right away just to see. slaves and the slave master.

this is what it is. conformity movements. current day slavery. im about as easing going as they come. when the rowdy folks begin to wake up im afraid all heck is going to break lose. sorta a bar room brawl in the spirit. perhaps down here to.

i would like to make excuses for this ridiculious activity. i admire some of these folks. but what does sugar coating things realy do. except express a lie. it is what it is. i have held back what i have witnessed to many times. i would rather have my integrity than constantly not acknowledge the obvious.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-07-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
I know, my friend.

However, do you have any idea just how many 'sock puppet" accounts single members have on such forums? It would blow your mind.

What usually happens is this... You will post a personal experience... somebody else will come along who disagrees, or wants to create trouble...and so, they will troll you in all of their alternate forum personas... this will cause others to jump on the bandwagon because you are having 5 or 6 people disagree (who are all the same person) and this will cause the thread to be deleted because it is "causing too much controversy" then after three or four attempts at posting ANYTHING, you will find yourself banned.

Such people infiltrate sites with the sole purpose of closing them down... you will also notice that after six months to a year, you go back to those sites to check them out and they have all died... nobody has posted there for months.

It is a VERY common occurrence.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Master
I shall tell you all an amusing little anecdote.

Back in the day, before broadband and everybody was using dial-up, I was the co-Administrator on a gaming forum...It was on the old Invision Boards..

Our forum was a nice little community of about 50 gamers who all belonged to the same "clan" or supported it... members from other clans were allowed to join us, as long as they followed the rules...but none did.

One day, a few gamers from a rival clan hatched a plan on 4chan's "partyvan" to take our site down. They started joining the forum under many different identities to harass our members and I was FOREVER deleting duplicate IP addresses...then, they started using "proxy servers" to join and that task became more difficult... members were leaving the forum in droves and even the other administrator threw in the towel.

After that, Dial-up changed to broadband, so trying to track down sock puppet accounts was totally impossible, because the IP changed every time you logged on the internet.

At this stage, we were down to about half a dozen members, so I had a plan...I would make about a hundred sock puppet accounts MYSELF, on my own forum, to try and drive the invaders out from within the forum itself...Well, I accomplished that, but also managed to drive out the remaining loyal members simultaneously through this action.

I was left with an empty forum, BUT, I also had a hundred sock puppets to play with...So, for the next six months or so, I gave them all complex identities and sat there having conversations with myself online, while other versions of myself joined in...I was trying to keep the forum going, but I was totally losing my sanity in the process...I learned a lot about spirituality this way though..

After about six months of having full on conversations with myself up to like the 30th person, I got bored with it, deleting the forum and leaving the game..

...and people often wonder why it is that I have a "screw loose" upstairs...
Old 06-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I know, my friend.

However, do you have any idea just how many 'sock puppet" accounts single members have on such forums? It would blow your mind.

What usually happens is this... You will post a personal experience... somebody else will come along who disagrees, or wants to create trouble...and so, they will troll you in all of their alternate forum personas... this will cause others to jump on the bandwagon because you are having 5 or 6 people disagree (who are all the same person) and this will cause the thread to be deleted because it is "causing too much controversy" then after three or four attempts at posting ANYTHING, you will find yourself banned.

Such people infiltrate sites with the sole purpose of closing them down... you will also notice that after six months to a year, you go back to those sites to check them out and they have all died... nobody has posted there for months.

It is a VERY common occurrence.

weirdness! lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 07-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Knower

I was looking at a certain youtube video about a a certain master talking about things that would ordinarily be considered by many to be quite controversial. Maybe even a little crazy/wrong...

But all the comments are like ah yes, wise words, wise words!

It kind of got me thinking that if an "ordinary" western person had shared the same story they would have got blasted! - and probably by the very same people!!!

No disrespect intended though.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Deactivated Account
my last walking away goes like this. and in all fairness it is about the best out there. i left cause what i get from my travels is like an ocean of power compared to what i may get from meditating with a person.

i show up for the first time in person. everything is cool. then out of nowhere my intuition spoke up. "hey, you had your fun its our turn now. it says we must talk about YOU."

my intuition was referring to the guidelines of writing in ones personal blog there. the group had a site and each person gets there own blog to discuss their journey. which i was NOT aware of yet tell just then. lol

so the guru responds, "no, you can talk about your journey. there is no problem." my intuition through feeling i began experiencing the fall out energetically of doing so. and was saying to me thats not going to last.

so I responded, " so do i listen to you or my intuition. i will listen to my intuition cause so far it hasnt been wrong as far as i can remembed. but i will stay and see what happens, cause this is really no big deal." which it really isn't in my view. its just really weird.

other places are beyond weird and more like slave masters trying to find them some slaves. this gentlemans words aren't like that. i wouldn't include him in that category. but nor am i going to stay involved when i get more power for growth from the planet than any person. including this person.

energetically i sensed as i followed through on what i was told i could that there is some friction. from where i dont know? followers perhaps.

as it heated up i began having my girfriend read anything i was going to post. she is around all these people into spirituality all the time and she may have some insight if maybe i should word something some other way. she works as a psychic and all her friends do things like that. she must know.

she knew all right. my intuition was telling the truth. but she went ahead for the sake of kindness and respect proof read everything before it going to my blog.

she warned me countless times. and i knew. like everything i have gotten into i have had to suck it up long enough to extract what i wanted.

finaly and there had been a previous warning of some kind. this one was just as my intuition said it would be. you must include this guru in your experinces in the blog.

in the end my girfriend and i got a good laugh. lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 07-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Deactivated Account
by the way. that was the third group my intuition called out. being psychic is not even my deal. but for whatever reason in certain situations it lights up and speaks up. and it has not failed me thus far. in that it has been true. this one was a very tame experince. as it wasn't any big deal of a thing going to happen.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 07-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Master

As with all of you, I'm sure I've been a member of a lot of forums/message boards over the years. There is a certain mentality on some. Very clickish.

I've even seen some "conformity" acts here at times. Someone relates a rare or bizarre experience and 14 other members jump on the bandwagon with the exact same experience.

I find its a age thing, often, when I view their profile so I shut up and move on.

I remember once a woman who was a prostitute by profession posted about her reasoning and positive attitude towards her career choice and a dozen or so other members verbally attacked her. I remember feeling shame and outrage towards those dozen or so. This happened here btw. This courageous woman never came back. I sent her an email but never heard back from her. Such representation from this forum was reprehensible.

I've realized over the years that some are just looking to create waves or they are just bored. Or maybe both. Immaturity is another factor irregardless of age.

I'm sure you agree that we have all developed our Spidey Senses on certain individuals and just put them on ignore.

I do know Staff here on SF do their utmost to make this a civil and safe place for all. It's just some slip through the cracks unbeknownst to them. Thank you Mods and Staff for all you do should you read this (noticed I capitalized both titles ).
Old 08-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
As with all of you, I'm sure I've been a member of a lot of forums/message boards over the years. There is a certain mentality on some. Very clickish.

I've even seen some "conformity" acts here at times. Someone relates a rare or bizarre experience and 14 other members jump on the bandwagon with the exact same experience.

I find its a age thing, often, when I view their profile so I shut up and move on.

I remember once a woman who was a prostitute by profession posted about her reasoning and positive attitude towards her career choice and a dozen or so other members verbally attacked her. I remember feeling shame and outrage towards those dozen or so. This happened here btw. This courageous woman never came back. I sent her an email but never heard back from her. Such representation from this forum was reprehensible.

I've realized over the years that some are just looking to create waves or they are just bored. Or maybe both. Immaturity is another factor irregardless of age.

I'm sure you agree that we have all developed our Spidey Senses on certain individuals and just put them on ignore.

I do know Staff here on SF do their utmost to make this a civil and safe place for all. It's just some slip through the cracks unbeknownst to them. Thank you Mods and Staff for all you do should you read this (noticed I capitalized both titles ).

guidines are understandable. although i have been kicked out of the strong opinions section i had it coming when i brought up the american revolution in a thread there. i didnt complain about that but did let lucky1 know why i wouldn't be in that section anymore. i owned up and told him i had it coming. i did. i dont always follow guidelines well but own up to it. this is an excelllent forum imo. i did complain when a thread of mine disappeared but it for whatever reasons wasn't coming up in the search to locate it. some kinda glitch.

being comformed to speak about a particular guru when i speak about my journey is over the top for me. mainly because i was told by him no such conformity would be put upon me. yet it was. so i walked away.

unfortunately most often in what i am searching for information about having to do with the bliss since thats what i experience therefore curious about, what is out there for the most part is very bizarre to me.

its all good reguardless. sometimes in life you got to suck it up to find out what you need. then move on to healthier ground in my view. which for me is just doing my thing and communicating where such strange conformity doesnt exist. it can be a lonely place in that what i experience is sorta out of the ordinary except within the groups with gurus that push conformity on me. but i dont feel lonely being the minority. i am a truck driver and being so i must enjoy being with just myself. and i do. its all good

Wherever I May Roam
Old 08-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Deactivated Account
that is a real bummer how the prostitute was treated here. i think the weirdest thing i directly experienced was a member doing some guilt trip on me about how im causing global warming for being a truck driver. if for a second i was to believe in that conspiracy, which i feel is ridicuilious since the world has been in a warming trend of 1 degree per century for the last several hundred years. if truck drivers dont do there job everybody dies in a mad hurry except a few that know how to hunt and grow there own food.

Wherever I May Roam