Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This is a Christian sub-forum within the context of a general spiritual forum. I have heard many arguments here that God is NOT real...…. I find it disheartening.

I'm not shark to here many not believing in God. satan will try to keep it that way ,(2Cor.4:4). satan's plans is to take as many with him as he can, straight to their destruction. someone once said, if there was a God, why don't he just get rid of the wicked? but ANYONE who knows Jehovah God, they would know that first, there are some on Earth. that has never heard of the ONLY true God as Jesus said ,(John 17:3). secondly and most importantly, he trying to give ALL a chance to change from their wicked ways.

we had enough time living a fowl life ,(1 Peter 4:3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries). he really doesn't want to destroy ANYONE, (Ezek. 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? said the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live). peace
Old 29-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Master
I guess I'm having a crises of faith.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Honza. God is real and He knows you personally. He loves you and wants only to have a relationship with you. Rest in his peace and know that he is God. He stands at the door and knocks, his promise is if you hear him knocking (which your post confirms you do) then if you answer and let him in, he will eat with you and you with him. It's a personal thing. As the relationship grows it's also a tangible thing. You can experience a relationship with a individual daily. He's my best friend but also my God. My prayer for you is that you know him too. God bless you!

Yes, that is what I need. A relationship with God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:

You're having a crisis of faith because you are caught in man made dogma. You are trying to place your God within a box, and when you never find God, you become disillusioned and it clouds your mind.

It's obvious you want more from life. Even you know that. But you are trying to keep your life within the confines of your own mind. It wants to come out. Let it out. Don't let it be limited by how you see God, or how you think God should be.

Find the answers to God within yourself. Your answers are all within you. Outside of anything others have told you is God. Find your own experiences with God. Not what people tell you, not what books tell you. That will be real to you above anything else.
Old 29-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Knower
You have raised a good question Honza. There was a time when I used to wish that there was a God, a figure glowing with light, who would come down to Earth from Heaven and fulfil all my wishes. I think such thoughts occur in every religious mind. As a child, my friends would often express the same desire as me. With the passage of time I have realized how silly I was. I never really wished to see God. I only wanted to fulfil my desires. As for God, I think that is a final destination. I am only concerned with the journey.
Old 30-06-2018, 07:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
the person who wrote the book on such matter, speaks nonsense. he (Bucke), said "death is an absurdity, that everyone and everything has eternal life". this statement alone shows he's as wrong as a left shoe on a right foot! MANY of us has lost a love one in death. if "everyone HAD ETERNAL LIFE", they would still be here, sad! this is why I don't listen to man especially when it concerns things of a spiritual nature.

. peace

The name Bucke caught my attention here. Presumably you are referring to Dr. Maurice Bucke the Canadian Psychiater who introduced his treatise of cosmic consciousness toward the end of the 19th century. He describes his experience of CC when, in a taxi, he was suddenly bathed in a glow of what he called fire - unable to describe it in any other way. This experience changed his life and was the initial trigger towards a theory that not only do we partake in a physical evolution but also in a mental or spiritual evolution.

There is a book titled 'Cosmic Consciousness' or 'Dr. Bucke Revisited' by Pearl Hawkins - Athena Press, London. One which is full of CC experiences reported by people of all walks of life.

I can identify myself with Bucke and Hawkins because I too have been fortunate enough to experience incredulous moments which come under the same heading. I know so to speak 'the taste of salt'. As for your conclusions about eternal life, well, just to say, I saw my father immediately after his death and my wife about two months after her death, this combined with my own CC experiences leaves me in no doubt about just how each of us fits into this universe.

And you, I suggest, should listen to 'man' as you put it. However, you won't, unless you are very lucky, get any information from anywhere else.
Old 30-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Then have a goal of finding the answer, a dream of finding truth.

You know, we can only partially trust other people's advice, opinions, and guidance. People believe different things. Many people believe what they were taught growing up. Others believe what they WANT to believe.

But neither of those (believing something because you want to, or believing what you were taught by others) reasons for believing come from integrity, from self-honesty.

What one should do is undertake a search, a journey. The goal is understanding, to know the TRUTH.

Seek the answer. Seek the truth. Seek knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

It may sound dismal, but the truth is we're all on our own. No one else can tell you what's true - you have to find answers for yourself.

Then again, you have God. Only God loves and understands you perfectly. That's one reason we need Him/Her/It. God is the only one we can fully trust.

May I suggest you read the first post I made in this thread again?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Ascender

those who doesn't believe in God, will form a resaon for the why's, then try to explain them. these men didn't believe in an invisible being, so the teaching of evolution and so on was started. sadly for many, satan has blinded the unbelievers, (2Cor.4:4). as for seeing the dead, i too went through years of seeing what i thought were dead people. believing that they can still in one way or another communicate with us. a couple of days after my mother's funeral ,my husband and I ran into my 6 year old child's room after hearing her screaming.

she told us that "grandma was fixing her blanket". he didn't believe her, because he had never witness seeing spirits. i believed her because i have, also the child was crying! the next night my husband seen my mother who had just died. wearing the gown she had on in the hospital. yeah...he screamed too! years later once I learn the truth, i stop seeing them. Jehovah God words shows that the dead which MANY calls "SOULS", KNOWS NOTHING! ,(Psa. 146:4 His breath go forth, he return to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish).

see also (Eccles. 9:5,6 For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share In anything done under the sun). the dead doesn't have any knowledge of what they have left behind. they can't come to us be-it by talking or showing up. sorry if you refuse to believe this. i did once, when my sister told me..."that's not mama you guys were seeing".

my other sister and I REFUSE to hear what she was trying to tell us. Later i learn from someone else with scriptures, it was demons pretending to be our dead love ones. they were Angels at one time, so much more intelligent than ANY HUMAN! they know ALL bout every human on earth, past and present. they will have MANY people believing that they can conjure up ,(psychics) , the dead. demons are the masters of lies and trickery. this is why we need to get to know God, in order to be protected ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil).

see (1Sam.28:3-19), here it tells how one man thought that the psychic actually brought to him a dead righteous man. though God hated those acts of satan. it really wasn't that man, but a demon. MANY are aware of satan's MANY tricks ,(2Corin. 2:11 so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes). I know that there will soon be an resurrection of the dead. Jesus told us this ,(John 5:28,29). but until then we will NEVER actually see them once they have died. as for me listening to man, NOT unless he uses God's word. peace
Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Master
[quote=jojo50]those who doesn't believe in God, will form a resaon for the why's, then try to explain them. these men didn't believe in an invisible being, so the teaching of evolution and so on was started. sadly for many, satan has blinded the unbelievers, (2Cor.4:4). as for seeing the dead, i too went through years of seeing what i thought were dead people. believing that they can still in one way or another communicate with us. a couple of days after my mother's funeral ,my husband and I ran into my 6 year old child's room after hearing her screaming.

she told us that "grandma was fixing her blanket". he didn't believe her, because he had never witness seeing spirits. i believed her because i have, also the child was crying! the next night my husband seen my mother who had just died. wearing the gown she had on in the hospital. yeah...he screamed too! years later once I learn the truth, i stop seeing them. Jehovah God words shows that the dead which MANY calls "SOULS", KNOWS NOTHING! ,(Psa. 146:4 His breath go forth, he return to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish).

see also (Eccles. 9:5,6 For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share In anything done under the sun). the dead doesn't have any knowledge of what they have left behind. they can't come to us be-it by talking or showing up. sorry if you refuse to believe this. i did once, when my sister told me..."that's not mama you guys were seeing".

my other sister and I REFUSE to hear what she was trying to tell us. Later i learn from someone else with scriptures, it was demons pretending to be our dead love ones. they were Angels at one time, so much more intelligent than ANY HUMAN! they know ALL bout every human on earth, past and present. they will have MANY people believing that they can conjure up ,(psychics) , the dead. demons are the masters of lies and trickery. this is why we need to get to know God, in order to be protected ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil).

see (1Sam.28:3-19), here it tells how one man thought that the psychic actually brought to him a dead righteous man. though God hated those acts of satan. it really wasn't that man, but a demon. MANY are aware of satan's MANY tricks ,(2Corin. 2:11 so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes). I know that there will soon be an resurrection of the dead. Jesus told us this ,(John 5:28,29). but until then we will NEVER actually see them once they have died. as for me listening to man, NOT unless he uses God's word. peace[/QUOTE

' Later i learn from someone else with scriptures, it was demons pretending to be our dead loved ones '

Don't believe everything written down in scriptures, it could be demons writing them

I have also seen loved ones after they had passed over, beautiful It has nothing to do with a satan as he/she only visits people who believe in him/her :
Old 02-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Guide

Does God exist? Yes. Does God actually look like someone's Biblical grandfather with a long beard and wrinkled face? No, at least I don't think so.

But people need an image to hold onto, to help them conceptualize that there is a Great Creator out there. Tell people it's intelligent, universal, thinking energy and you'll get blank stares. Many cannot grasp that. By putting a face on God the concept of a greater force than common people, a greater force than kings, becomes easier to comprehend.

An image of a grandfatherly figure, wiser than everyone else, willing to mete out punishment to help his children and grandchildren become better people... that is relatable to our "real" lives. Parents discipline us. God disciplines us. Parents love us even when they discipline us. God loves us too, even when he comes down hard on us. And we learn not to anger our parents. Most learn not to anger God either.

Some people take great comfort from the image we've all seen of God as the grandfatherly but all-powerful man. If you do, go with it. I cannot prove what God looks like. Maybe an old man is a fair representation, or maybe God is beyond physical existance. Who can know for sure?