Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Knower

First Reiki healing session, has this happened to you?

Hi All,

I went to my first ever Reiki healing today - i loved it.

I just had some questions as i am a complete novice about this.

The reiki healer said my head was the most active part, and in truth i felt many sensations around my head like heat, tingles/vibration pressure and when i had my eyes closed it was like when you turn your face to the sun with your eyes closed, and its all bright, but the room was ofc dark-is and dim lights.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

I've also been feeling hot all day since.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Knower

has anyone else experienced this?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi

What you experienced will not be unusual during a session, however every session will be different. There are many variables which can affect your phyisical, emotional & spiritual perception on a day to day, hour to hour basis. The energies utilised by the practitioner will also be effected by their life, interactions, emotions etc. I know from experience that my own mental state can block me from being truly attuned to the recipient and unable to focus with pure love and healing intent. You are fortunate that you have found someone that you are comfortable with and that you will be able to experience the profound healing that is available through Reiki on all levels. Don't worry about what you do or don't experience during a session just accept it with thanks.
Ian
Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 AM
Guide

Your head is where your crown chakra and third eye chakra is, and so negative energy is still trying to resist its way out of your body from there. It’s a kind of “growing pains” natural to any Reiki session. Headaches during Reiki are usually caused by some suppressed mental thoughts and memories, so maybe you can work in figuring what those are.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Master

Reiki is Universal love energy and this energy can bring a lot of emotions up that were being suppressed. So you may find some emotional baggage that you may have been carrying around that now comes to the forefront and wants attention, like it is saying, are you done with me yet - LOL?

After taking one Reiki class I went to a Reiki meetup shortly thereafter and other people did Reiki on me. It was so emmense and I could feel energy and while it was amazing, I found that I don't like when other people do Reiki on me that I don't know, so I never went back.

I live with Reiki Masters and my daughter and her wife are Reiki Masters and so I have access to lots of Reiki if I feel I need it, but I find my own Reiki energy is usually enough for me.

I think I am very sensitive to others energy, and have been all my life, and for me it is almost too much to have other's energy pointed directly at me.

I never made it past Reiki One.

But Reiki is awesome and has changed my life. I am just careful that is is flowing through me and out of me and not pointed at me from someone else.

But get ready to take out your baggage and unpack it - FYI :)