Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Based on the story of Pentecost, something extraordinary does seem to have happened to the Apostles on Pentecost. What happened can probably not be described in words.

As you duly noted, however, "Even after Witnessing the Miracles of Jesus and his Resurrection,It was the Holy Spirit that brought it all together for them."

I love what you wrote about purification and allowing the Spirit to emerge (as opposed to descend and fill) since I feel that the Spirit is already there ever-ready to manifest. I believe we are saying the same thing with different words.

Yes I believe we are saying the same thing.The holy spirit is somewhere waiting,,,inside,outside who knows but I think it is something we will recognise and remember if and when it appears in us....A life changing Experience which may or may not be seen/felt by others.It is inside and personal but it seems to give faith and courage in our self and in God.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
When was the door ever closed ?

We do agree on the importance of the Holy Spirit.

Why would Jesus say Seek and you will find, knock and the door will open, if it was always already open?

Opening the door to me is the door between heaven and earth, I strongly suspect the whole world would know if you opened it. Like the Holy Spirit descending, tongues of flame were seen, a sound like thunder was heard, it wasn't a subtle interior event. If the door is opened, I truly think the Holy Spirit will very visibly and audibly come. If it doesn't come in this way, it isn't what is being talked about.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I agree and that is what I thought last night.
Jesus gave us the water and we must cleanse our self by following his teachings.
God Cleanses with Fire in the form of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus was not cleansed with fire,he did not need cleansing so the holy spirit descended as a dove which marked a new beginning.The new Testament.
The old teachings were confusing and Gods love was mixed with man's/woman's actions which led to stories of a vengeful God.

The Old testament/old teachings/ideas needed cleansing....the easiest example to explain is "an eye for an eye"which Jesus cleansed and he gave us "turn the other cheek"

There is also the idea of the "fire"of hades being something completely different,a resting place of cleansing but that is for a whole new thread.

We cannot do all the cleaning.God send's the Holy Spirit when we are ready so I don't think it is within us waiting.It is outside waiting for us to be pure and of a similar vibration,,, which is the science aspect.It would rip us apart in beauty if it entered us when we were not ready.

We can be pure in the heart but not in the mind as the heart is first to be cleansed.I think Buddhists go about this the other way around,mind first,then heart which can lead to Nirvana,,,that's off topic but It came to me so I mentioned it

I more or less agree with you here
Old 02-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes I believe we are saying the same thing.The holy spirit is somewhere waiting,,,inside,outside who knows but I think it is something we will recognise and remember if and when it appears in us....A life changing Experience which may or may not be seen/felt by others.It is inside and personal but it seems to give faith and courage in our self and in God.

Though not here
Old 02-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Ascender

We can all be close to God without the Holy Spirit,as many are.
The Holy Spirit in us, is like rocket fuel compared to petrol.We can still move towards God but with the Holy Spirit we can get there faster and bring others with us.
Is there any in society now with "The Holy Spirit" as witnessed and felt by the Apostles?....I don't know,,,can it be watered down a bit?.what would be the point.

The Holy Spirit is a Soul infusion of God's breath so it carries on after death into other Realms or most likely back here and continue the physical journey.....just my thought and not "Gospel"??
Old 02-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
We can all be close to God without the Holy Spirit,as many are.
The Holy Spirit in us, is like rocket fuel compared to petrol.We can still move towards God but with the Holy Spirit we can get there faster and bring others with us.
Is there any in society now with "The Holy Spirit" as witnessed and felt by the Apostles?....I don't know,,,can it be watered down a bit?.what would be the point.

The Holy Spirit is a Soul infusion of God's breath so it carries on after death into other Realms or most likely back here and continue the physical journey.....just my thought and not "Gospel"??

We can all seek, and be close to God because we are looking for God, I like the idea that with the Holy Spirit in us we can get there faster and take others with us. This is exactly what happened to the people at Pentecost, suddenly they were inspired and capable of healing. Before that they were just normal people with certain convictions.

There is no one in society now who fulfills these requirements, but I will wait for evidence to appear, if it doesn't there is always hope and faith in Jesus, if the Holy Spirit does descend the world should witness something sudden and dramatic again.

Watering the concept of the Holy Spirit down would be common and understandable, I just suspect it isn't necessary. I'll wait.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
We can all seek, and be close to God because we are looking for God, I like the idea that with the Holy Spirit in us we can get there faster and take others with us. This is exactly what happened to the people at Pentecost, suddenly they were inspired and capable of healing. Before that they were just normal people with certain convictions.

There is no one in society now who fulfills these requirements, but I will wait for evidence to appear, if it doesn't there is always hope and faith in Jesus, if the Holy Spirit does descend the world should witness something sudden and dramatic again.

Watering the concept of the Holy Spirit down would be common and understandable, I just suspect it isn't necessary. I'll wait.

I think God only spoke when it concerned Jesus so "Tongues of fire" is all you and me are gonna get

We can look at it in the watered down way.
The Holy Spirit came to the Apostles in a dramatic way and maybe through their teachings they passed on the Spirit to us all ,but through them so we don't get the descent with tongues of fire.
We are here talking about an event 2000 years ago so perhaps this is the Spirit within us growing.
If it keeps growing and reaches full potential maybe it will erupt in a tongue of fire which may open the door to Heaven and others may see it.

I prefer the not watered down version.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:

I thought that we were saying the same thing but in different words.

There is a point at which words become inadequate, and I think that you were suggesting that when you referred to the "experience which may or may not be seen/felt by others". That "experience" is most assuredly hard to describe but, as you duly noted, "it seems to give faith (I would say certainty) and courage in our self and in God."

I love your posts.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Master
Jesus being related to the heart, the Holy Spirit being related to the mind.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KHsNtIqxlIb3C8

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i..._M9BRBvJ7kG-oQ

This looks like energy entering in through the crown.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Why would Jesus say Seek and you will find, knock and the door will open, if it was always already open?

Opening the door to me is the door between heaven and earth, I strongly suspect the whole world would know if you opened it. Like the Holy Spirit descending, tongues of flame were seen, a sound like thunder was heard, it wasn't a subtle interior event. If the door is opened, I truly think the Holy Spirit will very visibly and audibly come. If it doesn't come in this way, it isn't what is being talked about.

It is my sense that metaphors are often used to express a point but those metaphors are not necessarily perfect parallels. However, they are often the best way to express the inexpressible to an audience that cannot understand the ultimate.

Jesus was a master of parables that were understandable to the masses to whom he preached.

My sense is that the divine spark of the Holy Spirit is inherent in all but we do not allow the light to shine through as we cling to our little separatist ego and the gestalt surrounding it. It is my understanding that the only barrier/door/gate to the divine spark is self-created in the mental realms by the little self. ("Be still and know ... THAT .... I AM ... God. Psalm 46:10.) (Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God. Beatitudes.)

By the way, I really enjoy reading your posts !