Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Master
Trying to get to sleep, but my Higher Self is keeping me awake (don't ya just hate that?) lol

So, there is a mountain...many paths up this mountain...

Some may decide to take a helicopter to the top, others may walk...

Those who take the helicopter will look upon those walking up and say; "those fools...just look at them...can't they see how much time they are wasting? they should just take the helicopter to the top, like I did...it will save them a lot of time and effort..."

Those who are walking will eventually reach the summit and go "what a beautiful, magnificent view!...it was well worth the walk just to see this...and look how fit I am now! the panorama is spectacular!"

So, a man loses his keys....a passer-by watches him search for those keys under a light pole...and the passer by asks "may I inquire as to what you are doing?" and the man says "Certainly. I am searching for my keys" and the passer-by says "so where did you lose them?" and the man goes "I lost them inside my house". The passer-by was puzzled..."so, why do you seek them here?" and the man replies "because the light is better".

...and now, it may let me sleep in peace. lol
Old 05-07-2018, 07:35 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for the wise words. Everyone has the right to choose.
Old 16-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_1
Thanks for the wise words. Everyone has the right to choose.
Right-Shmite! Wisdom-Shmisdom! It is impossible not to 'choose' - even what's called 'not choosing' is a 'choice'!

Consider this to 'really' be a invitation to 'get real', Alice.
Old 17-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Universe IS IT and Has No Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Right-Shmite! Wisdom-Shmisdom! It is impossible not to 'choose' - even what's called 'not choosing' is a 'choice'!
Consider this to 'really' be a invitation to 'get real', Alice.

I agree wholeheartedly David.

Universe/Uni-V-erse IS IT and each individual is following their own personal practice to adapt to IT IS whether they realize they are making choices are always making a choice.

Ignoring truth/facts is being not real. Not honest. Lacking some aspects of moral integrity and that is really how many people are.

In this way we see each individual choosing their personal set of moral integrities to espouse and practice.

We can never get outside of ---i.e. beyond--- finite, occupied space Universe, except via access to metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts.

And all access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts occurs via our finite, occupied space experiences.

Finite, occupied space Uni-V-erse/God is always present as mountain and valleys, oceans and springs, and relativity all dualities stem from sine-wave patterned /\/\/ frequencies ^v^v of existence.

The duality of positive and negative is chosen by each individual as moderation of angle and frequency. We have steer-ability as we cosmically orbit, spin, expand-contract and spiral forward.

We do choose to remain, or not, as a human vector that our parents initiated. Most choice to remain until environmental consequences take them apart{ disintegration }.

I also understand we can place those terminal endings concepts to the side so we can focus on more pressing issues. So yes, some degree of ignorance of some truths/fact is rational, logical common sense pathways forward.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-07-2018, 01:18 AM
Master

theoretically, you could in one fell swoop choose the outcome of all your future choices (the 'death' god spoke of). After that point, would you then be considered to continue to choose?
Old 23-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Feel free to choose whatever suits you

Exactly.

And on what basis should one choose?

Choose what gives you joy. Follow the path of your heart. Do what 'rocks your world' and 'blows your mind.' Do what FEELS GREAT.

My view is that both NA and TA are valid.

Take whichever path feels great to you, personally. The truth is everyone already does that. We do as we please.
Old 23-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Experiencer

A good way to understand a thing (or a person) is to see its validity - to see the GOOD in it.

Secondly, simplicity is important for understanding.

NA is right that we're ALREADY one with everything, we're already the Self.

TA is correct that, although we're already the Self, we DON'T already have awareness of that Self, we don't have experiential knowledge of it.

If we combine these perspectives, we could take the view, 'I'm already the Self, but I don't fully experientially know this Self.'

That perspective might be the beginning of realization.
Old 23-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Master
I appreciate your over-view, HS (not that others haven't shared such 'sense' of 'perspective', but yours came across as pretty much being THE Cat's MEEOW! - what I have 'grokked' IT to be at least!).

Let me (hopefully) 'add' to something to that fullness - image: water 'added' to a full-glass results in 'spill-over', and if and as 'additions' continue to be made along such lines, will result (or may a least) in a GREATER and GREATER 'stream' of FLOW. Re your saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
And on what basis should one choose?

Choose what gives you joy. Follow the path of your heart. Do what 'rocks your world' and 'blows your mind.' Do what FEELS GREAT.
There is no 'end' to 'rocking and bopping, feeling great, and mind expansion.' That is to say, their is no 'final' 'state' of being in such regards beyond which there is no 'more', or nothing 'greater'.

Love and Joy, hence Creativity or Life Itself - which (IMO) is the expeerience and expression pression of That Which Is All That Is - is an ever-ongoing, ever-evolving, ever-growing, hence ever-increasing process.

As I wrote in my book:
[indent]"I have deliberately not used phrases like ‘reaching Godhead’ and ‘getting to Heaven’, etc. though what I am advocating is exactly that, because they erroneously imply an end- (or final-) destination. In terms of Life, this is a false concept. In case, having found Life’s mode of flux upsetting, you are one who has fallen prey to the temptation to set your sights on an illusion of some sort of utopian finale, let me disabuse you of the notion. The ‘best’, ultimately ‘most’ glorious and joyful attainment is not a place or state that one arrives at and stays in. Staticity of any kind, if prolonged, leads to stagnation. In terms of Creativity, it is death! The ecstatic ‘peak’ such terms refer to is really not a ‘final’ attainment or accomplishment, as many naively believe. Rather, as the words ‘Eternal Life’ clearly indicate, it is ever-ongoing creative process."/[indent]

There is no 'end' to 'doing', hence thinking about what will and choosing, what FEELS GREAT(er - there is never an 'end' to the kind of choosing your reference - IOW!

A lot of seekers' seeking is like a "When I get 'married', I will 'finally' be 'completely' happy" projection, and a lot of finders' finding is like a "Now that I am 'married', I am 'completely' happy, which means as 'happy' as I or anyone else can ever be" projection. Both unrealistic (in terms of what Life is (all about) really!

Woohoo, Bro!

P.S. There is a whole 'field' (not going 'back' thousands of years but which IMO will go on for thousands in the future) which sometimes goes by the name 'Process Theology' springing up which you and/or other readers may be interested in exploring:

http://www.openhorizons.org/
Old 23-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color .... Time >{ * i * }< Time ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
P.S. There is a whole 'field'....

All fields are finite and have an associated shape/pattern. Ex pattern shape of EMagnetic field around Earth is a torus.

EM photon or stream of them have a sine-wave /\/\/\/\/ associated shape/pattern.
Humans ride along in a field of interacting/interfering sine-wave patterned frequencies ^*v*^v^*v*^ or as /**\../\/**\/..\/

The best we can do is to moderate our high peaks and low troughs. To some degree we may also moderate the wave length of our sine-wave patterned frequencies but that is something that is more fundamental to our biological existence.

All is moderation of angle and frequency and we each attempt to choose the vectorial trajectories forward as we process the incoming and outgoing experiences.

< < Outgoing Past of Observed Time < { * i * } < Incoming Future Time to Be Observed < <

{ * Birth * } >/>\>/>\>/> Entropic Arrow-of-Time >/>\>/>\>/> { ~ Death ~ }

The question then becomes whether there is any ability to attempt choice before birth and after death. There exists no evidence such capabilities exist.

Sure we have people who claim such. We also have any number of people that claim many outlandish experiences and again with no evidence for their claims.

The brain can do some amazing things ---see savants and idiot-savants mostly involving memory abilities--- and it can mislead a human into believing this or that which does not exist.

Humans are the most complex integrity of time, ---that we know of-- and we have the most access to meta{ beyond time }physical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

This ability, in-of-itself, allows humans to feel they are Gods eyes to ponder all that is possible and conceptualize themselves as God that exists outside of our finite, occupied space Universe/Uni-V-erse as if they were holding the whole Universe in their conceptual hands.

With these metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/conceptual abilities we discover the exist finite absolute principles/laws that complement the finite, occupied space Universe.

Some see this as, as above{ the line } so below{ the line }, and that is fine, as long as we want to use that ancient analogy of Earth or hell below and heaven/sky above.

In more modern abstract mathematical constructions of black hole we think of a curved line of the event horizon, where we see that what is inside the black hole is expressed on the curved event horizon.

Archimedes was the first person we know of to discover that teh area of four bisectional great circle planes of a cubo{6}-octa{8}hedron are equal the surface area of the sphere they define.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...00.html#455.01
..."455.02 The sum of the areas of the four great-circle discs elegantly equals the surface area of the sphere they define.

...The area of one circle is r2. The area of the surface of a sphere is 4r2.

...The area of the combined four folded great-circle planes is also 4r2 and all four great-circle planes go through the exact center of the sphere and, between them, contain no volume at all.".....

I.e. 4, 2D circular areas are equal to the surface are of a sphere, that has same radial length as the circular areas.

This is not true when the cubo{6}-octa{8}hedron is Euclidean{ not curved }. The surface outside surface area is less than the four planes.

When we conceptually spin the four planes and make them circular instead of hexagonal, we get the are equality.

We appear to be allowed some choice to spin.

Spin left-right, higher-lower, front-back, forward-reverse, inward-outward?

We appear to be allowed some choices to twist left-right, higher-lower, inward-outward etc.

Since we are on Earth, our consciousness is inherently in a spin relationship to rest of Universe from birth til death. The day and night sky is evidence of this spin.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 23-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
All fields are finite and have an associated shape/pattern.
The 'configurations' 'Fieldl' as constituted (note the past tense) at any given point 'in' space and time are indeed 'finite' in the sense in which you use the word. But, as the term 'Eternal Life' signifies, and as I have ex-plain-ed, such 'fields' are 'open-ended' and ever-evolving, and in that (very meaning-full IMO) sense are ininfinite.

'You' are confining your 'self. by the very act of embracing you present (finite!) perspective and belief system, IMO, r6.

That is clearly what you choose to do. As much as you can, enjoy the 'security'-blanket (No-Limits Infinity can be a very 'scary' concept!) 'prison'.