Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Using a neti pot to clear the nasal passages is an effective practice with some warnings.

Don't use ordinary sea salt or table salt as they contain minerals which can irritate the nasal passage.

Only use distilled or sterilised water. And if you boil the water to sterilise it then do make sure it has properly cooled down before use.

Unfortunately I find using a neti pot very uncomfortable so I rarely do it.

Peace

I've just had a look at the neti pot and info you mentioned. Like you say, it can cause other issues. I'll have a think about it. Thank you for your reply.
Old 19-01-2020, 07:02 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Using a neti pot to clear the nasal passages is an effective practice with some warnings.

Don't use ordinary sea salt or table salt as they contain minerals which can irritate the nasal passage.

Only use distilled or sterilised water. And if you boil the water to sterilise it then do make sure it has properly cooled down before use.

Unfortunately I find using a neti pot very uncomfortable so I rarely do it.

Peace
Good advice. There are at least a couple of deaths related to parasitic brain infections from people not properly using sterilized solutions in their neti pots.
If you use it to pour boiling hot water up your nose I think it technically becomes known as a nutty pot.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:19 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Hi, would you use water with salt in to do this maybe?

I do not endorse snorting salts. I just run some hot water and blow. Lol it sounds gross but a finger can also be quite effective. I'm not saying to do it as often as washing hands.. only when youve dealt with someone sick in the day. I havnt caught a sickness going around my work since doing this.
Old 21-01-2020, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
I do not endorse snorting salts. I just run some hot water and blow. Lol it sounds gross but a finger can also be quite effective. I'm not saying to do it as often as washing hands.. only when youve dealt with someone sick in the day. I havnt caught a sickness going around my work since doing this.

Run some hot water, no nutty pot use I take it

The thing is, when I start with a cold, the first thing I notice is a strange feeling in my throat. I suppose it's too late to reverse things then. Maybe like you say, if I've been near someone sick, as a precaution, a nightly nose swill is advisable. Thanks for your reply.
Old 21-01-2020, 12:05 PM
Deactivated Account
I haven't gotten a flu or illness for most of my life while most people around me seem to get sick every now and then. However, I'm not going to push my luckā€¦ I very much doubt that it's the work of guardian angels or anything spiritual. The fact is that some people just have a more effective antibody than others, and it doesn't really matter if you're spiritual or not.
Old 21-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I haven't gotten a flu or illness for most of my life while most people around me seem to get sick every now and then. However, I'm not going to push my luck… I very much doubt that it's the work of guardian angels or anything spiritual. The fact is that some people just have a more effective antibody than others, and it doesn't really matter if you're spiritual or not.

I must say, I've been lucky myself too. I've had colds and what seemed like flu once. So I can't complain. Oh and what seemed like food poisoning once.

Have you seen the film Unbreakable with Bruce Willis? Well, his character is like you, never been ill. Illness can consume a life, so your life is obviously for other things to concentrate on. Maybe some superhero type work like in the film
Old 21-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I must say, I've been lucky myself too. I've had colds and what seemed like flu once. So I can't complain. Oh and what seemed like food poisoning once.

Have you seen the film Unbreakable with Bruce Willis? Well, his character is like you, never been ill. Illness can consume a life, so your life is obviously for other things to concentrate on. Maybe some superhero type work like in the film

Nah, such base heroism like in the movie is beneath me. I'd do much greater deeds such as getting rid of the left and political correct elites that ruin our country, starting with our idiot prime minister.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Nah, such base heroism like in the movie is beneath me. I'd do much greater deeds such as getting rid of the left and political correct elites that ruin our country, starting with our idiot prime minister.

Now you're talking! I'll have to look your prime minister up, surely can't be as bad as the British one!
Old 22-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Now you're talking! I'll have to look your prime minister up, surely can't be as bad as the British one!

Mark Rutte. I like this, whether he would have done the same if the camera wasn't on him is another thing I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hfaLSa75U

Edit, there was a cut in the filming, once to get the mop, then again to get the cleaners lined up

Last edited by JosephineB : 22-01-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old 22-01-2020, 12:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Mark Rutte. I like this, whether he would have done the same if the camera wasn't on him is another thing I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hfaLSa75U

Edit, there was a cut in the filming, once to get the mop, then again to get the cleaners lined up

Thanks. Watching that moron mess up was just the therapy I needed.

On top of that, don't let his ''kind demeanour'' fool you. He's as evil and corrupt a politician can get and he cares nothing about his own people living in poverty because of his doing. One of the few genuine Dutch politicians which I actually respect is Geert Wilders.