Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 15-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
In the provinces of Bactria during the time of Alexander (Iskander), there wasn't much difference between the Zoroastrians, the Sufis and the Hindu mystics of the Indus Kush regions...just small tribal differences but same God.
The Sufis did not exist during Alexander the Great's time period. That came about 1 millennium later.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Sufis did not exist during Alexander the Great's time period. That came about 1 millennium later.
So much for me getting my info from a BBC travelogue presented by Michael Wood. LOL

I should just stick to Hinduism eh?
Old 16-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
So much for me getting my info from a BBC travelogue presented by Michael Wood. LOL

I should just stick to Hinduism eh?

Hello Shivvy BBC, no! Googles your best bet eh!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
In Sanskrit Om means GOD. So worship me as God. OK ?
I thought is a sacred symbol of Brahman and is generally used before a mantra and reflects the Ātman.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Master
Islam is not Allah, and the Quran is also not Allah.
When the quran begins it says.
In the name of Allah the ever infinitely expanding in scope and depth of infinite mercy.

That is the highest love that a human can possibly comprehend, said in such a way for a human to understand. The absolute most highest, and also ever accelerating exponentially higher mercy also most deepest and most intense of mercy and and on and on and on it goes forever and ever. Infinite and eternal.

But Allah is not a physical condition. You cannot see, taste or touch or smell or hear Allah. It is beyond this universe. Even prior to this universe. It is non-physical, unconditional, consciousness, infinite, eternal, source, Source. SOURCE. of physical reality. And universe.

Human being is not the Source. Just like a tree did not create the earth and the earth did not create the sun, and the sun did not create the big bang, and so... Allah is what ties them all together.

But Allah is not a religion. Allah is the Source of humans. And humans created religion. So if you are gonna fight over religion, then Allah is not fighting with you. Because Allah is infinitely merciful. So you may fight, and Allah still loves you and helps you. Always. Allah helps everyone. But sometimes you cannot see, because you are not looking. And that is ok because we are humans. We come from Allah and we will return to Allah. But Allah is aways here for us. You can feel it in your heart. That is the light of the love of your soul, and the life force that gives you live, it is what moves you and inspires you to feel good when you want to do a good deed. That joy is a translation of your body, of God's mercy. When you want to express your true self. Your full nature. In full alignment with Allah.

But sometimes your joy is not recognized by others. For example, Jesus was killed because he loves everyone. And they didn't enjoy seeing that, because it made them look bad. Just like when only one child gets good grades in school, they bully him. Jealousy. So how can we move forward from jealousy? Well, all jealous people go to war. And then they will never be jealous ever again. It is not a punishment. But a mercy. Only when you misunderstand the mercy, do you call it a punishment. If you say God hates you, then you have made God angry. And thus you have made the source of the entire universe an angry source. So what happens? Your entire universe is now Angry at you. So don't say that God is angry, or you will be punishing yourself. And you can feel the pain in your heart if you say God is angry. But Allah cannot ever punish you. Allah is the most high. Helps everyone and all. At all times. Loves everyone and all, at all times. Unconditionally, infinitely and eternally.

And quran is not Allah and Islam is not Allah. Only Allah is Allah. And Quran is just guidance to help you understand Allah. And learn about Allah. And so to let go of misunderstanding. And correct our self contradiction. And just the joyful movement forwards, to the never ending calling of Allah, that calls all of the universe forward evermore. We are going! And you can choose to go willingly, or not. You can choose to enjoy life or not. And if you choose to be angry at Allah, then, Allah still loves you. No matter what you do. You cannot harm Allah. And Allah is the bringer of Good for everyone. So enjoy life if you will.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Master
Very beautifully written.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I thought is a sacred symbol of Brahman and is generally used before a mantra and reflects the Ātman.
Nope, I never learned that, so looked it up to be sure ...means Om or Aum in Sanskrit.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-03-2020, 04:54 AM
Master
Delete. (duplication)

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 10-03-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I am going to do something interesting here...find the "commonality" between the God of the Jews, the God of Islam and the Hindu (Shaivite) notion of God..

What seems to be the common denominator here? The Nazarite Vow!

So, I embrace the only Abrahamic Religion I have any interest in...the Rastafarian Movement.

Rasta (Jah) can be both a loving, benevolent creature or the Demiurge itself according to Divine Will...Jah is notable for His long dreadlocks, scruffy appearance and love of the "sacrement" ;) it sounds like a certain Hindu Deity that I know and love so well.

Shiva is associated with the crescent moon, having long dreadlocks, giving the herb to man and saying "I am that I am".

In my view, there is no difference or distinction between Shiva and Allah...they both have so much in common NOT to be one-in-the-same thing...it is only the way they are approached and worshiped which is different.

In the provinces of Bactria during the time of Alexander (Iskander), there wasn't much difference between the Zoroastrians, the Sufis and the Hindu mystics of the Indus Kush regions...just small tribal differences but same God.
Wasn't story of Abraham referring back to the Source of all Gods.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 10-03-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

God is an English word and Allah is an Arabic word but both have save meanings.