Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 24-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thanks for this great story necro, no wonder you are a Shaivite.
You are very welcome. Yes, it was almost destined to be this way...in a way.

I have had these experiences of Shiva all my life, up to the point of about 20 years ago, when I became disillusioned with mainstream Hinduism and the corruption of the old ways...and so I left it...forgot about it for 15 years.

Then 5 years ago, one day in December, I was looking up something about Heavy Metal music, on Youtube, when there was a 'recommendation for you'...it was a hymn to Bhairava Shiva called "Kalabhairavastakam"...now, I wasn't or had not been looking up anything Hindu related at all...I hadn't for years and I had used youtube a lot since then.

I thought I knew all of the Ashtakams and Shatakams by Shankaracharya...word perfect in fact...but this one, I had not heard before.

So I played it out of curiosity and it was the most sublime hymn I had ever heard! In my life!

Then I wondered why Shiva was showing me this and I got the message to 'check date significance'...it was December 12...it was Kalashtami - appearance day of Shiva Bhairava.

I was shocked! what a coincidence! what significance!

Yeah, so I understood Shiva was behind this...after so long, contact was made again...and He didn't disappoint. I heard that voice again; "I am still here waiting my love, tell me what you'd like me to do?"

I said "stop playing games! stop being the disembodied voice or the aloof snake-guy...show me your cosmic, Bhairava form".

It was like "okay then, whatever you wish" after which I became fully engulfed in light...falling to the floor and babbling like a baby....then everything became dark and I saw this huge abyss...I slipped into Shiva bliss again, but only for a brief moment" after that I heard the words "you may have left Hinduism, but I never left you".

I got straight back into fully worshiping Shiva after that.
Old 24-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
You are very welcome. Yes, it was almost destined to be this way...in a way.

I have had these experiences of Shiva all my life, up to the point of about 20 years ago, when I became disillusioned with mainstream Hinduism and the corruption of the old ways...and so I left it...forgot about it for 15 years.

Then 5 years ago, one day in December, I was looking up something about Heavy Metal music, on Youtube, when there was a 'recommendation for you'...it was a hymn to Bhairava Shiva called "Kalabhairavastakam"...now, I wasn't or had not been looking up anything Hindu related at all...I hadn't for years and I had used youtube a lot since then.

I thought I knew all of the Ashtakams and Shatakams by Shankaracharya...word perfect in fact...but this one, I had not heard before.

So I played it out of curiosity and it was the most sublime hymn I had ever heard! In my life!

Then I wondered why Shiva was showing me this and I got the message to 'check date significance'...it was December 12...it was Kalashtami - appearance day of Shiva Bhairava.

I was shocked! what a coincidence! what significance!

Yeah, so I understood Shiva was behind this...after so long, contact was made again...and He didn't disappoint. I heard that voice again; "I am still here waiting my love, tell me what you'd like me to do?"

I said "stop playing games! stop being the disembodied voice or the aloof snake-guy...show me your cosmic, Bhairava form".

It was like "okay then, whatever you wish" after which I became fully engulfed in light...falling to the floor and babbling like a baby....then everything became dark and I saw this huge abyss...I slipped into Shiva bliss again, but only for a brief moment" after that I heard the words "you may have left Hinduism, but I never left you".

I got straight back into fully worshiping Shiva after that.

I enjoyed reading both of your stories too, and how you came to reconnect with Shiva. I guess the Dance of Shiva was going on, or the song of the Lord was being played as it always is and it is we who choose to disconnect or connect in a sense. I am making a specific effort right now to connect to God and it's good but challenging, I had a realisation recently that I was kinda stuck half way up a mountain in a sense, and i needed to do some more things. Of course the vib of the day it seems is you don't need to do anything as you already are That, an attitude which alot of people are addicted to right now, and it is the subtlest form of Maya there is. Thanks for sharing.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 24-05-2017, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I enjoyed reading both of your stories too, and how you came to reconnect with Shiva. I guess the Dance of Shiva was going on, or the song of the Lord was being played as it always is and it is we who choose to disconnect or connect in a sense. I am making a specific effort right now to connect to God and it's good but challenging, I had a realisation recently that I was kinda stuck half way up a mountain in a sense, and i needed to do some more things. Of course the vib of the day it seems is you don't need to do anything as you already are That, an attitude which alot of people are addicted to right now, and it is the subtlest form of Maya there is. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks...and what you said about that is true.