Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-11-2012, 01:18 PM
adriana

Any tips to get me started?

Hi,

I would like to try changing my diet to a vegetarian one, including some milk and a few eggs to begin with. Does anyone has any tips or suggested reads to get started?

Namaste.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Aquarian

Do it gradually.

It took me a while to get the hang of vegetarian cookery. Start off by picking a vegetable that you like and building a dish around it.

One of my favourite dishes is devilled eggs:
Cut a bit of decent bread, spread oil and cumin seeds on side then fry.
Remove then quickly fry an egg. Make sure the yolk is still runny. Doesn't matter if the white is a bit runny either.
Put egg on bread. Cover with mayonnaise mixed with a small dab of cayenne pepper. Microwave for about 10s to warm up the mayo.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:49 AM
primrose

I personally don't like to use microwave ovens. I do have one, my husband uses. Otherwise I agree, pick something you like, also you can add anything to rice,and or beans.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM
primrose

Me again, I forgot to mention pasta.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Ecthalion

The way I started was to replace the meat in meals with Quorn or Soya substitutes. Over time, as I became more used to a vegetarian diet I began to get more experimental. Vegetarian cookbooks are a great help. Vegetables are a lot cheaper than meat too.

Peace and love to all.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Ecthalion

The way I start
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Master
Whatever you do don't become a fanatic, just enjoy what you yourself feel best to eat, a little bit of fish here and there, or a couple of eggs, this way you will never be short of B12, which a lot of Vegas seem to miss out on.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Niebla0007

Vegetarian Diet

Just store a lot fruits,too
& master the art of making salads-
you'll see you'll never be bored with this.
Don't forget to include some happy foods like mushrooms
& cream.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
adriana

Thank you for all the replies! I feel overwhelmed cause I've never done this before. I never thought I would either. It is something that came to me after practicing yoga for a while, it like a need that comes from within me and I just want to make sure I do it right so I don't cause any vitamins depletion.

Do you have any suggestions for vegetarian cookbooks?

Namaste.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Master
I think if you goggle vegetarian recipes you will find thousands of great ideas to get you started, yummy yum yum.