Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 10-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Limes

Things 'n Stuff

Sorry... don't know what to call this thread.

It is specifically addressed to a group of friends that I haven't met yet, who, along with myself are studying the words, the teachings, of a group of folks that might as well be called 'guides', for lack of a better term.

And I listen to these friends as they present, and I can feel into realms of question, realms of confusion, realms of fear, and I got that if I share how my person is managing this, it might help, as it appears that there are a couple of obstructions in the information deliver pipeline, as I perceive things.

Before I go further I want to make it explicitly clear that I am not of the guides, nor do I claim to represent their teachings or their work, only my understanding of the their teachings and their work and some other stuff too.

Now, in my perception, only two of the guides have ever been human (not counting Paul) and it's been a while, and so their perception of being human is pretty thin, and it is from the outside, not the inside, so to speak. I get that it is a bit of a puzzle at times for them how to hold humans in communication, and I can certainly understand that, as humans tend to be remarkably quirky, and the quirkinesses come in endless shapes and sizes. The other obstruction that I perceive is Paul's world view. For someone who lives at the center of the world, it is remarkably provincial and restricted. I actually have a harder time making use of the webinars than I do the printed texts, because watching, I of course, attempt to reach into, reach through, really, Paul, trying to get the information that is coming through NVC (non-verbal communication, a term coined by Bob Monroe). And for me it is like trying to reach through a chamber that is terribly constricted by a super-firm political correctness, and several other 'do not touch' issues and processes.

Now the guides teach that where the student says 'yes', they are there working with him or her. And this is my experience as well, and frankly, I would drop it instantly if my experience didn't confirm this, because elsewise it seems extremely whacky in more than one way. But in practical experience it seems that they are working with me, and I trust that they are working with each of you directly as well, and that you have your awareness of this in your own way. And I want to stress here that there is nothing special about me, I have no special grace that you do not have.

I will end this post here and continue on in the next so that they are not too long.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Limes

Continuing

It would take a while to tell the story the story of how this came to be, but I do not primarily identify as human. If lives could have names, the name of all my lives as human, at least that I am aware of, would be the song "On The Border" by the Eagles, and you can listen to it if you like on youtube, with the lyrics on the screen, with the understanding that the phrase 'law and order' refers to the whole repressive wad of human mores and culture.

All of my lives with human, half of me has been outside looking in, and the other half, outside looking out. But incarnating as human presently puts me in a position where I might be of some assistance in the metabolizing of information and ideas.

Now the first thing I will bring to the table is the idea that the mind is essentially a system which builds models that shape sensations into perceptions and thoughts and ideas and assigns names to things and categories. It is crucially important to understand that without some sort of model, you would never be able to condense the world into any sort of meaningful assemblage what so ever.

So there are all sorts of models big and small out there. 'Hinduism is a model about how to look at the whole picture, for example, while 'Bicycle' is name of a model that is your assemblage of all the things that you have experienced related to a mode of transportation. And the whole of your experience of which you are conscious has a place in your model, through your model, otherwise you could not perceive it.

Now, when we pick up, assemble a model, and the apply the function "Truth" to it (When we say "Hey! This is really true!!!"), what we are doing is calling it into being. And when you call a model into being, it fairly quickly shapes not only your perception, but the reality in which you proceed.

So, in as literal sense as possible, you create your own reality.

Once created, are you stuck with it? Not at all. You begin to call it out of being with a two step process, the first being to call a fresh possibility to you, and then turning at the old one and saying of it, "Say! ...maybe this is not so true after all", and you look at the cracks in it and let them expand and pretty quickly it falls apart. (Which is why you want to have your fresh assemblage starting to operate first, else you can get caught up in dysfunctional meaninglessness).
Old 10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Limes

Now the big problem for humans, is that we tend to forget that our models are 'just' belief systems ... arbitrary constructs that are, fundamentally, a style-choice about how we wish to engage with incarnation, with experience. We get utterly hypnotized by our creations, and from many a non-human perspective, we look like perversely insane maniacs.

It can take a while to really get this: Everything before you you call into your being, saying "But this is really really true!" ... but it is only your truth that you have chosen to exist.

Everything, right down to the atoms of sensation, is a composition, including time, space, gravity, and all the rest of it. 2 PM local time does not exist, you just go into agreement that it does, and the same is true for the distance to Madge's house, Madge's house, and even Madge.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Limes

So you are trying to get a grasp of this and it is really hard, because, where can you get some leverage, how can you get enough space between you and the thing that entraps you so cagily? And the answer to that is to develop several different non-congruent belief systems, and the freedom of that is, when one entraps you in a situation where it seems like there is no solution to get to the next 'place', you switch it out for another more suited to your desired vector.

By way of example, I will share a personal tale. They tried to raise me catholic in this life, and I would have none of it, and by the time I was an adult, anyone that came near me with any sort Christian ideology would be met with the interactional equivalent of bug spray. But come middle age, it came to me that a friend was having a very hard time selling his deceased mother's house. And on someone's advice, he bought a little statue of a catholic saint, and the deal was, that you say a little prayer to the saint, and bury it on the property, and the saint would help you sell the house. But my friend could not bring himself to do it. Would I? Well at this time I was somewhat a guardian of this friend's life vector, and not terribly attached to my own notions, and while I was a bit squeamish about it, I said I would, and then did. Within 48 hours, a woman shows up and she's in love with the place, so in love she doesn't even quibble for the price. This really happened, and it happened again when after several months of trying to sell his own house upon retirement, I did the little prayer with the little statue again and boom! Someone shows up and wants to buy the place, though in that case there were a couple of counter offers.

So: twice is a pattern, and I conclude (still tentatively) that "Hey! This thing really works! This thing is true!"

Now, the interesting thing to note here, is that this was not my belief. Who would believe such a silly thing? When I said the words of the prayer, it was in a spirit that was mechanical, and with some rolling of the eyes.

Someone else's belief system, however was so strong as to create it, and then make it available to others. So, there's lots to think about there.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Limes

And now where we can go with this is that while we create reality individually, we also do so collectively, with every other person, being, or group of these, that you go into agreement with. So we have things that we create together like automobiles and TV shows and together we assemble a reality which forms the stage on which we interact, but we each are proceeding through our own private reality.

Now it turns out that some realities are 'more real' than others, and this is true for at least two reasons. One is the number of beings that 'subscribe' to it; The more subscribers the more 'substantial' and 'solid' it becomes. And the other reason that I am aware of is the intensity of the faith and clarity of the subscriber.

And so in my modeling of things (and yes, all this is 'just' a model) the being that charged the idea of the little statue and the prayer brought some serious spiritual muscle to the table, because reshaping stuff as dense as the human earthly realm takes some doing.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Limes

Now if you want to get a clearer idea of how all this comes together as humans and others interact with their realities, Natalie Sudman, in her book "The Application of Impossible Things" says it as clearly as I can imagine. And it is not an easy concept to wrap your modeling system around. It is so difficult with the usual mindset that, as she told me when i asked her about it, none of the people that have interviewed her about book (which features one hell of a near death experience) have ever asked her about the title chapter!

But now we come to the central reason of why I write and why I presume to share:

Many are wondering, more at an unconscious level, "Is all this new teaching that I am wary of investing in, is it all 'just' another belief system?"

And here is my answer: "Yes. But it is a very powerfully endowed belief system."

And when I use the term 'just' in regard to belief systems, the meaning that is attached to it is that it is not central, not core, not necessary, as in a course of study at college, some things are required and some are electives, and this teaching is elected. It may or may not be ultimately something that all must consume, my vision does not reach that far.

So having this heretical-ish approach, I attempted to query the guides in the form of "would it be received as disrespectful to both enjoin with this belief system and yet also hold in reserve that it is optional, a style choice, and that I wish to be able to switch out to other belief systems as may accommodate?" and what came back was "Of course, you may do what you like! You are free!"

And so that is what I was wanting to share with you, it is another belief system, and it is something that you may choose, but you do not have to feel trapped by it.

Now for my being, I regard this teaching that we are sharing in as like having won a lottery the magnitude of the prize of which is beyond all conception, and I had never even known I had a ticket. What a blazing chunk of "Dig it! Dig it! DIG IT!" has come my way! And I can jump on this horse and ride like hell, all the while knowing that I am free.

But I am also free to remember that ALL belief systems have their limits, and while I should be loathe to so estimate, I sense that the guides as well have their limits and their biases (or at least some of them) and I don't know that they consciously are aware of them or choose them.

But a little reflection on belief systems suggest that that must be true: Any model of reality is as a map, we can see that. And the deal with all maps is that they leave out almost all the data that is there. I can have a map of my community, and maybe this map will reveal roads, public buildings. Or it might feature utility distributions. Or it might feature dating hotspots, or gambling places, or crime rates, or bird populations or species of plants ... so now you get the idea that no map is ever anything like close to complete, and we choose, hopefully, the best map we can find for the purpose at hand.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Limes

Now humans and most other creatures that sport/deploy maps, which are modeling systems, at whatever level, tend to confuse the map with the territory. They confuse their set of ideas with what the ideas are attempting to depict, and this is a narrow distinction from the position that we create the reality we hold before us. This is about our relationship to our modeling systems. It is a gummy business, and when we do this, we tend to be interacting more with our modeling system than with the experience that we are attempting to engage with.

Now at the center of this issue is when we go to model the self. They tend to be complex, tangled features with all sorts of distortions and bruises, but what happens is that we tend to mistake the model for the thing, and preserve it and look after it and defend it more than the thing itself! How 'Yikes!' is that?

Now if you have been following you can form a model of this and decide "Ooo. Yuck. I would like to be free of that." and in fact that is what the guides are attempting to assist us with, the removal of 'boulders' as they put it. And this work is blazingly effective in this, and warrants all sorts of praise just for this one feature.

But it can seem tough to do, a hard path, because what it feels like is the death of the self. It's not though, just a releasing of models of the self, and models of the sub-self, that are more of an obstruction than a facility. And I am lately getting that physical body problems as well may lift and surface and cause a temporary difficulty as well, but I am nt seeing, at the moment, the mechanism of this.

And this is one of the trickier model-entrapment issues to get some leverage under. Now, one method, again, is to assemble competing models, but here, Wording is far more effective for much of it.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Limes

Now, this 'Wording' business. My modeling system can go quite a ways, but even I found myself asking "What the hell are they talking about?" and was consequently given, or composed, an image. This is JUST an image, please, just a model:

We can model all of creation, one way to do it, is to broadly divide it into two general realms: The formless realms and the realms of form. If you will imagine rising above the physical plane, the astral and so on and on eventually one gets so high up that one is at the border between the two realms. Now above this border, which I conceive of as like the surface of an ocean, there is light and there is sound and there is love and joy and 'spirit', but it has no form. I conceive the wave-y surface as being driven by currents of intent which condense out of the formless realm, driving streamers of light and currents of sound and music across the surface and when these get pronounced enough, they wrap up into form, the Words, cascading around at that altitude.

So when I say "I am Word!", this is the thing that I am claiming to be. When I claim "I am Word through the one I see before me" I imagine that the exact physical space-shape that that person's body occupies is suddenly emptied of that person, and instead I see the currents of word tracing across the borderlands, and it becomes really obvious, or better to say, easily modelable that that person and I are made of the same stuff. See?

So that is the way that I am working it and there are lots of others, likely some better than mine, and I look forward to receiving them.

And now for some of us though, the experience is "I say the words, but it doesn't seem like anything is happening." Now part of this is plugging into the Guides' reality construct, and part of this is you in creation. Remember, you create the reality that you call to.

And when it comes to creation, it helps to have with us an old African saying, it comes from Kenya, if I remember rightly but maybe not, but the saying is:

"The path is made by walking on it." and it might be said that that is the way of creation, and that also an entry to Wording.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Limes

And now, to address this creation business.

The Guides say that you are free and that the limits to creation are the ones that you choose. They mean this literally.

A number of us take this as far as "Well, if I am nice to the cranky old neighbor across the street, maybe she will warm up a little.", and while this is certainly a valid application, we are not even scratching the surface.

If you go and do a search on the BBC website, and I am not sure what terms you would use, but I know that the story was there, you will find a report about some swami this or that that claims to never eat, but functions just fine, and so a team of medical professionals observed him for a few weeks, 24/7 and I recall that it was filmed as well, and as it turns out he really doesn't eat. They apparently just shook their heads and went on to the next thing.

So here is a fellow that, (viewing it through the model presented here), assembled a model, called into creation a model that holds "If I do this with this chakra, or that with that chakra, or say such and such words, I will still have everything I need." And it may not have worked at first, but as he called it to him it acquired more reality than the model that says "You need to eat or you will die.

And you have swamis that sit naked on ice all day, and ones that start at the sun all day, and the ones that have themselves buried for months on end, and if I am picking it up correctly, the Guides would say "Yes... that is beginning to scratch the surface.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Limes

And the next thing to be said about this creation business, about dancing with your experience stream in real time, as something you are creating in the moment, is a bit like riding a bicycle. You can write a zillion words about it, but the only way to learn it is by doing it.

And as I came to that understanding, of course, I piped up "Um... you guys know where a fellow might pick up some training wheels?" And the answer that came was "Practice be-living, believing, little things that are fairly malleable at first. One suggested method was to take a picture of a person in a magazine and imagine that they were or are this or that or had done this or that and when you really get it, you see the image change before you. But you have to be careful about what you choose because you may inadvertently gift that person with that aspect, so keep things not too far from "I am word through the one I see before me". Skilled in this or that art or science, for example, or craft . "This woman has a secret life as a plumber! None of her close friends even know it!"

You can create luck in this manner. You can create relationships in this manner. You can create a talent in this manner. People create wealth in this manner, and occasionally you read of someone who has amassed and lost several fortunes, or simply stays wealthy no matter what happens. You probably won't be able to do much that is not in line with what the higher self has for objectives in this incarnation, but there is still lots of latitude.

... and disassembling in creation as well....

Some years ago, I was walking down a mountain, fairly steep. And at that time, I don't even know if I really believed in guides and supposed that it was my own impish mind that was playing with me. But maybe it was guides, and if so, maybe just my personal ones, and I make no claim in that regard, I really don't know where the hell it came from, but it went something like this:

V: Want to have some fun working with perception?

And I was a little wary at first, but said what the hell we'll give it a go and so

V: Gravity and geography may not be as you suppose they are. Really, the surface of the earth is completely flat, and the pull you feel of gravity is actually clumpy beneath the surface. The reason you are not at right angle to the surface is that there is more gravity on the one side than the other.

and I am trying to process this and I say "but I can see the angle that the mountain makes with the flat part..." and the voice comes back with:

"Well, the gravity stuff bend the light as well..."

and there were a couple more interchanges (it's been several years) and suddenly, at a perceptual level, the world started doing a very weird shift, and I almost lost my balance. I quickly jumped out of the experiment, it is almost maximally unsettling, not quite frightening, but kazoinko enough to where I still have not attempted to re-engage it.

I mean... I feel like I really NEED my current relationship to my model of gravity. So you can begin to see just how far all this can take you. And you can begin to see how this doing can leave you 'breathless' (this is not the right word... not sure atm what is) at times.

You can create, and you can choose to go out of alignment, in real time.