Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Master
Olivine/ Pink Feldspar combination?

Hi.

I found a small stone when out at the local park. I found it near the old railroad tracks.

It looks green, and pink. My dad googled a bit about it to see if we could figure it out. He seems to think the pink of it is pink feldspar, as there bits of white feldspar visible in the stone. He also seems to think the green bit could be olivine.

I was wondering what you guys think? Could the green be olivine? I am going to try and post photos to see if it helps.

This is one side of the stone, with most of the green visible, as well as the white feldspar there inside.

This is the other side, with the pink, and some more of the green which looks different, almost embedded more so into the stone.

Does anyone know anything of olivines metaphysical or spiritual properties. I would be interested if this is olivine.

Thank you all for reading.

Blessings.
Old 21-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Master
I am also wondering here if it could be unakite? It makes sense, as there is an area around Virginia that unakite was found, and this stone I have here was found by the railroad tracks- old tracks.

I also looked up the make up and everything of unakite and it does contain types of feldspar as well as quartz and this particular stone I had found, I can see the quartz within it as well.

https://mycrystalpedia.wordpress.com/u/unakite/

That is supposed to be a link, on some metaphysical properties of unakite.

I believe that actually may just be what I have here, as opposed to olivine....
Old 24-05-2018, 02:09 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am wondering if its raw jasper the pink and the green and the texture of the rock do seem to line up.

Lynn
Old 24-05-2018, 02:31 AM
Master
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unakite

That is the wikipedia on the stone.

It is often referred to as a jasper, but actually is a form of granite as stated by the wiki there.

Meaning spiritualists or those interested in metaphysical aspects of stones- which many of us here are as well- call it unakite Jasper but as far as I know it is actually a granite.

Being a granite it is considered a semi-precious stone as high quality of the stone is used well enough in jewelry. As it makes good jewelry pieces it is considered a semi precious stone.

As well it was first discovered not in Virginia but some has been found there, it was actually first discovered in North Carolina but has been found elsewhere.

It in the past has been carried by glacial drifts, and I think is the reason it was found here in my area in Maine.

Now while it is not itself considered a Jasper, it has a darker colored version of the stone that some believe to have Red Jasper inclusions within it, meaning if the stone is real- I mean if purchased online- the darker the pink in the stone tends to have Red Jasper inclusions, while the lighter pink with green stones, like the one I found, have a pink feldspar and epidote combination.

Therefore while no it is not technically a Jasper- Red Jasper can be found in the darker shades of pink of the stone.

Darker shades then contain Jasper- while the lighter shades are the Pink feldspar- orthoclase, epidote and quartz mix.

Many do label both versions I believe under the name Unakite Jasper.

If there is a pink and green colored Jasper though out there you know of please let me know if you can.

While I believe this to be Unakite due to the inclusions of the Quartz, if there is a pink and green type Jasper I'd still find information on it interesting.

I do not believe this specimen to be an olivine feldspar mix as originally thought by my father after I researched pink and green feldspar myself, and found the information on the Unakite stone. The quartz being present for me was what gave it away for me.

Alright I will stop here, haha, before I write a novel.