Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 22-03-2012, 02:38 AM
dmhorn

Having a near death experience myself, I can tell you there are many others like me who share the same themes that thread around our NDE's. I have encountered countless NDE's describe being endowed with metaphysical abilities and a sensitivity to the esoteric. There is definitely more research needed, so many questions to be answered!
Old 25-12-2012, 02:45 AM
happiness

I like to try to stay in the question but that's not always easy. If I experience a NDE I will go off my experience alone because it will be true to me. Morpheus I had to learn the verse in private school and it stuck with me. Its a good outline to follow. I posted the other day about my Grandfathers NDE which I've always liked hearing about.
Old 25-12-2012, 06:14 AM
.the-i.d.o-man-that's-me

Death is at the door with the mere mention of the word...

Speak the word " DEATH " and then Question it, it will answer your question's and fullfill your quriousity.

Use the word to call upon thing's such as " LIFE & DEATH " GOD & ANGEL'S/ARK " etc...they are present with the mere word.
Old 26-12-2012, 06:58 AM
happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by .the-i.d.o-man-that's-me
Death is at the door with the mere mention of the word...

Speak the word " DEATH " and then Question it, it will answer your question's and fullfill your quriousity.

Use the word to call upon thing's such as " LIFE & DEATH " GOD & ANGEL'S/ARK " etc...they are present with the mere word.
I like and agree with that
Old 26-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have to feel that from our first breath we take in when we are born we so start down that path to taking in our last breath out in what we see as death. I personally do not see a death more a transformation from the physical form to the pure energy form we truly are .

Death XXVII

Then Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
And he said:
You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honor.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
Khalil Gibran
Old 29-12-2012, 08:50 AM
goldie08

There's the interesting NDE and OBE of Anita Moorjani - just type her name in youtube search window - where she describes having a greater knowledge, more expanded vision of the world beyond our limited understanding. Her case is certainly not the only one!

What I've always found fascinating was the description of the afterlife given in the book "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda, in Chapter 43, in which his spiritual teacher has made the transition and returns to describe it to his student:

http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chap43.php
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Terryj

When I had my "death" experience in 2001 I really didn't know what to make of it. The reason I say "death" experience is when the paramedics arrived the found me not breathing or a heart beat. I was revived in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. When I awakened in the hospital I knew I had experienced something, I just chalked it up to the brain starving for oxygen. It was the experiences afterward that changed my mindset on the afterlife. As I lay on the hospital bed in ICU my Dad visited me and told me that everything will be fine, my Dad had died in 1979. I chalked this up to the medication I was on. You see being an atheist I had to justify my experiences no matter how unexplainable they were. In 2003 is where thing really start getting strange, my brother paid me a visit, my brother and I are 2/3rds of a set of triplets, however, my brother died in 1985. My brother continued these visits until 2007 and we enjoyed many conversations. We talked about my experience when I had my heart attack 2001, we talked about my Mother who died in 1998 and my older sister who had just died a year ago 2006. We cover a number of topics, then in July of 2007 he told me that he would not be visiting anymore because he had decided to return, that was the last time I saw him.
Do I believe in an afterlife, NO! Why, because I know there is an afterlife or spiritual realm, whatever you choose to call it and no one is left out of it.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
Terryj, your post is so interesting.
I used to be really skeptical too. Even though I'd had out-of-body experiences, they had been too limited to show me life continues after "death" (so-called)
Now, because of further experiences which have shown me, I can't believe in Life after death, because belief isn't needed any more. I know.
Old 15-08-2013, 01:21 AM
paradigm13

- Some of the time there is an out out of body experience floating over watching yourself below..

- Very often there is no attachment to the body or even the goings on of life. You feel very neutral about your previous life. Though that afterlife feels more real than life and commonly referred to as "home"

- There is many times a void or darkness people enter, sometimes it's scary for some others find it very comforting.

- A reuniting with deceased friends and relatives, or other spiritual family.

- A strong sense of love that can't be comprehended on a earthly level.

- Often a life review in which you judge or watch yourself and feel all the effects you had on each person in life.

- Then usually comes to the end where you are either sent back or decide to come back....farther than that we don't know because those people are still over there :)
Old 19-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Youngestgrasshopper11

I had an experience when I was really little, like maybe 5. I drowned in a pool and all I remember is floating above my body. I've heard a similar story of my grandma who died for a second, she floated above her body.
So I think it may be different and similar for every one.