Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
capricorn

Wink Trance psychic channeling in sign language

Did anyone ever experience trance psychic channeling in sign language without any prior knowledge of sign language? I am just curious because I am deaf.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM
LadyB.

That's a really good question, Capricorn. I will be interested to read the replies. I am not aware of any myself, however I have heard mediums who have gone into trance and spoken foreign languages previously unknown to them. So one would presume it is possible to sign also.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Knower

Mmm cool question cos im HOH and sign! During a meditation once I made a tentative connection (not channelling) and felt someone sign but couldnt hold it, think I got a girl's name.

Cant add anything reckon Lady B has covered it :)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
mac

When Silver Birch began working with his medium Maurice Barbanell - a long lasting relationship - he first had to learn the language in which he was communicating (English) and also how to find the words he needed in the mind/brain of his medium.

It would seem logical that a discarnate communicator without sign language ability would not be able to communicate through a medium who also was lacking signing ability....

I'm not familiar with signing but I'd guess it's fairly modern and only likely to be known to someone who had been alive fairly recently.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
MYFIGO

I agree with the others that it surely must be possible. However I have some other thoughts.

Sometimes when I have "heaven" visits, I experience hearing a word or two that I perfectly understand. But when I come back to my earthly world and try to tell someone about it, it takes me a whole paragraph to get the idea across. It's like another language and we don't have a comparable word for what I heard.

Also, so much of what I experience is telepathic, some in word form, the rest is simply understood. Don't let being deaf concern you. I've heard it said that words are a very poor substitute for real communication.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I agree with the others that it surely must be possible. However I have some other thoughts.

Sometimes when I have "heaven" visits, I experience hearing a word or two that I perfectly understand. But when I come back to my earthly world and try to tell someone about it, it takes me a whole paragraph to get the idea across. It's like another language and we don't have a comparable word for what I heard.

Also, so much of what I experience is telepathic, some in word form, the rest is simply understood. Don't let being deaf concern you. I've heard it said that words are a very poor substitute for real communication.

s'funny - I didn't read a single contribution that supports the assertion: "I agree with the others that it surely must be possible."

which others?
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn
Did anyone ever experience trance psychic channeling in sign language without any prior knowledge of sign language? I am just curious because I am deaf.

Hello

I have not had sign launage ( but I know some of it ) I have been told I make motions with me hands at times in trance state. Like I am opening door's or making a motion of clearing a path ext.

I have had MORSE CODE given to me. I did not understand at the time what I had written down and was actually going to trash it when me mate said that looks like Dots and Dashes. I had a message ! In Morse Code. From a WWII Russian Sub that went down just off Norway.

Lynn
Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Knower

Aww Capricorn!! Loving that pic you got!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:57 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn

Returning to the original question, it is about trance work and the conveying of information/messages by signing.

Signing is a rich language more than capable of clear expression when used by those experienced in its use.

I've heard no accounts of discarnates using such methods when communicating through trance. It would be extremely interesting to hear from anyone who has relevant knowledge of it happening....
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM
capricorn

There is nothing on the internet about trance psychic channeling in sign language. Does anyone know a psychic that knows sign language?

Thank you all for your replies!