Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 25-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Coming2

Thank goodness this has finally been addressed!! I have read many posts by younger people who have had visions or what they believe to be soul communication while tripping on acid or XTC...I am not OK with the assumptions taken from the posts that using any substance or ritual is OK but I am in no place to judge those peoples feelings especially if the experience turned then toward a more spiritual calling in life. One of the most profound experiences happened after a surgery when I was overloaded on pain medication, I was so ill and they thought I was going to bleed to death. Perhaps it was a near death experience but I was highly medicated at the time.

I have said this before too and I think it is very important when it comes to certain people on this site who claim to be Prophets, Guides and Incarnated Angels.Personally I think it is dangerous especially when I see so many people following every word they share as ultimate truth. Things that should be sought in prayer are being asked on this forum and these people have such a charismatic way about them that others are naturally drawn to them.For my own sanity I have blocked several members posts and replies because of my frustration. Anyone else have similar feelings or is it just me?? If it is not just me with these feelings then it might be a good idea for the mods to take a look around at some of those threads and get a feel for what it is that just doesnt jive.
Old 25-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Guthee

WOO! Long over due :)
Old 25-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Ladofthelight

I think it is pretty judgemental of people to assume that others are incapable of making their own decisions. Inherently I disagree with the idea of censorship, on any level.

BUT, there are "keepers" of this site, and you can choose to filter out whatever you wish. I believe in your right to choose.

Personally, I think if someone wants to gaze at the sun, take a psychedellic, or choose not to eat, they should be able to do as they wish. Who are you to say it is "bad" or "good"?

I have done all three, and realized that it did not necessarily "enhance" any experience that I have had otherwise. But, I would not have known that unless I gave it a shot.

Were I to discuss it with someone on a discussion forum, not this one... anymore, I would implore someone to look into it enough, and not to take anyone else's word for it. Yes, people are eager to "get away" or to "have an experience", but that is unique to the individual, and who are any of you to say otherwise?

I'll be curious to see how list of "can't talk abouts" grows for this forum.

It's too bad, really.

Now, if I want censorship, I will no longer need to tune into the mainstream frequency.
Old 25-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
I think it is pretty judgemental of people to assume that others are incapable of making their own decisions. Inherently I disagree with the idea of censorship, on any level.

BUT, there are "keepers" of this site, and you can choose to filter out whatever you wish. I believe in your right to choose.

Personally, I think if someone wants to gaze at the sun, take a psychedellic, or choose not to eat, they should be able to do as they wish. Who are you to say it is "bad" or "good"?

I have done all three, and realized that it did not necessarily "enhance" any experience that I have had otherwise. But, I would not have known that unless I gave it a shot.

Were I to discuss it with someone on a discussion forum, not this one... anymore, I would implore someone to look into it enough, and not to take anyone else's word for it. Yes, people are eager to "get away" or to "have an experience", but that is unique to the individual, and who are any of you to say otherwise?

I'll be curious to see how list of "can't talk abouts" grows for this forum.

It's too bad, really.

Now, if I want censorship, I will no longer need to tune into the mainstream frequency.

So when our younger members decide this is a great idea - to gaze at the sun or consume laundry detergent to fast track their spirituality, and do permanent damage to their eyes or poison themselves - believe me, SF is NOT going to take responsibility for that. Will you?

We are all ALL AGES SITE. Remember this. Not everyone who is a member posts and there is only a small section of the forum which is hidden for members only. Meaning, anyone with a computer can see it.

This is not censorship, this is a private house party and the host is telling you what he wants to see come in the door and what should stay outside. His house, his party, his rules.

You want to talk about these things - find another forum. Why is that so hard?

Old 25-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Mind's Eye

I agree with this post. I have read some books where the author suggests some pretty outlandish things to the readers. Someone could get hurt or worse doing some of the crazy things some gurus put out there. I think this is a good call on the part of SF.

And might I add; sun gazing????? What einstein cooked that idea up? Such a practice better give the practitioner some serious third eye sight.. because their physical eyes won't be working for too long if they engage in something like this.
Old 25-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Ladofthelight

The second line of my post said that "I believe in your right to choose", thus, I understand how it is a "private" party.

Thanks for clarifying in such a seemingly intense way.

As I mentioned, I would not advocate anyone do anything "bad" without truly looking into it for themselves.

And, age has nothing to do with it. Plenty of "adults" make "dumb" decisions all the time.

By asking me if I would take responsibility, you are infering that I go around telling people to drink detergent whilst staring at a high noon sun... Please don't make such assumptions.

Like I said, I understand the rationale, I just think it is too bad people can not speak truly "freely".

Your party, your rules. Hopefully my dissenting opinion will not get me blacklisted.

But, if it did, it would be a very poignant example of how not even a "spiritual" forum is safe from people who would like to censor ones thoughts and ideas.

Group psychology is seemingly prevalent in all aspects of "existence".
Old 25-01-2011, 07:20 PM
jondav

Gosh sun gazing,whats that?. sounds highly dangerous to sight to me
Old 26-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Time

Isnt there a disclaimer at the beginning of the rules and what not thats states to take discression to all information thats posted here????
Old 26-01-2011, 02:54 PM
elaine

Thank you Daisy for addressing this.

As adults, we are responsible for our own decissions...yes, and what we do to ourselves, but as responsible adults on a forum, and if we are spiritual people, we would then think before we either print to shock, or print anything that could be mis read, or used by a minor to cause harm. Children are our responsibility when they are allowed to mix with adults on a forum, so care is needed at all times.
Old 26-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Master
While I understand completely your stance, LadyoftheLight, it remains an imperfect world, in which misunderstandings and misinterpretations of what those ideas mean and how they are to be performed 'safely', which is likely to happen in a small percentage. I too had read about sungazing and even tried it myself and did it only at the 'no later than an hour' after sunrise and found it a good experience. But many who come upon this information, anyway, amongst the many will be some immature or foolish person with a giddy nature who will misread or misunderstand how it is to be done without harm.

It's worth a little censorship to know one hasn't contributed to someone going off half-c0cked and messing up their lives. Once again, I reiterate that I do understand your sentiment about censorship.

Closed Thread