Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Knower
How are you able to tell the difference between higher self and spirit guides?

I don't know the name of my spirit guide and wonder at times of it is my high self talking or my spirit guide. I do know that either way the communication come very quickly as though I don't even time to formulate the thought.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Lorelyen

Your Spirit Guide is there to guide you to a higher self, one way or another. Don't worry about the name.
Old 14-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Knower
I wonder how you differentiate between the two.
Old 14-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Master
Hi hernam .

I hear from time to time that guides are really reflections of self . I would agree with that but when one converses with a guide that has knowledge and wisdom outside of one's current awareness and can manifest in many ways and forms then it does not feel as if it is self, be it the higher self or whatever word suits .

Something also to bare in mind I would say is that when a guide is speaking to 'us' are they thinking that they are conversing with their higher selves ..

I would say not ...

There is something about the spirit realm or higher realms that gives the impression that there is a higher this or that present more so than what is present here and now ..

Why would one's higher self be anywhere else but present??

I am not one to divide self in to too many parcels .

x daz x
Old 14-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi hernam .

I hear from time to time that guides are really reflections of self . I would agree with that but when one converses with a guide that has knowledge and wisdom outside of one's current awareness and can manifest in many ways and forms then it does not feel as if it is self, be it the higher self or whatever word suits .

Something also to bare in mind I would say is that when a guide is speaking to 'us' are they thinking that they are conversing with their higher selves ..

I would say not ...

There is something about the spirit realm or higher realms that gives the impression that there is a higher this or that present more so than what is present here and now ..

Why would one's higher self be anywhere else but present??

I am not one to divide self in to too many parcels .

x daz x

I don't understand much about higher self but I wonder if it is present but not acknowledged if that would make a difference. Are we in our higher self?
Old 14-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernam
I don't understand much about higher self but I wonder if it is present but not acknowledged if that would make a difference. Are we in our higher self?

There is what you are or self present . There is nothing more or less . There is nothing higher nor lower . There is only what you are . What you are is perceived through a point of awareness .

As one begins to change within awareness one is not changing self but one is becoming aware of what does not change .

I could relate to all of my guides as the same self as I . I could relate them to being higher or lower than I for it will depend on how one relates to self .

If you realize self then there would not exist higher or lower anything .

What does that say to you when you speak of spirit guides being perhaps your higher self or not?

x daz x
Old 14-05-2014, 08:06 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
I don't know the name of my spirit guide and wonder at times of it is my high self talking or my spirit guide. I do know that either way the communication come very quickly as though I don't even time to formulate the thought.

If you ask and listen, trust what flows for you through the connection you have with whoever it feels to be for you. Sometimes things flow without asking, so by listening you learn about yourself deeper. how you feel, gain insights, and much more. As you grow through listening, you learn who is who and where you fit.

Trusting what flows for you is important for where you are on your journey.
Old 14-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
There is what you are or self present . There is nothing more or less . There is nothing higher nor lower . There is only what you are . What you are is perceived through a point of awareness .

As one begins to change within awareness one is not changing self but one is becoming aware of what does not change .

I could relate to all of my guides as the same self as I . I could relate them to being higher or lower than I for it will depend on how one relates to self .

If you realize self then there would not exist higher or lower anything .

What does that say to you when you speak of spirit guides being perhaps your higher self or not?

x daz x

I think I understand what you are saying. If we are all one then it is all self? But wouldn't a guide be a part of self? I also suppose in actuality it doesn't matter as if it is all self. But in understanding the parts it does matter at this point.
Old 15-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
I think I understand what you are saying. If we are all one then it is all self? But wouldn't a guide be a part of self? I also suppose in actuality it doesn't matter as if it is all self. But in understanding the parts it does matter at this point.

Yes absolutely Hernam tis all self .

Our mindful environment however through having individual points of perceptual awareness allows one to be aware of 'others' .

It is our environment and our point of awareness that allows one to interact with other selves . One can perceive total separation between one self and another self or one can lessen the gap between the two as one comes to know one or realize one or remember one .

When my guides draw close I honour their journey and their union with me . There is a point where 'I' and 'They' no longer exist because one no longer entertains an environment that houses individuality .

It's like mixing jam with semolina .. at a point you cannot prise apart the semolina from the jam .

Whilst the jam remains jam the properties of the jam are present and one can relate to them . The Jam can interact with the properties of the semolina and vise versa .

This is how individuals relate through their individual signature / properties be it with a spirit guide or be it with a monkey .

What is perhaps regarded for some as being higher or lower than a self that is jam or semolina .. is perhaps the jam that realizes that it isn't jam .. lols .

x daz x
Old 15-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yes absolutely Hernam tis all self .

Our mindful environment however through having individual points of perceptual awareness allows one to be aware of 'others' .

It is our environment and our point of awareness that allows one to interact with other selves . One can perceive total separation between one self and another self or one can lessen the gap between the two as one comes to know one or realize one or remember one .

When my guides draw close I honour their journey and their union with me . There is a point where 'I' and 'They' no longer exist because one no longer entertains an environment that houses individuality .

It's like mixing jam with semolina .. at a point you cannot prise apart the semolina from the jam .

Whilst the jam remains jam the properties of the jam are present and one can relate to them . The Jam can interact with the properties of the semolina and vise versa .

This is how individuals relate through their individual signature / properties be it with a spirit guide or be it with a monkey .

What is perhaps regarded for some as being higher or lower than a self that is jam or semolina .. is perhaps the jam that realizes that it isn't jam .. lols .

x daz x

Thank you . If it is all self had our spirit guide had its own experience? Our higher self is it connected to our spirit. I understand stand that it is all one in my head but there are parts. Like rays of the sun. Does the spirit guide influence the higher self to where it would be one? This I don't understand.