Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2012, 05:40 AM
4everaspirit

Bunny Living Vegan Is Part Of the Spiritual Journey

Heyz all. I have actually been a long time member here but I forgot my account info so I had to start fairly new. =)

Anyway living veg is a big part of your spiritual journey. I mean just think about it, what is there to feel good about in eating other breathing, feeling, sentient beings? I don't know if many of you are aware but the conditions which animals live in on factory farms is atrocious.

Hens are packed 5 to a cage where every basic instinct of theirs is suppressed. The male chicks, unwanted by the industry are ground up alive or thrown in dumpsters where they suffocate to death.

Dairy cows have to be artificially inseminated in order to have a baby. They do not always produce milk like the dairy industry would like us to believe. They are like us in that they only produce milk when they have a baby. Once they have their baby they are ripped from them and sold as veal. As you can imagine the mother is devastated.

I don't think I need to go over the practices commonly used on animals raised for meat; it's a brutal upbringing and a brutal death. And I know some of you want to claim "Humane meat! Humane meat!" but just continue to think about it for one minute. How could there ever be a "humane" way to needlessly kill another being? You are taking a life, the very essence of their being... By supporting these violent industries you shatter a piece of their soul, and if you only knew the truth behind them, likely your own.That seems a very highly unenlightened thing to do. Look at one of these beings in the eyes, and you see a part of yourself in them. We are one and the same.

I have been a vegan for 3 years. My veganiversary was on Thanksgiving. Best decision I have ever made in my life for the animals, the planet, and me. I also astral project (which is flippin amazing) and feel very connected to this world and also my inner self. I started becoming spiritually aware of myself when I was about 13, I wasn't a vegan yet, but it was coming right around the corner.

Now, I don't think you necessarily have to be vegan to mediate, astral project, talk with higher beings, or experience many otherworldly things here, but I DO know that it is in line with the values of the spiritually aware/curious people to live a compassionate, "reduce harm" lifestyle.

If it's helpful to anyone, I will include some helpful links for those who aren't vegan or are vegan curious to take a look more at this compassionate lifestyle.

http://www.veganoutreach.org
http://www.vegansociety.com
http://www.nonviolenceunited.org/veganvideo.html

And if there is one video you watch when you have a free hour. It needs to be this one. It makes perfect sense and would rattle the foundations of your soul with an ignition of passion and new found awareness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

Old 28-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Master

Absolutely!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Master

Love is the fulfilling of the Law.

If we are to ascend the spheres of Light, which is the goal of spiritual evolution, we must turn away from all acts of violence, cruelty, bloodshed and killing.

Man was created, in the image of God (in the spiritual sense), to 'walk wth the angels' and to be 'the sanctuary of love and justice', not to hurt and kill.

Old 28-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Master
What you eat is nothing to do with your spiritual journey, its what comes out of you, not what goes into you.
Old 28-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
1) What you eat is nothing to do with your spiritual journey
2) its what comes out of you, not what goes into you.

1) Of course it does!

2) Someone can speak words of love and peace, and then shovel lumps of dead flesh, the product of cruelty, violence and bloodshed, into their mouth without a second thought, and that isn't gross hypocrisy?

Old 29-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
Once, a while ago now I spent a long time watching a cow asleep in a field, dreaming.
I listened regularly at a certain time of year to cows calling endlessly through the night for their calves which had been taken prematurely from them -for slaughter, and after all, they were only there in the first place so we could all have milk on our cornflakes, or enjoy ice-cream.
Those cows would call for days and nights on end until their voices were hoarse. Then they got on with their short lives (no use when they get too old for the whole cycle of producing food)

I felt the energetic form (etheric? astral? body) of a sheep which had just been killed, pass right through me.

I know these creatures we use for our convenience, or for a juicy tasty dinner, or just because we can't imagine coffee without cream....are sentient, they grieve, they dream, they have a Soul.

When we know that by using our intelligence and by being willing to make change actually happen, we can obtain great health and a good tasty balanced diet with all the nutrients we need, by becoming vegan, or even vegetarian, then we should.
Old 29-11-2012, 01:49 AM
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
What you eat is nothing to do with your spiritual journey, its what comes out of you, not what goes into you.

Hey psychoslice. I highly recommend you watch that movie I included at the end. If you are an open minded person, which I would like to assume many spiritual aware people are, then I'd think you wouldn't hold back on something which might challenge your beliefs. It might help you realize differently. it's a very powerful speech. :)
Old 29-11-2012, 01:52 AM
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Once, a while ago now I spent a long time watching a cow asleep in a field, dreaming.
I listened regularly at a certain time of year to cows calling endlessly through the night for their calves which had been taken prematurely from them -for slaughter, and after all, they were only there in the first place so we could all have milk on our cornflakes, or enjoy ice-cream.
Those cows would call for days and nights on end until their voices were hoarse. Then they got on with their short lives (no use when they get too old for the whole cycle of producing food)

I felt the energetic form (etheric? astral? body) of a sheep which had just been killed, pass right through me.

I know these creatures we use for our convenience, or for a juicy tasty dinner, or just because we can't imagine coffee without cream....are sentient, they grieve, they dream, they have a Soul.

When we know that by using our intelligence and by being willing to make change actually happen, we can obtain great health and a good tasty balanced diet with all the nutrients we need, by becoming vegan, or even vegetarian, then we should.

Eerie experience but highly important. Thanks for sharing. <3 A bit issue with our society is that many people don't see or have any interaction with the animals they eat, because if they did, most would see their soul in their eyes and would not eat them unless absolutely needed for their own survival.
Old 29-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Henri77

There's no question you're right, even though I'm not a vegan.
If we value life, compassion , it's an issue to deal with.
Old 29-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
1) Of course it does!

2) Someone can speak words of love and peace, and then shovel lumps of dead flesh, the product of cruelty, violence and bloodshed, into their mouth without a second thought, and that isn't gross hypocrisy?
Of course not, Hitler was a vegetarian, that's just the way you perceive spirituality, we are all food, everything lives of everything, and it all has nothing to do with your true Nature, or the ultimate spiritual being the you are.