Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Suspended
Master
Acts 18:18(kjv)

18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

Now what vow consists of shaving the head? I could only think of one and its in the old and outdated covenant. So it looks like Paul the Christian leader kept the Torah and I wonder if it was an example to other followers.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Master
The reason for the atoning sacrifices after the perfect law was given, is that no one is perfect. Imperfection, involving this animal/ mammal situation, evolved through "illusory", time, involves the fall.
a.k.a., "original sin".

The petitioner then, upon this institution of the sacrificial atonements, would bring the sacrifice to the priests, and because the Lord Himself ordained this for extention of His grace, mercy, and forgiveness; the petitioner would leave knowing his sin was atoned for.

It is this Foundation of Salvation that the Messiah is both the "Chief Cornerstone", and Capstone of.

Isaiah 28:16
Ephesians 2:17 - 20

As long prophesied through the ages of the writings.

The self professing Christian should certainly understand that the label involves Judaic - Christianity, and that the designation essentially is about the love of the Almighty towards humanity, and His salvation.

"Saved" means rescued, as by another, and
"Grace", means "unmerited favor".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The reason for the atoning sacrifices after the perfect law was given, is that no one is perfect. Imperfection, involving this animal/ mammal situation, evolved through "illusory", time, involves the fall.
a.k.a., "original sin".

The petitioner then, upon this institution of the sacrificial atonements, would bring the sacrifice to the priests, and because the Lord Himself ordained this for extention of His grace, mercy, and forgiveness; the petitioner would leave knowing his sin was atoned for.

It is this Foundation of Salvation that the Messiah is both the "Chief Cornerstone", and Capstone of.

Isaiah 28:16
Ephesians 2:17 - 20

As long prophesied through the ages of the writings.

The self professing Christian should certainly understand that the label involves Judaic - Christianity, and that the designation essentially is about the love of the Almighty towards humanity, and His salvation.

"Saved" means rescued, as by another, and
"Grace", means "unmerited favor".
Lol at the original sin doctrine, those sinful babies when they're born breaking the Torah that God commanded them not to, how dare they.
Erm so no one is perfect so why did Yeshua say "Be perfect even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect?".
The atonement that you so love to go on about was for the house of Yaakubah when they had fallen short of the glory of YaHaWaHa by breaking the commandments and the curse was on them. The atonement is to follow the example Yeshua left and not follow the commandments of men which are imperfect such as the replacement weekly sabbath, the introduction of the pagan Ishtar known as Easter and all the rest of it.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Master

Speaking as an old man - or as I prefer to be called - an elderly gentleman, I just have to say that I cannot remember ever having met anyone who could or would be described as a Christian in my eyes.
What I have met and seen are those who spout off a lot about their biblical knowledge when if they really were Christians they wouldn't need this information and would indeed have no time to waste upon such trivialities.
Now, I have no intention of listing those things which in my opinion would be valid indications of what a Christian should be, but a number of negatives come to mind.

There is a cloister (nuns) a few kilometres away from where I live. They were recently on local TV. The Abbotess (if that's the right word) was asked if they would give unfortunate people one of their many empty rooms. (there aren't enough nuns these days to fill the place). Her answer was 'it all depends'. When specifically asked if they would give say a prostitute such a free room the nice Abbotess replied 'oh no! we don't want such people'.

When my wife died and I had to go looking for a vicar to take the church service all three vicars of my town were out in the mountains for a week with the school camp! I was forced to ask a retired vicar if he would be kind enough to help out - he did, but informed me that he would have to travel quite a way on that day to do it because he was away in his holiday home...

In the close-by city there is an old and retired but well-known vicar who appears often on TV and who spends a lot of his time looking after the homeless and hungry. He is always to be seen in the same old clothes and scarf thus letting the world know that he is a poor man himself. So he really has a very good reputation. Well, apart from his pension with which he could buy himself two mercedes every year he lives in a large house in the country with the walls hung with well-chosen works of art.

Now all of these three things are all the same to me, I don't expect anything else having experienced the most dreadful things with charities, but if our local church can spend out more than £1m on a new church roof when the old one only needed to be repaired properly, then I'll get on with other things.

I'd like to meet a true Christian but for that I'd probably have to go to the Himalayas.
Old 28-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Master

Ahiya
In terms of beliefs its complicated
In terms of the soul -
A Christian is someone filled with the same Spirit that Jesus is, that chooses to follow that Spirit through the way he set out

The Spirit that Jesus has, is the Spirit of God
Old 28-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Speaking as an old man - or as I prefer to be called - an elderly gentleman, I just have to say that I cannot remember ever having met anyone who could or would be described as a Christian in my eyes.
What I have met and seen are those who spout off a lot about their biblical knowledge when if they really were Christians they wouldn't need this information and would indeed have no time to waste upon such trivialities.
Now, I have no intention of listing those things which in my opinion would be valid indications of what a Christian should be, but a number of negatives come to mind.

There is a cloister (nuns) a few kilometres away from where I live. They were recently on local TV. The Abbotess (if that's the right word) was asked if they would give unfortunate people one of their many empty rooms. (there aren't enough nuns these days to fill the place). Her answer was 'it all depends'. When specifically asked if they would give say a prostitute such a free room the nice Abbotess replied 'oh no! we don't want such people'.

When my wife died and I had to go looking for a vicar to take the church service all three vicars of my town were out in the mountains for a week with the school camp! I was forced to ask a retired vicar if he would be kind enough to help out - he did, but informed me that he would have to travel quite a way on that day to do it because he was away in his holiday home...

In the close-by city there is an old and retired but well-known vicar who appears often on TV and who spends a lot of his time looking after the homeless and hungry. He is always to be seen in the same old clothes and scarf thus letting the world know that he is a poor man himself. So he really has a very good reputation. Well, apart from his pension with which he could buy himself two mercedes every year he lives in a large house in the country with the walls hung with well-chosen works of art.

Now all of these three things are all the same to me, I don't expect anything else having experienced the most dreadful things with charities, but if our local church can spend out more than £1m on a new church roof when the old one only needed to be repaired properly, then I'll get on with other things.

I'd like to meet a true Christian but for that I'd probably have to go to the Himalayas.
It's 6:50 am here and I just dropped off my dragon for work, dragon is a term we give for our partner, a better half you could say of the female kind. I see your humour is still on point for an elderly, thanks for the laugh.
Old 28-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Ahiya
In terms of beliefs its complicated
In terms of the soul -
A Christian is someone filled with the same Spirit that Jesus is, that chooses to follow that Spirit through the way he set out

The Spirit that Jesus has, is the Spirit of God
I suppose another way of looking at the Spirit of God is the PRESENCE mentioned in the so called Old Testament. Yes I'm going to have to agree with you on this one, ofc we've got all our lives to take it step by step to follow his example of perfection.
Old 29-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Master

Ahiyah,
yea i always figured that's one of the things Jesus meant when he said salvation is from the Jews, that from this race is preserved this presence or Spirit from the time of Eden, and that the whole struggles of this people is their falling away and coming back to it again
interestingly this implies a false spirit exists also that leads to evil things
the implication of Jesus is that religious authorities are confused over these two spirits and attribute things from one to the other wrongly, the Christ is the one who sets things straight and clear before the people. Jesus so clearly did this in every way!
Old 29-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Ahiyah,
yea i always figured that's one of the things Jesus meant when he said salvation is from the Jews, that from this race is preserved this presence or Spirit from the time of Eden, and that the whole struggles of this people is their falling away and coming back to it again
interestingly this implies a false spirit exists also that leads to evil things
the implication of Jesus is that religious authorities are confused over these two spirits and attribute things from one to the other wrongly, the Christ is the one who sets things straight and clear before the people. Jesus so clearly did this in every way!
Yes the coming back to it can be seen as the rebuilding of the House of Yaakubah/Jacob and the blessings he bestowed on his children when he laid his hands on them. I won't get into the other too much but there are ways to figure out the evil and in a sense there are two evils and one of them is an enemy of Yaakbuah and the other allows the light of the blessings of Yaakubah to shine on and in that house.now Yeshua says "your enemies are of your own house" one just needs to look up the list of the tribes of Yaakubah in Revelations to figure out there are names missing from that line up. Just so you know not all that are from those missing tribal names in Revelations are corrupt. Ofc there are other enemies operating from within their respective House, Isaac and Ishmael again not all of Ishmael is corrupt in fact his name means 'man from God'. What it is is the same old story of sibling rivalry. I believe that statement should read 'for salvation is of the Ibreet' which you would know as Hebrew. The root word to Ibreet is B'reet which means covenant. We are still early in the day but it is being reclaimed as we speak because its the eternal covenant we are talking about. Yeshua is like all those that were anointed before him and yes he is the cap stone meaning he is the second Adam which also resembles the second son of Adam which is why he was killed the third Adam comes and is already in the Earth waiting for his bride. Although its given to you in the singular I am also speaking in plural form also. Keep a look out for that it happens a lot when reading. The third Adam also represents the third son of Adam. I hope this was helpful in some way, Stay Blessed.
Old 30-03-2018, 02:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yes the coming back to it can be seen as the rebuilding of the House of Yaakubah/Jacob and the blessings he bestowed on his children when he laid his hands on them. I won't get into the other too much but there are ways to figure out the evil and in a sense there are two evils and one of them is an enemy of Yaakbuah and the other allows the light of the blessings of Yaakubah to shine on and in that house.now Yeshua says "your enemies are of your own house" one just needs to look up the list of the tribes of Yaakubah in Revelations to figure out there are names missing from that line up. Just so you know not all that are from those missing tribal names in Revelations are corrupt. Ofc there are other enemies operating from within their respective House, Isaac and Ishmael again not all of Ishmael is corrupt in fact his name means 'man from God'. What it is is the same old story of sibling rivalry. I believe that statement should read 'for salvation is of the Ibreet' which you would know as Hebrew. The root word to Ibreet is B'reet which means covenant. We are still early in the day but it is being reclaimed as we speak because its the eternal covenant we are talking about. Yeshua is like all those that were anointed before him and yes he is the cap stone meaning he is the second Adam which also resembles the second son of Adam which is why he was killed the third Adam comes and is already in the Earth waiting for his bride. Although its given to you in the singular I am also speaking in plural form also. Keep a look out for that it happens a lot when reading. The third Adam also represents the third son of Adam. I hope this was helpful in some way, Stay Blessed.

so theres a hidden line of prophecy as well waiting to match up to the revealed? always thought we sometimes get the names but not the prophecy which wasn't passed down. something to do with a female narrative that opposes any harm done to the children which has partially but not fully been heard before God can in fact be able to fulfil his promises?
i see lot of signs about adam awaiting bride its pulling on many in all kinds directions the pull is intense, how much longer?