Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Daz :)
It sounds like you and I may be talking about two entirely different things.

The alignment with centre (which I mean as alignment with Spirit) I speak of is something that, like the pull toward self awareness generally, is inspiring, magnetic, foundational, and energizing, as it represents who we are "at centre", at the most integral and foundational "level".
It is not at all something that we would lightly or willingly brush aside, particularly with any level of self-awareness, as "it" is "us"

I think you may be referring to other things, but I'm not certain. For certain, I'm not talking about anything fleeting or passing, or that holds no weight.
Rather I speak of integral being and alignment of our "waking selves" with who we are, at core, which is eternal and beyond time.

What did you mean? Did you also mean this eternal and timeless core, or did you mean something else?
I couldn't tell for certain, based on the examples you used. Maybe you just need to 'splain a bit more

Peace & blessings, Teds
7L

Hey :)

I am kind of differentiating between understanding, knowing, making sense of something that is over and above intellectual satisfaction .

You can call it alignment with spirit or something along those lines . I can go along with that understanding .

I gave self realization as an example of knowing, understanding, making sense of 'things' rather than understanding something like how a car works or why does it rain .

Certain fields of knowing etc starts and ends within the intellectual fields whereas certain realizations had can only end up being intellectualised .

This sense of knowing or making sense of things, I was referring to one's realizations rather than knowing how a car works .

That sense of realization / understanding changes how one perceives everything else ..

Understanding how a car works doesn't change one's perception in the same way .

This deep sense of knowing and making sense of things is where I was pointing at .

This deep sense of knowing and making sense of things holds weight where other knowings can be tossed around in the wind .

x daz x
Old 24-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Master
Hey there Teds...very nice post.
Agreed ...I'm talking about exactly the same thing then.
Often it's just a matter of sorting out the concepts we're trying to put into words each in our own way.

What I was also trying to express, by calling it alignment with Spirit, is that it is precisely this alignment with Spirit which yields the deep knowing.
That is another way of saying that it is the being (in alignment) which yields the knowing.

Alignment with centre, with heart as the core of the divine (Spirit) in our material existence, is the being that yields the knowing.
The knowing that surpasses understanding, as they say

Peace & blessings, Teds!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Master
Funny but I kinda fully understand how a car works but it's still really mysterious that pistons and cranks and cams go round and round so fast, as in thousands of times per minute, and go for years and years at this incredible pace.

And my cars have this uncanny ability to go beyond what should or should not be working especially points, you know old fashioned breaker points with capacitors added? The one I have now hasn't had a new set of points for I don't how many years though a few years ago it was starting to miss a little so I hauled out the distributor and gave the points a wee file and it's been going well ever since. It just seems that as time goes on my cars go longer and longer without regular maintenance as it's understood and is replaced by a spiritual maintenance of appreciation.

I remember years and years ago a car I had was going a bit rough so I finally pulled the hood to check it out and looking at the points it shouldn't have been going at all.

There is a magic I'm supposing that even whilst things are here all concretised and hard as material can be that is also profoundly acted on by our sense of our being, our knowledge of self being a real en-actor on our world which keeps old things well past their use date still going strong.
Old 24-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
It just seems that as time goes on my cars go longer and longer without regular
maintenance as it's understood and is replaced by a spiritual maintenance of
appreciation.

Lovely post, really lovely.
There is definitely something to being nice to the old gal, isn't there? :) The old car...it's a bit like the old body, isn't it? More and more, everything depends on the force of will...and the force of love ;)

Quote:
There is a magic I'm supposing that even whilst things are here all concretised and hard as material can be that is also profoundly acted on by our sense of our being, our knowledge of self being a real en-actor on our world which keeps old things well past their use date still going strong.

Agreed :) Ultimately it seems all things are supported by love, intention/magic, and a pinch of faerie dust (for good measure).

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke