Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 18-05-2012, 04:43 PM
EsoterikEyez27

Apparition of Dark Hooded figure??

I have been fascinated by the paranormal my entire life. This interest stems mainly from an experience I had at age 7 and I was wondering if someone more enlightened than me could perhaps elaborate on this or tell me what it may signify.
When I was sleeping one night I was awoken out of a sound sleep to a horrifying image of a dark hooded figure standing about a foot and a half from the end of my bed. The figure was not transparent at all. I could not see through it and I remember it being cold as if there were a drop in temperature. I was so horrified and utterly terrified that I could not speak or move at all. It was speaking to me in a garbled voice that I couldn't understand. I remember silently trying to pray to God to make this entity go away as I stared in terror. I did not feel that this way a good spirit in any way. I felt that this was a very evil and dark entity. I am aware of the phenomena "sleep paralysis". I disagree with it entirely as being an explanation for what happened to me. I know that this was not some kind of neurological problem, or my mind dreaming while my body was awake. To be honest ( and this is just my own speculation and not based in any fact) I don't really know if I believe in sleep paralysis at all as an explanation for these events. Maybe these evil and dark entities people see have the ability to make them paralyzed or it is just an intense fear response. Why would everyone who experiences this see something terrifying or otherworldly?
I guess I just want to know if this has happened to any one else before and if so what was your experience? Prior to this occurence I began feeling very scared in my room at night. At age 6 we had moved to a new house and that was when all the strange feelings began. I started feeling like something was watching me at night, feeling the hair on the back of my neck stand up, running through the dark halls because I was terrified of seeing something etc. Like I said it only began in that house. Thinking back I recall doing seances with several different friends and using a Ouija board. I know now how dangerous this is and how it can open up doorways to the unknown and unwanted. Back then I was just a little kid though, totally ignorant of what I was doing.
Does anyone know what this visitation may have symbolized or meant? Also a boyfriend I had years later began having the same experience more than several times after I moved in with him. Do you think this could follow me? Or is it unrelated?Any suggestions, answers or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 19-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Master

I have had similar experiences before, one was when I asked a spirit friend of mine to open my eyes so she did, and when I looked out a strange man holding a flamethrower began to attack me sk I begged my friend to turn it off again and she did, but I could feel the flames bounce off the shield I always have up. Another instance was of seeing a face before me and I was terrified, staring at it so I called my sister to turn on the lights. Other strange things happened that night and I never fell asleep because I was so scared. Sometimes I see people too, following me around but when I look to see them the second time, they are no longer there. But I've dealt with these things before and know how to handle them now. A thing that you should learn is how to face off these creatures and send them away. They are no good and you need to protect yourself. A good technique is to imagine you are in a bubble and that nothing can break it, the more you focus, the safer you will feel and the les likely the creature can brake it. You are safe in your bubble :) it does seem to me that there is some evil in your life but I don't know if it's this creature in particular. I will see what I can do if you'd like.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 21-05-2012, 11:49 PM
EsoterikEyez27

thanks for your response :) it definitely makes me feel less afraid and alone in the matter. i know that visualizing things (such as a bubble surrounding you) can actually be very powerful. I read this book on astral travel and ritual magic and it said that anything you imagine exists on some level of creation and the fact that you place your belief and intent behind it furthers its purpose, so your suggestion makes total sense. i haven't seen it since, but on and off throughout my life ive went through intense bouts of feeling like something was watching me.. to the point where if soap was in my eye id leave it open in the shower and let it burn because i was so afraid if i closed my eyes that this thing would reappear. i guess im just curious why it showed itself to me at all?
Old 22-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Master

There is a reason for everything. Explore that time period, was that moment a turning point for something?
Old 22-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Master
EsoterikEyez27 - I had a similar event happen to me a few years back that has left a lasting impression on me too. I was visited 4 nights in a row at the same time every night by the same being that scared the breath out of me. Prior to those 4 nights the bed raised up off the floor, while my spouse lied asleep next to me. Something very unusual was going on that I feel couldn't be explained by sleep paralysis. I too feel it was some sort of spirit visitation. To this day I trust my intuition on my experience. But most would argue with me on the validity of my experience. Trust yourself. I do.

Blackraven
Old 22-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
EsoterikEyez27 - I had a similar event happen to me a few years back that has left a lasting impression on me too. I was visited 4 nights in a row at the same time every night by the same being that scared the breath out of me. Prior to those 4 nights the bed raised up off the floor, while my spouse lied asleep next to me. Something very unusual was going on that I feel couldn't be explained by sleep paralysis. I too feel it was some sort of spirit visitation. To this day I trust my intuition on my experience. But most would argue with me on the validity of my experience. Trust yourself. I do.

Blackraven
Sounds like astral projection. Actually almost identical to my first few a while ago. Levitation, creatures, visitations, it's all linked back to ap. Sleep paralysis is just a symptom that you are headed towards ap. Most of my stuff was too, but now that I get out, occationally I see that lurking dark force to fight away, it being pure evil, without light and light repels it away.
Old 22-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

Sounds like a spectre.
Old 22-05-2012, 04:46 AM
trappedinabody

hmmm i too have always felt as if i was being watched since i was young,...
i used to make my cat stay in the bathroom with me while i would take baths just to feel i was not alone with whatever was always watching me :p
i eventually became used to the feeling and can deal with being alone now.

and i also had an experience very similar to this about a year ago...i suddenly woke up to a dark figure jumping in thru the second story window into my bedroom and diving behind a chair then peeking out at me, i tried to yell but couldnot speak and could not move at all, the figure eventually started coming closer and even floated directly above me before i finally really woke up.

i never thought to connect the two, but would make sense.
kinda spooky