Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-05-2019, 04:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Yes of course!

NoOne referred to the Soma. That’s why I asked. Now, keeping in view the purpose of this thread in stating the actual experience and not stuff documented about it, here is my felt experience ... it maybe something else as meant by it as far as more ‘authentic ‘ verdicts go

I sense a gridline ... a capillary connecting third eye point to crown to Bindu (the bald spot on back of head). The Bindu generates a Divine nectar, initially felt as triangulating between itself, third eye and crown and off late with new energy centres cognised, I’d say it feeds the nectar right across our form.

The grid vertically splits the body in two geometric halves. I’ll elaborate in a bit ...

(to be continued)

i think i know what you mean. speaking from my experince. center towards top of head is a high concentration of this juice being made. helping to saturate the mind and body in ecstasy. i say help. because it manifests itself everywhere as well. but high contrations with great potency come from that area of the brain.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-05-2019, 04:46 AM
Master
Soma...

It means different things to different people.

Anything from the Moon, to psychedelic mushrooms.

When we are speaking about Kundalini and Chakras, the word "Soma" can be interchanged with the word "Amrita" or the "nectar of immortality" with reference to the supreme association of the Atman (soul) with the Paramatman (Oversoul).

...and I wish I could do this whole post in Sanskrit, because that would be much easier for me than having to find English equivalents. *sigh*.

When the universe was formed, the milky way was churned up..we call it Samudra Manthan..

There was a mountain..Mt Meru which is also the "Meru Danda" or our Spinal vertebrae.

There was a snake "Vasuki" which was woven around the mountain...representing Kundalini Shakti..

Then there were two "armies" on either side of the Vasuki...playing a "tug of war" with the serpent's head and tail respectively...to move Mt. Meru from side to side, thus churning this "milky ocean"...The Devas (Gods) had the tail of the snake, while the Asuras (Devils) had the head of the snake...each moved the mountain to and fro, churning it up until two substances were produced...poison "halahala" and nectar "Amrita".

To cut a long story short, Lord Shiva drank the poison which turned His neck blue (Neelkanth) whilst the Devas duped the Asuras and took the kumbh (pot) of Amrita to Swarga (heaven)..they (Mohini) managed to hypnotise and trick all of the devils except for one...his name was Rahu/Khetu who became immortal and took the form of the two nodes of the moon...

Back to the Soma..

When we think of the Chakras, we only tend to think of the seven "popular" ones...The seven that everybody knows about..

Between the Third Eye and Crown Chakra, there is a very important Chakra called BINDU or the "Makara Point"...It is often called the "Gateway to Liberation".

Now, within our blood, semen, urine etc there is a Divine essence...A form of prana called VEERYA.

It is the job of the Bindu Chakra to convert this Veerya into OJAS/TEJAS which is "spiritual fluid" that sustains life, health, spiritual awakening, enlightenment, cosmic union etc..

It is this secretion from the Bindu Chakra which is known as the Soma...after the two sides of the serpent (Ida and Pingala Nadi) churns up the Spinal Mountain (Shushumna Nadi) enough to form the passage of Chitrini (Brahmanadi) within it..leading from Root (Muladhara) to Crown (Sahasrara).

So, in most people, when the Soma is produced by the Bindu Chakra, it takes another nerve down to the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) where the drops of Soma are burnt up instantaneously..allowing the body to use oxygen more efficiently (oxidisation) leading to decay and eventually death.

In Kundalini Yoga, which is also called Laya Yoga (absorption) there is a technique called KHECHARI MUDRA.

Here, the aspirant/seeker/yogi manually stretches and "milks" his tongue, until it is long enough to be curled backwards and upwards..past the ulvula and into the nasal cavity, blocking off the channel where the Soma flows from the Bindu Chakra down to the Manipura Chakra.

Sometimes the frenum linguae (tongue muscle) is cut to make this easier, but it is not without the risk of choking...I wouldn't recommend it.

Once the channel is blocked by the tongue, the Soma has nowhere left to go but upwards...preparing the Sahasrara Chakra for a full opening..

Now, I bet this is something you would have preferred not to ask me..but there are just "things I know" due to my background and heritage.

Thanks for reading.
Old 23-05-2019, 04:50 AM
Master
I just noticed you referenced the Bindu Chakra while it took me about half an hour to type up my previous post to this one.

If there is anything you wish to know about the Hindu psycho-spirituality of the entire Kundalini awakening process and all of the Chakras...I pretty much happen to be a walking encyclopaedia on the subject..with all due humility, of course.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:06 AM
Master

Thanks Shivani!

There is of course an abundance of documented knowledge on the kundalini and chakras which serve the purpose of ... if we look at it positively, indicators and if we look at it negatively, attention deflectors, since then a searcher searching as ego in disguise appears.

Of course this is not to say that theoretical knowledge does not have its place ... if slotted as a provisional hypothesis. Then we are free to explore, unfettered & free flowing.

In the actual experiential aspect, already we have a rich variety of manners of unfoldings as seen in the posts. The end result is the same ... ecstasy, joy, bliss and then we have compassion. Colourations of Love. Just like the rainbow colours attributed to chakras. Beautiful!

Old 23-05-2019, 05:11 AM
Master

Shivani, what’s your take on the Khechari technique? Have you tried it? On my part, I’m on the slow boat, allowing the Divine to do as It pleases.

Possibly, artificial and forced methods have hidden dangers for the uninitiated.

What about the Medulla point/zone? And the nasal energy centre?

Old 23-05-2019, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:

Thanks Shivani!

There is of course an abundance of documented knowledge on the kundalini and chakras which serve the purpose of ... if we look at it positively, indicators and if we look at it negatively, attention deflectors, since then a searcher searching as ego in disguise appears.

Of course this is not to say that theoretical knowledge does not have its place ... if slotted as a provisional hypothesis. Then we are free to explore, unfettered & free flowing.

In the actual experiential aspect, already we have a rich variety of manners of unfoldings as seen in the posts. The end result is the same ... ecstasy, joy, bliss and then we have compassion. Colourations of Love. Just like the rainbow colours attributed to chakras. Beautiful!

Again you are very welcome.

The whole thing is though, that I leaned all of this before computers and the internet...not only by reading books...but through my upbringing in Bali Indonesia AS a Hindu!

This is the sacred transmission passed down from Guru to disciple...from the Balinese Shamanic line ever since Rishi Markandeya decided to expound the philosophies of Matsyendra Swami...this...All of this is based upon "revealed knowledge" in much the same way as prophets get their "Source material"..I make that distinction right here.

You are correct though, in that what we can read about or learn about this doesn't really describe anything..

I, for one was raised to believe that the Chakras were not all "rainbow colours" and this was only conceived as a theory during the 1970s...so, before the 1970s, Chakras were NOT all "rainbow colours"!

I saw a very nice Tamil video about this a few years ago...please let me find that again:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVJy-2BwDk (Part 1)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YmYWGxkhcvo (Part 2)

This comes the closest to describing what it was that I learned about this all of those many moons ago.

However, after years and years, I found out that the majority of people have become SO indoctrinated into the whole "New Age version" they just cannot accept anything else...any other explanation.

...and thus, the knowledge of Kundalini and the Chakras becomes occulted yet AGAIN, even though there is a "wealth of information" on the subject and so, it becomes "only those who are meant to know, WILL know".

This is why I don't speak much about it anymore...Simply because I am not "meant to"! I just thought I would put in my appearance at your 'party' and then stay until my welcome runs out.

For you see my dear not only am I an intellectual, but I am also a traditional Hindu and much of what I know has been lost...even to Google or Bing.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:

Shivani, what’s your take on the Khechari technique? Have you tried it? On my part, I’m on the slow boat, allowing the Divine to do as It pleases.

Possibly, artificial and forced methods have hidden dangers for the uninitiated.

What about the Medulla point/zone? And the nasal energy centre?

I will take a short raincheck on this one...I can only do so much before my attention span needs a break. I'll keep you posted within a few hours.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
What’s the remedy then?

For someone to love her unconditionally.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Soma...

It means different things to different people.

Anything from the Moon, to psychedelic mushrooms.

When we are speaking about Kundalini and Chakras, the word "Soma" can be interchanged with the word "Amrita" or the "nectar of immortality" with reference to the supreme association of the Atman (soul) with the Paramatman (Oversoul).

...and I wish I could do this whole post in Sanskrit, because that would be much easier for me than having to find English equivalents. *sigh*.

When the universe was formed, the milky way was churned up..we call it Samudra Manthan..

There was a mountain..Mt Meru which is also the "Meru Danda" or our Spinal vertebrae.

There was a snake "Vasuki" which was woven around the mountain...representing Kundalini Shakti..

Then there were two "armies" on either side of the Vasuki...playing a "tug of war" with the serpent's head and tail respectively...to move Mt. Meru from side to side, thus churning this "milky ocean"...The Devas (Gods) had the tail of the snake, while the Asuras (Devils) had the head of the snake...each moved the mountain to and fro, churning it up until two substances were produced...poison "halahala" and nectar "Amrita".

To cut a long story short, Lord Shiva drank the poison which turned His neck blue (Neelkanth) whilst the Devas duped the Asuras and took the kumbh (pot) of Amrita to Swarga (heaven)..they (Mohini) managed to hypnotise and trick all of the devils except for one...his name was Rahu/Khetu who became immortal and took the form of the two nodes of the moon...

Back to the Soma..

When we think of the Chakras, we only tend to think of the seven "popular" ones...The seven that everybody knows about..

Between the Third Eye and Crown Chakra, there is a very important Chakra called BINDU or the "Makara Point"...It is often called the "Gateway to Liberation".

Now, within our blood, semen, urine etc there is a Divine essence...A form of prana called VEERYA.

It is the job of the Bindu Chakra to convert this Veerya into OJAS/TEJAS which is "spiritual fluid" that sustains life, health, spiritual awakening, enlightenment, cosmic union etc..

It is this secretion from the Bindu Chakra which is known as the Soma...after the two sides of the serpent (Ida and Pingala Nadi) churns up the Spinal Mountain (Shushumna Nadi) enough to form the passage of Chitrini (Brahmanadi) within it..leading from Root (Muladhara) to Crown (Sahasrara).

So, in most people, when the Soma is produced by the Bindu Chakra, it takes another nerve down to the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) where the drops of Soma are burnt up instantaneously..allowing the body to use oxygen more efficiently (oxidisation) leading to decay and eventually death.

In Kundalini Yoga, which is also called Laya Yoga (absorption) there is a technique called KHECHARI MUDRA.

Here, the aspirant/seeker/yogi manually stretches and "milks" his tongue, until it is long enough to be curled backwards and upwards..past the ulvula and into the nasal cavity, blocking off the channel where the Soma flows from the Bindu Chakra down to the Manipura Chakra.

Sometimes the frenum linguae (tongue muscle) is cut to make this easier, but it is not without the risk of choking...I wouldn't recommend it.

Once the channel is blocked by the tongue, the Soma has nowhere left to go but upwards...preparing the Sahasrara Chakra for a full opening..

Now, I bet this is something you would have preferred not to ask me..but there are just "things I know" due to my background and heritage.

Thanks for reading.

sounds like what i described in the above post.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-05-2019, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
For someone to love her unconditionally.
You don't say much...but then again, you don't need to.