Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-02-2020, 01:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Body Expansion During Meditation?

Hi,
I do some basic meditation practices and one of the things that has begun to happen is I become very very "aware" of my entire body, and then I begin to expand, this is normally after some Ujjayi breathing at the beginning and this happens about 30 - 40 mins into a meditation.

I originally searched the internet to find out what it may be and the closest I have got before finding out what it may be is something called Linga Sanchalana, related to Kriya or Kundalini Yoga, this or Out Of Body Experience stuff, OBE.
If you Google
"Linga Sanchalana" you will see it on Golden Age Journey.

This has happened around 6 times now. I suddenly expand and my awareness appears to extend outside my body, I feel an ever expanding rushing feeling, sometimes I'm just rising, climbing straight up continually, others, constantly growing out and occasionally shrinking or going in. This is a very very unusual feeling, because I am dead still but am expanding, it's a very confusing feeling, and very real, not just a slight feeling of expansion, its intense.

When this happens I am fully conscious and thinking, fully aware, I don't appear to be in any trance states, once I opened my eyes briefly and the feeling kept going although I closed them again quickly. This usually goes on for around 5 mins it feels like although it may be less before it slowly fades away.I thought for a while this may be OBE related but am not sure, as I don't really get the impression the body is asleep. Does anyone have any ideas?

It can best be described by looking at the following Vortex GIF, it feels exactly like this looks if that makes sense?
If you google the below phrase you will see what I mean, its on Giphy
"Acid Trip Rainbow GIF By Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski"

Thanks so much in advance, I would be grateful for any info or similar experiences at all!

Matt
Old 09-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthooper
Hi,
I do some basic meditation practices and one of the things that has begun to happen is I become very very "aware" of my entire body, and then I begin to expand, this is normally after some Ujjayi breathing at the beginning and this happens about 30 - 40 mins into a meditation.

I originally searched the internet to find out what it may be and the closest I have got before finding out what it may be is something called Linga Sanchalana, related to Kriya or Kundalini Yoga, this or Out Of Body Experience stuff, OBE.
If you Google
"Linga Sanchalana" you will see it on Golden Age Journey.

This has happened around 6 times now. I suddenly expand and my awareness appears to extend outside my body, I feel an ever expanding rushing feeling, sometimes I'm just rising, climbing straight up continually, others, constantly growing out and occasionally shrinking or going in. This is a very very unusual feeling, because I am dead still but am expanding, it's a very confusing feeling, and very real, not just a slight feeling of expansion, its intense.

When this happens I am fully conscious and thinking, fully aware, I don't appear to be in any trance states, once I opened my eyes briefly and the feeling kept going although I closed them again quickly. This usually goes on for around 5 mins it feels like although it may be less before it slowly fades away.I thought for a while this may be OBE related but am not sure, as I don't really get the impression the body is asleep. Does anyone have any ideas?

It can best be described by looking at the following Vortex GIF, it feels exactly like this looks if that makes sense?
If you google the below phrase you will see what I mean, its on Giphy
"Acid Trip Rainbow GIF By Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski"

Thanks so much in advance, I would be grateful for any info or similar experiences at all!

Matt

This happened to me many many times. When you are not anymore focusing on your body, the data used by the mind to know the boundaries of the body is not anymore received by the mind because your focus is not anymore on your body, so your mind expands/shrinks your awareness of your body.So you feel an expansion/shrinking that feels like infinite, I believe that this is when the conscious mind expands and sees a glimpse of his true identity, the entire universe and beyond. I used to experience this a lot when I was a child and my grandma too had this experience, but not the rest of my family.