Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I wasn't even going to even hint at the fact that Jesus gained knowledge from Siddhartha's teachings. I would be appalled to find out my god gained wisdom from a lowly "Man"

But I would have to unlearn what they both taught to be appalled in the first place.

👍 what more could I add....
Old 08-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Master
It's funny how some spiritual people don't actually believe in a real God at all; but prefer to believe in I AM. I guess the temptation to call oneself God is too much.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It's funny how some spiritual people don't actually believe in a real God at all; but prefer to believe in I AM. I guess the temptation to call oneself God is too much.

That is... Not even close to being true. I AM and belief in God is the same thing. It is the belief in no separation between oneself, and in God.

It's interesting. How you can chastise spiritual people as being full of ego, yet at the same time say you follow Jesus from the bible, whom himself said him and the father are one. Stating the same I AM principle you fight against.

The difference being that you believe that only Jesus can be I AM, and one with the father, and no one else can. There in lies a difference between being religious and being spiritual.

I'll take it for you, you believe God is an entity sitting in the clouds somewhere. For those who are spiritual they adhere to God as being everywhere and in everything. The rocks, the trees. The mountains. The planet. The animals. The people. The source of all that is and isn't.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:

It's even funnier your above post Btw, what is a ' real God ' ?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Master
I AM is principally the idea that the inner "I" is holy and is God itself. Hence the word "I" in I AM.

I'm not so sure that any "I" even Christ's or Yahweh's is *that* holy.

There is no need to put words into my mouth.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Master
A 'real God' is something that is not just "I".....it is something greater like Love or Conscience.

Everyone seems to think the world revolves around their own self.....which funnily enough it seems to.....considering we are at the centre of our own reality.

But I wonder if there is not something greater behind all the apparent "I Am God".

Old 06-05-2018, 09:42 AM
boshy b. good

we believe in christ can become your
form of language. to have that, you
demand ideas. ie jesus wore crown of
thorns. or jesus be angel of justice.
small best behaved phrases could fit
you they are be chapters
Old 15-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Belief in Christ became a religion. But does that mean that all those who believe in Him are religious? People often say they are not religious; yet they have all sorts of spiritual beliefs. Cannot believing in Christ just be a form of spirituality and not a religion?

I do not go to Church. Yet I believe that Jesus was some kind of saviour. I surrender to Him. This is MY form of modern spirituality. What is the difference between spirituality and religion?

I express my spirituality by believing in Christ & Yahweh. Others express their spirituality in different ways. I accept their ways.

I believe the same as you, Honza. Although, I do go to church frequently (not strictly every week but at a very minimum once a month). I was brought up an atheist, meddled in the paranormal and mediumship through my teenage years and then came to Christ in 2013 at the age of 23. When my friends or work colleagues ask if I'm religious (seeing my cross necklace most of the time) I always make the point of telling them I don't consider myself religious per-say, nor do I like the idea of religion (far too institutionalised and man made for me) - but that I am a Christian. I see being a Christian as being in a active, ongoing relationship with a real, living person. I talk to Jesus most days and nights. Just as if he were with me physically. I don't see it as being religious though.

I also believe that Jesus felt the same. He was extremely controversial for his day and over threw everything the religious authorities of the time practised. He seemed to always refute them and stand in direct opposition to the so called "religious". His friends were the outcasts, the sinners, the lowly. If Jesus were here today I always struggle to imagine him in church on a Sunday morning. Rather sat on the street corner with the homeless beggar, or with the drug addicts making friends.

Of course some may consider themselves religious for being a Christian, and that is perfectly fine. But, it just doesn't sit right for me, personally.
Old 18-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Are you saying Jesus is better than Buddha? Would Jesus say he was better than Buddha? Would Buddha say he was better than Jesus?

exactly!... i would say Jesus was/is better, because he was the Son of the true God. Jesus was sent ,(John 3:16) by his Father ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). to die for imperfect humans, so that we may live. did buddha die for humans? was he sent by God? if so, then why is it that the whole world isn't taught to follow him? and why is it that throughout the world , as a large group, (not just a few here and there), follows Jesus? peace
Old 18-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
exactly!... i would say Jesus was/is better, because he was the Son of the true God. Jesus was sent ,(John 3:16) by his Father ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). to die for imperfect humans, so that we may live. did buddha die for humans? was he sent by God? if so, then why is it that the whole world isn't taught to follow him? and why is it that throughout the world , as a large group, (not just a few here and there), follows Jesus? peace

How sad that some have to weigh two beautiful enlightened beings against each other. I use to pick the best sweets when I was a child, I weighed mine up againsts my playmates but as I matured spiritually and physically I realised that not all sweets tasted the same to everyone.
Now I prefer to take the good from ALL Spiritual Teachers, ( You will know them by their fruits ) .
Different times and different cultures percieve God in their own way and bring a beautiful mix of ideas into ' Oneness ' their own individuality.
Would Jesus respect and understand or would he get his scales out?