Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 15-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Ascender
I see what your trying to do and the theory is sound but your not in a place to be able to do that on a practical level yet. It's not working cos your going about it from an external perspective. Start by accepting your own dark aspects. If you can't do that from an internal perspective then trying to link to external dark aspects is just asking for trouble. And by refusing to let go of them your preferencing the dark over the light. You can accept both but they can never be truly equal within manifested reality... duality is a battle for ascendency. If there is no ascendency then the opposites cancel each other out and there is no reality. There is always an alignment one way or the other. You choose a primary nature and a secondary nature. That creates harmony. It's not superiority though. It's balance.
Old 15-12-2016, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
I see what your trying to do and the theory is sound but your not in a place to be able to do that on a practical level yet. It's not working cos your going about it from an external perspective. Start by accepting your own dark aspects. If you can't do that from an internal perspective then trying to link to external dark aspects is just asking for trouble. And by refusing to let go of them your preferencing the dark over the light. You can accept both but they can never be truly equal within manifested reality... duality is a battle for ascendency. If there is no ascendency then the opposites cancel each other out and there is no reality. There is always an alignment one way or the other. You choose a primary nature and a secondary nature. That creates harmony. It's not superiority though. It's balance.
I agree with what I am able to understand of this, but it isn't a lot.

Although, having said that I have become mellowed a bit lately and have gone from loving Shiva in 'Dark Aspect' to loving Shiva in 'Simple Aspect' - we call that Bholenath or 'innocent Shiva' and Asutosha which we call 'benevolent Shiva' ...so that process is already underway.

There's just something about Dark Shiva being the 'destroyer of ignorance' and the 'slayer of pride' and things we only see as bad/negative because we're coming from this mindset in the first place.

For example, even though this is for all intents and purposes a fictional dramatisation of events that occurred within the Hindu holy scriptures...according to them, this is how it happens...and I don't know why it is my heart leaps with joy every time I recall it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tjARuCswg8

Let's put this another way...Shiva is the 'god of destruction' and the Lord of Time (Maha Kala)...Maha Kala is the 'better half' of Maha Kali...

Shiva is, for all intents and purposes a 'dark god' anyway...and the teachings are all part of the 'left-hand path' of Hinduism...I am really attracted to the left-hand teachings which have been lost because people think they are 'bad' or 'evil'...I worship the Hindu form of 'Satan' if you want to put it that way...

I also cannot 'stop' doing it just like that...because it is something I feel very deeply and very deeply about.

It's something that I have seen and had visions of from a very early age...

It is like a gargoyle...now why do some old churches have gargoyles?

Gargoyles are the 'protectors' of the sacred and they are 'evil' just to scare those away who have bad intentions or who would bring bad vibrations into a place...it's a case where 'good' actually employs 'evil' for the 'greater good'...and this is Bhairava - the Darkness that comes out of the Light:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/E9B932/temp...sia-E9B932.jpg

Whenever I saw one of these, I would fall at its feet drowning in tears of love...ever since I was about 12...

Maha Kala may seem very wrathful, vengeful, frightening and ugly to some but not to me and Shiva's 'dark side' may seem evil to some, but not to me.

I agree with you that I need to overcome the whole nature of duality internally first before I can externalise it, but I still feel the love and cannot be the love I am only feeling...I don't know if anybody can really help me with that though because it's a personal thing.
Old 15-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Master
the sword won't slay anything "true", it will simply divide truth from
falseness. it's a sword of light that dispels darkness by being itself.
the labeling of something as evil may be a shaming technique...
designed to delay/prevent the use of it by creatures which feel
ashamed, and fear exposure in the light of true perception.
it may also be a test of your personal resolve and trust.
Old 15-12-2016, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the sword won't slay anything "true", it will simply divide truth from
falseness. it's a sword of light that dispels darkness by being itself.
the labeling of something as evil may be a shaming technique...
designed to delay/prevent the use of it by creatures which feel
ashamed, and fear exposure in the light of true perception.
it may also be a test of your personal resolve and trust.
The sword can also divide truth from itself to create falseness..

Everything you said is also very true and the sword of truth is also the sword of discrimination, being able to divide milk from water...

...just like Hamsa the Swan.

Now, Hamsa (discrimination) is the Cosmic Mount of Lord Brahma, the Creator.

One day, Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were having an argument over who was technically 'The Creator'...the one who made the Universe? or the one who made the maker of the Universe?

The argument was so loud and heated, it disturbed Lord Shiva's meditation.

So, Lord Shiva arrived on the scene and both the other Gods (the other two of the Trimurti) said to Him, "oh Maha Deva, please settle this one for us, who is the 'REAL God' here...thanks".

With that, Lord Shiva transformed into a very bright, infinite and endless pillar of Light which is called, in Sanskrit, the Jyotir Lingam or the "Mark of the Endless Light of Knowledge" or just 'Shiva's penis', but anyway..

Lord Shiva said to them both "He who can find the end of this column of luminosity will be officially crowned "God of ALL Time".

So both set off in opposite directions (if there was any 'opposite direction') and tried to find the end of it - Lord Brahma riding Hamsa and Lord Vishnu on Garuda....gone for aeons they both were...almost 4 whole Yugas they were gone...I mean, what is time to an immortal, right?

After all this, Vishnu gave up and stopped, falling prostrate at Shiva's feet saying "you win, it is YOU...it is your Ultimate Form...I am nothing compared to it" and Lord Vishnu became blessed, whilst Lord Brahma went; "what an easy task...I have found the end of it and it's over in that direction" and made fun of Lord Vishnu, asking Shiva to crown him the greatest God of all three.

It was then, Shiva became furious...and out of the endless pillar of Light...out of all that was good, came the darkest of forms...beyond dark it was (Digambara) and that form is called Bhairava.

Now, Bhairava had a sword - the sword of experiential knowledge and beheaded Lord Brahma - cutting off one of his four heads...that of pride, arrogance and deception. Brahma's own mount understood more than Brahma did that day.

Because Brahma was a Brahmin, Lord Bhairava had to carry his head around with him for seven years as a constant reminder of what he had done.

This story is highly symbolic and also features regularly through my life.

...and yes, it is a test of my personal resolve and trust.

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Old 15-12-2016, 05:47 AM
Master
There's also something more now that a higher being just reminded me of.

It happened about 5 years ago and at the start of this current re-awakening and I totally forgot about it, until I was just reminded.

I have just been told that this...this is what I need to carry around until I get it through my mind and heart:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...60&postcount=9

I am in the second photo standing on the right.

There was no way this photo could have been faked using any method to fake it - I have had many experts study it.

I tend to forget such important things, but there you have it and there I have it.
Old 15-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
The Necromancer: The sword can also divide truth from itself
to create falseness... the sword of truth is also the sword of discrimination....
the use the sword is put to is left for you to determine. YOU can discriminate
in how you employ it's power. the sword is a tool, the wielder holds the intentions.
Old 16-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i empathize with much of your story The Necromancer.
what strategy can you employ to make the changes you desire?
given the knowledge that doing things has the effect of
causing mini-disasters?
it seems a posture of not doing is called for... allow.
i agree with dryad that you are "supposed to be love";
be true to your own nature and things will come into order for you.
release the idea that you are in misery; it is a self definition.

Good afternoon H:O:R:A:C:E

Saw a little blue light while reading this, wonder why that was
Old 16-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Master

Hi Necromancer!

The other day you were saying something to me about how if I believed what I was saying that would be my limitation?

but there is an awful lot of purely incorrect information going around... people think things are a certain way but people are very largely wrong.

For example (and I'm off on a partial tangent here and I know it) I look at somethin glike JFK's 'illness' and inability to participate very well in something he loved - football, not as a sign for dismay for him but as a very positive thing that he was being 'shown' the way to real strength. Not this fake thing that passes for strength in society.

Another thing about JFK was his death. How sad? No really, how happy, it gave people exactly what they needed! I think truth be told it probably gave JFK something he needed as well (this in the life goes beyond the body sense). So in my mind it wasn't a sad situation, it was good all around.

Sorry I'm on a JFK kick this month, must be the JACKIE movie lol!

but what I'm saying is you look at your ailments and fume, I look at your description of your ailments and know exactly the same thing I know from all your other writing: you are an advanced soul, helping show the way in your own way. In my mind, if it weren't so, you wouldn't be so 'afflicted'. It is just that, by your own admission you are jsut as confused as the rest of us, not even knowing what it is you are supposed to be showing!

As far as not being able to externalise you said it yourself in a recent post: the whole point of the way you go about meditating has been teachin gyou to internalize. You are a long way down that road, of course it will take time to go back.
Old 16-12-2016, 09:29 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
but what I'm saying is you look at your ailments and fume, I look at your description of your ailments and know exactly the same thing I know from all your other writing: you are an advanced soul, helping show the way in your own way. In my mind, if it weren't so, you wouldn't be so 'afflicted'. It is just that, by your own admission you are jsut as confused as the rest of us, not even knowing what it is you are supposed to be showing!

I like this. A lot.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 17-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon Necromancer

I wouldn't worry about it to much necro you'll get to where your going and it's not rare as it seems.

Your just taking one of the gentle ways, may not seem so.

Somethings are very deep seated and take time to come to the front, each builds on it self to help you on the way.

Have fun and enjoy