Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Pathfinder

Question Gratitude

Hi

I started to write a daily gratitude list of the things that i am grateful for within my day, however, I realise today that things happens the way around.

I thought when we are grateful for the things, they will happen to increase and we will see more of them. But, today , I realise the opposite happens!

I was grateful for something and the opposite happens which I am not grateful for

Any idea why is this happening?
Old 28-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Master

Opposites attract!

Old 28-08-2019, 01:50 PM
ImthatIm

I have found gratefulness is a discipline and a practice.

It is easy to list things you agree with and be grateful.

The discipline is to find gratefulness in the things you disagree with.

So even if you find stuff agreeable or disagreeable you can always be grateful and thankful.

My starting base for gratefulness is:

Rock
Fire
Water
Green
Old 28-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
they will happen to increase and we will see more of them
I didn't think keeping a journal was for this. I thought it was to help to see what positive things we have in our life, to try and appreciate them. The so called simple things in life like a nice meal, going for a walk or the sun shining for example.
Old 28-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
Hi

I started to write a daily gratitude list of the things that i am grateful for within my day, however, I realise today that things happens the way around.

I thought when we are grateful for the things, they will happen to increase and we will see more of them. But, today , I realise the opposite happens!

I was grateful for something and the opposite happens which I am not grateful for

Your beliefs, thoughts and emotions generate thought-forms that materialize likewise situations, not your words, nor your intentions. You may say or write that you're grateful for something, but you might know it isn't so, or you might be afraid it isn't so, then ... that materializes.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Gratitude

Life happens which is not what you would expect.
Old 22-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have found gratefulness is a discipline and a practice.

It is easy to list things you agree with and be grateful.

The discipline is to find gratefulness in the things you disagree with.

So even if you find stuff agreeable or disagreeable you can always be grateful and thankful.
I just saw this Oprah interview with Bro David Steinl-Rast focusing on 'gratitude'. Topnotch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxT-mZi1bU
Old 26-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
Hi

I can give you a simple explanation, a simple exercise, if you wish:

Take an object (it does not matter what it is, for this example) in your right hand.

Stand up, and bring your arms in the Horizontal position. Stretch them so that you need to move your head to right, if you want to see the right hand, or to the left, if you want to see the left hand.

For this exercise, your head symbolizes your attention, your focus.

Now, while standing, arms stretched, look at the right hand, holding this (let us use a ) golden pencil.

Notice how, when being grateful, you are directing your attention to this pencil.

In the other hand, you hold nothing. But in your left hand is your gratefullness and happiness.

When you are grateful, you are directing your attention and expectation towards this pencil. But, what you really want to be, is, to be Happy.

So whenever you reach the place of the pencil, suddenly the opposite happens.

The explanation is simple: Things can not make you happy. They are a BONUS, and a welcome bonus, but they can not make you happy.

The opposite happens, because if you place your happiness on the THING, when the THING is suddenly GONE, then your happiness is GONE too.
So for what are you really grateful, if you look at it, in this way ?

it is a simple logic.

But look on your left hand, it holds nothing.

If you are Grateful, then you are happy. Your left hand is holding the Truth: Nothing can make you happy, but nothing can take away your happiness, as well.

(when i say "nothing can make you happy" i mean "you can be happy, having or having not things")

Gratitude for things is temporary, because it helps you to get out of a negative state.

But when you are in a negative state, it means that you are not happy. Gratitude, then, for an object, is only a crutch to help you get into the happy place.

Direct your Gratitude towards happiness.
Old 26-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
I can give you a simple explanation, a simple exercise, if you wish:

Take an object (it does not matter what it is, for this example) in your right hand.

Stand up, and bring your arms in the Horizontal position. Stretch them so that you need to move your head to right, if you want to see the right hand, or to the left, if you want to see the left hand.

For this exercise, your head symbolizes your attention, your focus.

Now, while standing, arms stretched, look at the right hand, holding this (let us use a ) golden pencil.

Notice how, when being grateful, you are directing your attention to this pencil.

In the other hand, you hold nothing. But in your left hand is your gratefullness and happiness.

When you are grateful, you are directing your attention and expectation towards this pencil. But, what you really want to be, is, to be Happy.

So whenever you reach the place of the pencil, suddenly the opposite happens.

The explanation is simple: Things can not make you happy. They are a BONUS, and a welcome bonus, but they can not make you happy.

The opposite happens, because if you place your happiness on the THING, when the THING is suddenly GONE, then your happiness is GONE too.
So for what are you really grateful, if you look at it, in this way ?

it is a simple logic.

But look on your left hand, it holds nothing.

If you are Grateful, then you are happy. Your left hand is holding the Truth: Nothing can make you happy, but nothing can take away your happiness, as well.

(when i say "nothing can make you happy" i mean "you can be happy, having or having not things")

Gratitude for things is temporary, because it helps you to get out of a negative state.

But when you are in a negative state, it means that you are not happy. Gratitude, then, for an object, is only a crutch to help you get into the happy place.

Direct your Gratitude towards happiness.
Great, very idea-rich 'thought experiment', Dan!

I have recently been practicing more pointedly 'directing' my 'gratitude' (i.e. appreciation, enjoyment, feelings of being opportunity-gifted, etc.) towards the very fact that I am alive and am engaged with and can further engage with (marry?) aspects of ongoing Life - like being a river or ocean with all sorts of surf-able waves and fellow fishies :) - note: this is 'tied' with awareness that this Fluid-Flow-event (Life Itself!) is ever-ongoing and not something that I can 'lose' (like the 'golden pencil'). The only shift in 'attititude' such 'gratitude' sometimes requires is my choosing (which I often 'forget' to do) to 'see' (and so expeerience!) what I am engaged with/to for the Christmass 'party' (click this link to 'see' what I mean here) that it really is.

A meme I created which plays with the above concept:

WOOHOO!
Old 26-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Master

Gratitude is wonderful. Just that it makes sense when it is directed concretely to somebody and something. A fuzzy, wide open, gratitude just implies that you abdicate from your role of (co-)creator of your realty, and expect some external power to do it benevolently for you. I believe that not to be useful.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.