Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Out of Body Experience

Hello all,

I just registered a couple days ago because I came upon this site and it piqued my interest. I would like to tell a story of my out of body experience and hear from those who have had one as well ( or just opinions from anyone ). I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I'm a 33 year old male. About 4 years ago I went to bed. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The speed at which I rose from my bed and entered the bathroom caused my blood pressure to get out of whack. As I was standing in front of the toilet I could feel myself about to pass out. Next thing I know I'm in a black space. I look to my left and there is a figure dressed in a white robe with the hoodie part on it's head. There was a bright light coming from where it's face would be. It motioned next to it. As if it was telling me to do something. I look to the right of it and there is an oval mirror. I could see a blue sky and white clouds within the mirror. As I panned back to the figure and looked back at the mirror, I was floating towards the mirror. I didn't want to go but I had no choice. As I stepped inside the mirror, I awoke on my bathroom floor gasping for air. When I passed out, my head hit the edge of the wall behind me leaving a huge hole. The oxygen to my brain stopped. I know this because as I was gasping for air, I felt such a high. A high that no drug can produce. A high that only comes from losing oxygen to the brain then getting it back. The next morning I went online to see if I could find a photo of the figure I saw. I found one. And it was God. I about passed out again. I didn't know God was portrayed with a white robe and a light coming from his face. That experience has changed my life forever. I believe in my heart I saw him. And he brought me back when only medical devices should have. I've seen ancillary signs since that experience that confirms the experience was real. I'd like to hear what this community thinks.

Thank you
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceistheanswer27
Hello all,

I just registered a couple days ago because I came upon this site and it piqued my interest. I would like to tell a story of my out of body experience and hear from those who have had one as well ( or just opinions from anyone ). I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I'm a 33 year old male. About 4 years ago I went to bed. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The speed at which I rose from my bed and entered the bathroom caused my blood pressure to get out of whack. As I was standing in front of the toilet I could feel myself about to pass out. Next thing I know I'm in a black space. I look to my left and there is a figure dressed in a white robe with the hoodie part on it's head. There was a bright light coming from where it's face would be. It motioned next to it. As if it was telling me to do something. I look to the right of it and there is an oval mirror. I could see a blue sky and white clouds within the mirror. As I panned back to the figure and looked back at the mirror, I was floating towards the mirror. I didn't want to go but I had no choice. As I stepped inside the mirror, I awoke on my bathroom floor gasping for air. When I passed out, my head hit the edge of the wall behind me leaving a huge hole. The oxygen to my brain stopped. I know this because as I was gasping for air, I felt such a high. A high that no drug can produce. A high that only comes from losing oxygen to the brain then getting it back. The next morning I went online to see if I could find a photo of the figure I saw. I found one. And it was God. I about passed out again. I didn't know God was portrayed with a white robe and a light coming from his face. That experience has changed my life forever. I believe in my heart I saw him. And he brought me back when only medical devices should have. I've seen ancillary signs since that experience that confirms the experience was real. I'd like to hear what this community thinks.

Thank you

wow thats amazing. i can't really reply to every aspect of this and others probably are better at summing up what they feel about your experience. but a few things struck me as significant (Actually the whole thing is very positive i would think)
The mirror as yourself,mirrors being our reflection and stepping into ourself, and your self was blue sky in there. that's very positive about yourself i think as suggesting you're looked on favourably by God.

the face of God being like light. gospel of thomas

Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light.
it might as well say 'face' instead of 'image'

this probably means you have stuff he wants you to do and its really sounding like you're on the right track
Old 12-07-2019, 03:28 AM
Master
WRONG FORUM.

This is the Christian Forum. Look around, there's an NDE and OBE forum.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
WRONG FORUM.

Good afternoon Morpheus

Leave the kid alone they are doing no harm.

The mods will sort it out when they spot it.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Morpheus

Leave the kid alone they are doing no harm.

The mods will sort it out when they spot it.

However, the gospel of thomas is not Christian Canon.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Master
Quote:

Of course The Gospel of Thomas is Christian just as much as the NT.
Old 13-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Good afternoon Morpheus

Maybe, maybe not, yet at the same time it hits home in a lot of ways, but then again I suppose that comes down to how one see things
Old 13-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
WRONG FORUM.

Would I be right/wrong If I said that the Holy Ghost can initiate an OBE?
Old 14-07-2019, 12:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Davidmartin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. And thank you for those positive affirmations. I do feel as if I am on the right track. I am in training to be a pastor. I initially wanted to enter politics but something about it didnt feel right. Last year I did some soul-searching and realized God wants me to preach his word. So that's what I'm doing.

Take care
Old 14-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceistheanswer27
Davidmartin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. And thank you for those positive affirmations. I do feel as if I am on the right track. I am in training to be a pastor. I initially wanted to enter politics but something about it didnt feel right. Last year I did some soul-searching and realized God wants me to preach his word. So that's what I'm doing.

Take care

Apostle Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:1–4, “I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows.

Many Saints also seem to have had OBE's according to their accounts.