Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
All true paths are just a means to an end and that end is liberation. Liberation not of the person, but from the person.

Godspeed to all.

That looks like a goodbye forum post. 600 posts at age 60 years. Godspeed to you too.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:12 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That looks like a goodbye forum post. 600 posts at age 60 years. Godspeed to you too.

I didn't even notice the post count. LOL!

I wasn't sure if it was a farewell post so I included Godspeed. However I am sure I've been way too active posting but I'm also sure I needed it for a time. Now that the intensity has subsided my intuition tells me I have to be more focused on the walk and not the talk. I also have a lot of reading queued up.

I have another reply or two in this thread and then I'll be scarce. I have no clue how scarce and the truth is I had no intention of starting this thread until after meditating last night.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 11-12-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
Good words.

A lot of people find this, including me, fear this liberation from the person. May be they are not ready ? Or maybe their perception of liberation is wrong ? Or maybe they dont want to lose the person to achieve something in physical world ?

What would you day about that.
My very recent post. Fear from realizing the TRUTH, the SELF.

Have a read if you have time. Youll get the context

The best way I can explain it from my experience is where does one live, in reflected consciousness or witness consciousness? The 'I' shifts from the prior to the latter.

So the person is still there. Nothing's changed in that respect. What does change is ego is moved out of the driver's seat and into the back seat.

For a while I was there 100% of the time. That's slipped a bit but even when it slips I eventually regain that level of awareness soon enough. That's why I want to focus on the walk instead of the talk. Where I'm at now I suspect a catastrophe might not be so easily overcome or recovered from.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:53 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I agree more with your Bruce Lee quote

It's still applicable to the person aspect. Living doesn't cease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Is your statement, as your Bruce Lee quote advises, based on your own experience, or you repeat an idea you learned from somewhere, and subscribe to?

Both but it's interesting. I was experiencing it while meditating mostly for secular benefits but didn't fully understand. Then I heard it explained and began to grasp its significance. After another few weeks it exploded on my consciousness and shook me to the core.

How it was explained was opening up a little bit of space between awareness and body-mind. Experiencing the difference between what I now understand to be witness consciousness and reflected consciousness. I had been calling them consciousness with a small "c" (reflected) and big "C" (witness).

So it's just taking it one step further to say liberation isn't of the person but from the person. A shift in identification of the "I" from reflected consciousness to witness consciousness. If one is not body-mind then whatever befalls body-mind is of no consequence.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's still applicable to the person aspect. Living doesn't cease.

Both but it's interesting. I was experiencing it while meditating mostly for secular benefits but didn't fully understand. Then I heard it explained and began to grasp its significance. After another few weeks it exploded on my consciousness and shook me to the core.

How it was explained was opening up a little bit of space between awareness and body-mind. Experiencing the difference between what I now understand to be witness consciousness and reflected consciousness. I had been calling them consciousness with a small "c" (reflected) and big "C" (witness).

So it's just taking it one step further to say liberation isn't of the person but from the person. A shift in identification of the "I" from reflected consciousness to witness consciousness. If one is not body-mind then whatever befalls body-mind is of no consequence.

Thanks for your explanation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.