Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-10-2011, 06:31 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I know, everyone just wants to come across as 'knowing what love is', but I can see they still pretend they themselves love in greater fashion than the violent person, then that leads to 'you don't know what love is' (and I do).

I'm sorry, I should have phrased that "according to my personal experiences and beliefs" ... also according to Anthony De Mello, as I borrowed from his ideas since they resonated with my experience.

Are you being abused? Are you abusing someone? I was married to an abuser. He certainly would have said he loved me, but he didn't. To love is see someone with clarity. He created an image of me that suited his purposes, but wasn't me. Then, when I did not fulfill his expectations and needs, he would get more and more controlling, manipulative and abusive. Because he depended on me staying in a certain "role" and any deviation from that role made him feel threatened and insecure.

Did I love him? Yes; I still do. I see him with perfect clarity. I understand why he did what he did, and my heart hurts for him, that he can't see that the love he is seeking has always been inside himself. He has had my forgiveness for years now and I hold no resentment or anger towards him. I just choose.. prefer... not to live with him any longer.
Old 13-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
The person in question was Metasynthesis.

He said no one had the right to love him- and he would destroy them if they did.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAA - good one.

Well, someone had to appreciate that...someone who knows meta! Or, should I say, knew meta.
Old 13-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
The person in question was Metasynthesis.

He said no one had the right to love him- and he would destroy them if they did.

Is that dude still around? I used to kinda like his input. If you are reading, I love you Meta. Guess I should run for the hills now hehe.

Just for the record, I dont have any issue with the idea that love is the source of all things, that love is the energy of creation, that God is love and that love is all there is. But then Im probably a bit of an idealist and suffer a bit from guru-itis hehe.
Old 14-10-2011, 04:29 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It's all well and good to suppose that "love' is the cause of it all", but.. there is no consensus for what the word 'Love' means. Speculation seasoned with rationalization, for the benefit of supporting a preference, is a time-honored tradition, and.. if someone's preference is to believe that Love is the source of all things, or that 'Love is all there is', there are many and far worse preferences.. my concern with that belief regards the irrational claim that it is 'true and accurate'.

It is 'my' process to listen, as clearly as i can, to what people say and believe.. and, to sense the 'energies' that intend their words and meanings.. what i have noticed is, that the word 'Love' is a highly charged word, energetically and emotionally.. but, i am most interested in clarity, in being able to understand the fundamental 'cause and effect' of a 'happening' that has real and genuine effects on reality, and.. the diversities of people's beliefs about the word 'Love' have an observable and experiencable effect on reality..

I experience Life and the entirety of all that i understand and experience, as a function of Energy and Consciousness.. Energy as the 'clay' and Consciousness as the 'potter'.. accounting for the limitless creations of clay available to the potter, potential and curiosity of its possibility inspire the activity of exploration.. and, exploration utilizes time and space through which the 'potter' discovers its potential, made known as the diversity of its creations..

In order for 'Love', as a conceptual understanding and possibly a fundamental principle, to find consensus of meaning, it would be advantageous for people to be willing to examine the concept of 'Love' with clarity, and.. for me, that begins with other fundamental and basic understandings, for instance.. i understand that all that is, is energy vibrating at frequencies manifesting whatever it 'is'.. as i pondered the relationship between 'Love' and Energy, i found my mind slipping into a familiar 'stillness, where the observations, sensations, and experiences are minimally affected by thought processes which are suspended in the mind that is still and quiet.. there are observable/experiencable synchronizations that happen when the word 'Love' is used to describe conditions, situations, and emotions..

Each individually functioning version of of the Whole, which is itself a collective function of its individually functioning versions, is a unique collection of energies vibrating at frequencies that manifest a unique Symphony of Energies, which i like to call a person's 'Soul Song'.. Each person's Soul Song radiates or broadcasts from their tangible physical presence, and carries with it such information as the person's intentions, their energetic state: chaotic, grounded, calm, agitated, defensive, qualities that relate to the person's connection with Life and their environment, including health..

A person's Soul Song radiates at the energetic level, and is frequently unnoticed by the cluttered or overactive mind.. equally important, is the understanding that we also sense the Soul Songs of the Universe, more strongly from what is nearest, or what we are most attached to, energetically.. as we move through Life we are constantly interacting with Life and people at the energetic level, and our Soul Songs reach out back and forth, before our minds even register interaction.. information has been exchanged, and our personal energy fields respond.. there is resonance, dissonance, coherence, interference, and synchronization/entrainment.. this process of energetic relationships happens continuously, and is a profound source of understanding.. if we have the ability to access and understand the process..

This energetic relationship between individuals, between individuals and Life, and between the Whole of it all, takes a Universe of individual Soul Songs and creates a Chorus of such overwhelming magnificence that the Hindu's simply called it Om or Aum, a single collective Energetic Sound, that birthed all that 'is'.. so, we as humans sense when our Soul Songs resonate with another, with Life and with the Whole, and.. we needed a word, a word that related on some deep and profound level of our awareness that there was a resonating relationship.. that relationship can be trivial, as in i Love warm bread pudding, but there's an energetic resonance there.. that relationship can be deeply personal, as a two 'Lovers' explore each other's forevers.. and, that relationship can be between us, as individually functioning versions of the Whole, and the Whole itself, and.. when we experience that energetic resonance, that expanding awareness of energies in Symphonic Bliss, we use that special word we invented, we 'Love'..

Be well..
Old 14-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Humm

Very beautiful post Tzu.

Thanks for sharing it.
Old 14-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I'm sorry, I should have phrased that "according to my personal experiences and beliefs" ... also according to Anthony De Mello, as I borrowed from his ideas since they resonated with my experience.

Are you being abused? Are you abusing someone? I was married to an abuser. He certainly would have said he loved me, but he didn't. To love is see someone with clarity. He created an image of me that suited his purposes, but wasn't me. Then, when I did not fulfill his expectations and needs, he would get more and more controlling, manipulative and abusive. Because he depended on me staying in a certain "role" and any deviation from that role made him feel threatened and insecure.

Did I love him? Yes; I still do. I see him with perfect clarity. I understand why he did what he did, and my heart hurts for him, that he can't see that the love he is seeking has always been inside himself. He has had my forgiveness for years now and I hold no resentment or anger towards him. I just choose.. prefer... not to live with him any longer.

I don't blame you either, no one wants to be abused and manipulated.

I can relate to your ex more easily that I'd like to admit, but never imposed an image on anyone, contrarily I'm used to validate other's self imagery and serve as an instrument of comparison, and have been told the love which is inate of me isn't 'real love'.

Luckily, I know this love is love, but I'm no more loving than anyone else, neither are you, nor are these ones who say 'we are love' or 'love is God' or 'Love is the cause of everything'... and no matter how much one elates the vision of love, there is no love besides this feeling.

When people suggest this feeling is not true love real love unconditional love or any other adjectively prefixed grandure, then 'this' isn't good enough and needs be 'something more'.

I have no notions and resent people making scalar discerments. I'm as loving as these preachers of love, and not moreso than anyone else, so in my view, and in your case, can't see you as more loving than your ex, for if I did I'd only be making myself the most loving of all as I invent that scalar quantity.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAA - good one.

Well, someone had to appreciate that...someone who knows meta! Or, should I say, knew meta.

Hee- I didn't think anyone would forget him! Suddenly things are falling into place girlfriend. You know I forgot all about those days!
Old 14-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Is that dude still around? I used to kinda like his input. If you are reading, I love you Meta. Guess I should run for the hills now hehe.

Just for the record, I dont have any issue with the idea that love is the source of all things, that love is the energy of creation, that God is love and that love is all there is. But then Im probably a bit of an idealist and suffer a bit from guru-itis hehe.

I'm the one who 'heals' that condition. Lol
Old 14-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g

You always love the incorigibles Andrew. Can't say I blame ya.

Meta morphed into The Messiah. He was on facebook eating fish and bread, and washing it down with vino last time I checked.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Master
I really enjoyed him too......except for when he was obnoxious but man what a brilliant mind he had...........