Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 02-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leora
But is it really okay to abandon everything I know about religion according to these spiritually enlightened people?

Has religion really become such a broken/skewed or even false thing?
According to me, yes absolutely. According to you, sounds like no. And there's your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leora
I've been a bit confused and unsure lately.
You don't sound confused, at all. Reading your post, it seems clear what your opinion on the matter is, and where it is you stand. As for your thread topic title, nobody "tells us" to do anything. If that's the issue -- if you feel there are people telling you things you don't want to hear -- then just don't listen!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Experiencer
"if you feel there are people telling you things you don't want to hear -- then just don't listen!"

I find this very difficult, as I'm naturally a very good listener, so I absorb everything people say to me. This might make some people think I'm taking things too personally, but for me, that's the only way I can take them. I can't just tune out my natural feelings like most people seem to be able to, and as a result, I become much more frustrated, much more easily, than the average person.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Experiencer
I'm pretty sure we are only told (by so many sources) to forget/abandon religion so that the people telling us such a thing can feel a certain way about religion, a way they desire to feel. When a person wants to feel a certain way, he/she says certain things in an attempt to generate that feeling, and when another person agrees with what the first person says, the first person feels good about himself/herself. This is actually pretty selfish behavior, as a state of "feeling good" for one person, or even a group of people, might very well lead to detrimental results for other people. When someone tells you to forget/abandon religion, he/she is only trying to make himself/herself feel good about what he/she has to say, he/she is not saying such things because it is really the most helpful advice he/she can give.

To be less abstract, I think religion can be a good or bad thing depending on how it is used. Religion as a "crutch" is a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned. Certain groups present religion as a crutch and I think this is ultimately to the detriment of the participating individual, as a sense of personal power is lost through using religion as a crutch. On the other hand, religion can be used to increase personal power, which is how I think it should be used. Some of the most powerful people in history have used religion in this way, and regardless if their actions are deemed good or bad by other people, such powerful people have used religion to their advantage, which I think is very wise/smart/clever
Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Master

never mind...
Old 06-10-2018, 11:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
so if a person is trying to feel good and shares what they think in order to try to do so that is bad, but if a person can manage to use religion as a tool to get what they want that is wise smart clever and good?

I just think feeling good at the expense of others is a bad thing, that doesn't mean people sharing what they think is an inherently bad thing, it can be a good thing, but also a bad thing. It depends on the person's intentions. As for using religion as a tool/device to get what you want, this is always going to be a good thing because not only do you get what you want, but others will see that you are getting what you want by using religion as a tool/device, which will make those people want to do the same thing. This idea can spread exponentially, leading to an increase in personal power for more (if not all) people.