Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Dawn

When you remember a past life what does it feel like?

Just an odd little question and wondering if anyone else 'feels' this too.
When you're about to remember a past life, or are remembering one, what does it feel like?
It took me a while to get use to it when it first started happening for me. (Of course, I told myself that I wanted to remember my past lives, and since then, every now and then, they come up, like a forgotten childhood memory does. You can be in the middle of nothing at all and it'll just bubble up into your mind.)
You know the feeling you get when there's something you know you should remember, but just can't quite remember it? Like it's right on the tip of your tongue? (Or, in this case, tip of your mind.) That's what it's like for me.
Also, it 'feels' like it comes from the back of my head (not just from the back of my mind), whereas when I'm imagining something (I'm a writer and artist) that 'feels' like it comes from the front of my head.

So, for you, what does it feel like? Is it the same or different?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Sira

I used to remember my past lives through feelings related to them. For years I only accessed ones where I experienced not so comfy paths, but during the last year I have started accessing "power lives" and it feels great because I thought that I had missed them altogether. These power lives I feel as energy and sometimes I "wear them" when I go out. My favourite energy is the Egyptian Queen energy, you also feel a lot taller than normally, when you wear that energy.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
I used to remember my past lives through feelings related to them. For years I only accessed ones where I experienced not so comfy paths, but during the last year I have started accessing "power lives" and it feels great because I thought that I had missed them altogether. These power lives I feel as energy and sometimes I "wear them" when I go out. My favourite energy is the Egyptian Queen energy, you also feel a lot taller than normally, when you wear that energy.

O.o Wow! Interesting!
Thank you most kindly for sharing!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Summerland

Dawn, if you are having a hard time putting it together, take what you know and play some relaxing music. Then get out a pen and writing paper; let flow!
There is a novelist that I have read who has channeled her books from past life memories. Of course, I am not suggesting that you write a book (unless you want to ) But it might be the glue that you need to put it together.
Past lives can be very painful, Dawn. Just know that ahead of time.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Master
Hi Dawn

They can come in different ways from my experience..

Here are some of my experiences hope it helps.
When mine started in was in the day time .. like watching a movie unfold ..
I have had them in dreams and then confirmation from others who saw me in a particular life.
Some times it is a knowing...
Other times its a quick flash like a photo.
Once I saw while lying in bed a dimension open up and people in color where walking around doing things.
Sometimes a past life may be presented if a soul is being taken off its soul journey by others with ill intent.
There are as I stated above many different ways.

I think past lives are in the main important for some to know to aid in whatever it is they are to do in this life. Or to resolve and help with understanding of certain situations by guides of Light.

Blessings
:)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Ciqala

Well let's see... of course the initial remembering feels cool and all, but it's not very beneficial. If you want to explore the past life, you have to go with the flow, not try and remember!

Whenever i feel something it is annoying to me at times regarding past life memories You see, feeling things and having emotions crop up about the situation, and recognizing someone usually leads me to try to remember where i know them from, forcing remembrance only interferes with my vivid experience of naturally remembering. It is sort of like, if you think about a spirit guide from your past life for too long and they are standing in front of you, they just disappear because your mind is totally ruining the experience. And if you let your mind think about where you may know them from, it interferes with the process of them taking you there, because you are no longer naturally going with the flow.
Now, if i just simply went along with it - no feeling or thoughts involved, just paying attention, that is when i get a full blown experience of memory of my past lives.
Instead of spastically letting my mind run away from me, saying "oh my god how exciting, this is so familiar, where do i know this from, now i must look back into my brain to try and remember it more!" That tactic doesn't work for me. I have to just go with it, then i see what i am supposed to see, and so amazingly. Feelings and thoughts get in my way lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Sangress

I re-live the experience as a flashback, just as anyone else would relating to memories of this life alone.

It's often very vivid, but I can keep it to a dull emotion and "withhold" the entire flashback for however long is necessary, which is good because I often prefer to be in meditation and alone when re-living past life memories/experiences.

The flashback itself can be limited to only one or two physical senses, or be a single emotion, but when an altered consciousness state happens like...lets say meditation or trance or sleep, the memory will re-play itself in complete detail as though I am back in my previous life.

I've also learned ways of "switching off" the direct emotional input that occurs during the flashbacks, which helps when I want to be able to pay attention with a lucid and clear mind while something unpleasant (like death or injuries...etc) is happening.

Of course, it doesn't stop the grief after, or the emotions that come with the knowledge of ones own past. Those kinds of things are all part of learning from the past.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
So, for you, what does it feel like? Is it the same or different?

I feel my energies changing or notice a shift in my being, like I'm being tuned to a different TV station. Then like Sira it becomes about the feelings. I feel as though I'm that person, that Past Life having that experience and memories at that time. It feels like they are not the memories of someone else, they're mine. I work with feelings and emotions, so I suppose that's what it's really all about for me. I can't and won't detach what I feel from the process because they are my 'link'.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Guide
For me, it came like a flash...

I got to know a man and I felt strangely connected to him... like I had known him for ages and we had battled and loved a lot during centuries... no idea how to describe this... he was older than me, quite a lot, so this attraction felt wrong, he was a friend of my boyfriend...

We went to visit him in his house later and he spoke of things that seemed completely odd and incredible for me, so I flared up and said like joking to him (in spanish): "Yeah, and in some former life you were cortés (spanish for courteous, I meant a romancer applying for a princesses hand) and I was a princess" and he jerked, then very calmly said "you're right". He led me to a picture in his living room - a painting of Hernán Cortés, conqueror of Mexico, and aztec princess Malinche who translated for him. I saw the picture and it was like a flashback, I knew "THIS IS ME!"

There are indications of it in my life - I've always dreamed of being a powerful translator, languages and most of all spanish came to me so naturally it was like being reminded rather than taught... and then that man appeared to me as Singha in a vision... it's clear we have a strong relation and I guess it's that.

One day I will travel to the original places to see how it feels for me to be there. I've now started reading the novel of Laura Esquivel on the Malinche, and it is a thrilling and very imaginative read. I feel much of what she wrote could have been true.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Jemjem1983

I had a past life regression although I did not do this myself. The lady who lead the regression did say to me that some people remember nothing, others everything.

I for one remembered everything, including thinking what the hell am I saying! It was a wonderful experience, especially going to my death which was peaceful, loving and my family that I had lost in my regression were there to guide me. I found it to be like having a dream, but being conscious. If I was doing it myself, like with dreams I would write down my memories straight away before you loose them and then review for common threads.