Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
loverevolution

Familiar souls

Have you ever met someone for the first time and - either instantly, or after getting to know them better - been struck by a realization that you've known them before? I have experienced this a few times, and it's the most uncanny, bizarre feeling. I felt it fairly soon after meeting a guy I worked with, and he later turned out to be a significant person in my life. I've since felt it with another friend I met more recently, and I also feel a magnetic pull towards some people in his circle of friends whom I don't know well but I felt an instant like/dislike (sometimes both, weirdly) for them.

Sometimes the recognition comes on slowly and is more of an inward thing, and in one recent case I met someone and they even looked physically very familiar. In the past I've mistaken the magnetism for sexual attraction but it has now happened with girls as well (and I'm definitely only into guys!) and rather than a sexual thing it usually turns out to be some sort of karmic connection between me and the person....... anyone else know what I'm talking about?!? I often wonder if I'm crazy for this
Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Master
I have met 3 different soul family members in my life. There was Berny about 50 years ago when I was a teen. There was Marion and Paul about 17 years ago.

Each of these relationships involved deep impressions and spiritual bonds.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
star-child

Yes I know what you mean. I feel that the people who draw our attention are special in some way. For example I always see this guy in a town near me, I know he is aware of me too, it feel like I already know him, even though I don't. I hope that one day a circumstance may arise where we are able to talk.

:)
Old 09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
pimser

Familiar Souls

Yes, someone I played bridge with online. We became very close and I knew that he had been someone I had known before. He was actually my son in another life and when I did an LBL I found out he is a memeber of my soul group. He and I joke around a lot with each other between lives, but because we have a strong connection, we often sign up to teach the other a very hard lesson in a coming life. We can do that because we are so close and fun together in eternity, so I guess we feel a hard lesson taught is better coming from someone you really know well in LBL. He is not my soul mate, but in my group. He is a goof-ball. But, then, so am I! :)
Old 10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverevolution
Have you ever met someone for the first time and - either instantly, or after getting to know them better - been struck by a realization that you've known them before? I have experienced this a few times, and it's the most uncanny, bizarre feeling. I felt it fairly soon after meeting a guy I worked with, and he later turned out to be a significant person in my life. I've since felt it with another friend I met more recently, and I also feel a magnetic pull towards some people in his circle of friends whom I don't know well but I felt an instant like/dislike (sometimes both, weirdly) for them.

Sometimes the recognition comes on slowly and is more of an inward thing, and in one recent case I met someone and they even looked physically very familiar. In the past I've mistaken the magnetism for sexual attraction but it has now happened with girls as well (and I'm definitely only into guys!) and rather than a sexual thing it usually turns out to be some sort of karmic connection between me and the person....... anyone else know what I'm talking about?!? I often wonder if I'm crazy for this

You are talking perfect sense!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
CoffeeGem

I know what you mean. I have a cousin like that. Known each other all our lives, and see each other off and on. One day we see each other but 'see each other' in a more familiar way. I was thinking...what could have changed to activate this bond and we've always been around each other. We came in contact again after my spiritual awakening and he recently had an issue with an addiction and went a spiritual awakening of his own. Now, it's clear to both of us that we have a deeper connection than just this family this time around.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
deepsea

There are only six people in my life i have met so far that I feel a certain 'draw' to.
Two are people I have met on site (not here) but on another site.
Two I know personally as friends.
And two online friends who I have spoken to on the phone. One friendship (online) has lasted over 6 years. The other phones me regularly weekly,and I feel a very close afinity to him.
It is not a romantic friendship,just a close association that means a lot to me.
Deepsea
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverevolution

Your meds are on the way, please read the label :-)

Seriously though, I know it happens and could go into a very long-winded diatribe about it. I believe it's a Soul thing, it's where one Soul meets and recognises another and they 'short-circuit', what we sense is the recognition. Sometimes it's enough to recognise it, for some it's interesting to explore where that feeling of recognition came from.
Old 24-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Happyheart

Hi, I felt I knew my husband the first time I met him. There was just some sort of connection, and even though he wasn't the type of guy I usually went for, I knew there was something there. We hit it off immediately and became friends before anything else happened. We felt very comfortable with each other, even though he was younger than me and we each were in relationships. We seemed to know what the other was thinking.

This also happened with my best friend. I met her when both our youngest children were in grade 3. They were in the same class and we got talking while waiting for school to get out one day. I felt an instant affinity with her, and as we spoke, we found out our lives had taken very similar paths, even down to how many children we had, the distribution of the sexes, and the ages. We had both married gentle loving men, and had gotten married the same year. Even our financial situations were similar. Our sense of humour is the same, and we can go months without seeing each other and pick up as if nothing had happened. We now live in the same street, 4 doors away, and due to her work commitments, rarely meet up, but will always have a close bond.

xxxhappyheart
Old 24-12-2010, 12:55 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyheart
Hi, I felt I knew my husband the first time I met him. There was just some sort of connection, and even though he wasn't the type of guy I usually went for, I knew there was something there. We hit it off immediately and became friends before anything else happened. We felt very comfortable with each other, even though he was younger than me and we each were in relationships. We seemed to know what the other was thinking.

This also happened with my best friend. I met her when both our youngest children were in grade 3. They were in the same class and we got talking while waiting for school to get out one day. I felt an instant affinity with her, and as we spoke, we found out our lives had taken very similar paths, even down to how many children we had, the distribution of the sexes, and the ages. We had both married gentle loving men, and had gotten married the same year. Even our financial situations were similar. Our sense of humour is the same, and we can go months without seeing each other and pick up as if nothing had happened. We now live in the same street, 4 doors away, and due to her work commitments, rarely meet up, but will always have a close bond.

xxxhappyheart

Hi Happyheart!
Nice to see you!
I had a situation like you with my late husband.
We found many links that bound us together.
Countries we had lived in,natures the same,same interests and even now,after six years of being without him,I stll receive messages reminding me of those facts.
Deepsea xx