Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-11-2010, 08:42 PM
LightFilledHeart

I've been regressed a number of times. I also have spontaneous recall of vivid past-life experiences, and when my husband and Twin Soul was alive, we could quite easily go down that path, peeling back layer upon layer, one life after another.

As a regressionist, it is clear to me that the only lives one is shown when launching such explorations ARE the ones that are germane to the here and now, with revelations that show one how, where and when the seeds for what one is experiencing right here and now were first planted and began to take root.

Past Life Regression should only be conducted within the protection and safety measures of connecting the regressee with his/her Higher Self, who then leads the person on the journey. The facilitator (i.e., regressionist) is there only that role... to faciliate and guide, and to assist with the right questions or comments in the midst of what is being revealed. I was well trained for this work and perform my role with confidence, but not everyone is. It's prudent on the part of those seeking past life recall to seek out a qualified and experienced regressionist, and not simply someone with a degree in psychology. Grave damage can occur if this exercise (i.e., the journey into a replay of past lives) is conducted by an inexperienced facilitator. It's crucial that the regressionist be able to read energy, be sensitive to the client's emotional state, and attuned to the client's Higher Self (and the regressionist's own!), both of whom will be communing with them.

There are other ways to explore past lives in addition to regression therapy. You can simply ask yourself what time in history you are most drawn to, or conversely repelled by! In either case, you are likely to have lived at least one or more life in any part of the world you do not live now but have very strong feelings about. Good feelings indicate you had a good time there... negative ones indicate the reverse! This holds true for times in history as well. I have a friend who loves to read period novels. She gets all kinds of spontaneous past-life recall from immersing herself in those books which act as the catalyst to bring unconscious or suppressed memories to the fore. You can even ask to be shown a past life in meditation or in a dream. I authored a book on dreams and work extensively with clients in that area. I can assure you that past life dreams are not uncommon!

However you might choose to look into the area of having lived "before" (in reality it's all happening at once!), know that it's not a game and not for entertainment purposes. The only valid reason for exploring past lives is to glean the information regarding the beginnings of present life situations, in order to understand them better and thus better meet the challenges they present.

Some people claim to be catapulted into past life recall by certain hallucinogenic drugs, but I do not recommend that method. Spiritual experiences can occur and the psychic barrier can most certainly be blasted through by certain drugs, but bear in mind that to the degree the experience has been caused by the ingestion of a drug it will be likewise distorted. Also be aware that the psychic barrier is meant to be gradually pierced with time-honored spiritual practices until it resembles swiss cheese, so that when you DO break through, your soul is prepared and ready for the revelations it finds there. Busting through prematurely with the use of a substance is like using a battering ram to knock down a door. That door never functions properly again, and this can result in not being able to close it at will. One will then be assailed with images that are frightening and/or not meant to be part of ordinary waking reality, and often at the most inopportune times! When that door flops open and shut willy/nilly like a broken gate flapping in the breeze, the result is sometimes a diagnosis of mental illness. I've no doubt but that there are scores of individuals languishing in institutions for no other reason than that they inadvisedly shattered the psychic barrier without due preparation. Caution is advised!
Old 30-11-2010, 08:59 PM
mac

A question to past-life practitioners please? What percentage of your enquirers recall mundane lives, lives which were so inconsequential that they have no current-life relevance?

And one for those who've been 'on the couch'.... What percentage of the lives you recalled had no particular revelations for you?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Fenetre

Yes, it TOTALLY does!
For me I think it even effects the way I dress and how I wear my hair
lol
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
SandybytheSea

LightFilledHeart, I totally agree with what you said, particularly that it's essential to seek out a qualified person who is trained in regression therapy, and that it's NOT a game and certainly not for entertainment purposes. That's why I only regress those who have been referred to me by a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist - too many people want to regress for mere curiosity, and opening Pandora's box out of mere curiosity is not a good idea.

Mac, to answer your question, I have done close to 1,000 regressions over about 30 years, and it depends on what you call mundane - most of them HAVE been mundane. Regression therapy isn't exciting, believe me! It can actually be similar to chatting to a neighbour over the back fence, but the therapist has to listen very closely to every word spoken, and even be aware of the nuances in the voice and actions - unlike the neighbourly chat where you can tune out for long periods and just nod and smile occasionally, lol.

However, while very few people throughout history (and even today) have action-packed, fascinating lives, everyone has interesting things happen to them, and during a regression it's mostly the interesting things that come up because (a) they leave an impression on the soul, and (b) they are often the cause of the imbalance or situation that is being dealt with. Similar to writing an autobiography - you're not going to mention your trips to the supermarket or what you had for breakfast every morning!

What I think you're really asking is "what percentage of PEOPLE are mundane, and what percentage are famous or exciting" - and the truth is, most of them are mundane. I've never regressed anyone to a famous lifetime, although I did once have a servant to a famous person (but the famous person didn't get dealt with in any detail).

The most exciting regressions - which occur rarely but have happened about 20 times - have been those who regressed to Atlantis. The reason they're exciting is not because the people are any different - mundane lifetimes still existed in Atlantis - but because regressions years apart with people who have never met tell similar stories or give similar details.

I wonder if LightFilledHeart has had any of those, I'd love to hear about them and compare notes.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
LightFilledHeart, I totally agree with what you said, particularly that it's essential to seek out a qualified person who is trained in regression therapy, and that it's NOT a game and certainly not for entertainment purposes. That's why I only regress those who have been referred to me by a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist - too many people want to regress for mere curiosity, and opening Pandora's box out of mere curiosity is not a good idea.

Mac, to answer your question, I have done close to 1,000 regressions over about 30 years, and it depends on what you call mundane - most of them HAVE been mundane. Regression therapy isn't exciting, believe me! It can actually be similar to chatting to a neighbour over the back fence, but the therapist has to listen very closely to every word spoken, and even be aware of the nuances in the voice and actions - unlike the neighbourly chat where you can tune out for long periods and just nod and smile occasionally, lol.

However, while very few people throughout history (and even today) have action-packed, fascinating lives, everyone has interesting things happen to them, and during a regression it's mostly the interesting things that come up because (a) they leave an impression on the soul, and (b) they are often the cause of the imbalance or situation that is being dealt with. Similar to writing an autobiography - you're not going to mention your trips to the supermarket or what you had for breakfast every morning!

What I think you're really asking is "what percentage of PEOPLE are mundane, and what percentage are famous or exciting" - and the truth is, most of them are mundane. I've never regressed anyone to a famous lifetime, although I did once have a servant to a famous person (but the famous person didn't get dealt with in any detail).

The most exciting regressions - which occur rarely but have happened about 20 times - have been those who regressed to Atlantis. The reason they're exciting is not because the people are any different - mundane lifetimes still existed in Atlantis - but because regressions years apart with people who have never met tell similar stories or give similar details.

I wonder if LightFilledHeart has had any of those, I'd love to hear about them and compare notes.

thank you This is a very well written, very well explained reply. Just the type of reply which can get me seriously considering this subject.

You might - or might not - be shocked at how few times such an explanation has been offered.

No I did mean what percentage of recalled lives are mundane, not the people who led them.... All too often the impression is given that regression routinely enables individuals to recall lives with vivid details of unusual times. Someone not easily impressed might feel unsure about any such accounts.

As with physical mediumship (which is under discussion elsewhere) the vivid and fantastic seem to be very appealing and get widely reported, in turn attracting others perhaps more interested in the production of physical phenomena than the true reason for physical mediumship....
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
deepsea

May I ask what your opinion would be on a child who had a very strong fear of lack of security?

Another fear was 'fire'. He would not go near to any kind of flame,anything that was burning,he screamed in terror.

This fear manifested itself at a very early age.

He also showed a fear of leaving doors and windows unlocked.
Each time the family left for shopping,visiting friends or family,he insisted that all entrances in and out of the home were thoroughly checked.

Interesting,would you say this could be proof in some way of a past life?

Deepsea
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
earthprowler

I have had 4 past life regressions.

In the first one I was a young Native American Indian boy who was the son of a chief. I got in trouble for going into the forest after dark and he had to send somone out to find me. It was so real I felt his feathers brush my face from his head dress. (and if anyone can help, I am curious, because the head dress went all the way to the ground, of what tribe it may have been?).

The second one I was a German girl I think living in America, there were wheat fields everywhere. I stole a calf from a man for food for my family. ( I took German in high-school and it came extremely easy for me). Anyway the man found out I had done this, and led me to a forest and bashed my head into a creek bed until he thought I was dead. I laid there for a while and the next thing I knew was a Native woman came out of no where wrapped in a blanket...i could see she was looking around to see if he was gone. She took me back to her tribe and that's all I know but they saved me. I wonder if this could be the part of me that started suffering from severe headaches two years ago.

The next one I was a Native American Girl, one minute I was sitting next to the edge of a river the wound on forever playing with a grey wolf, the next I was being shoved off a high cliff to my death. Deathly afraid of heights, not sure if it comes from this.

In the last one I attended I was in a very nice home, we were very well off. My husband and I were dancing around in a library? lots of books, dressed in Victorian clothing. I even had a regression in the regression where I saw us being married and the church looks almost identical to the one we were married in this life. (oh yeah, same husband as now). We were raided by the Natives in the area. I always had a fear of being raped that I had no idea why. I was raped in the regression and my husband killed. Within six months of this regression the fear went away.

I've always been curious about the people that have had relatively close regressions if they could find where they are laid to rest. i REALLY hope that doesn't sound morbid! I find it interesting though.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
star-child

I haven't had a past life regression but have read an interesting article about how our past life's affect our future, for example if you were killed by hanging it is common to have neck pain or like earthprowler said, fears can occur if something traumatic happened in a past life like being raped or drowning.

I would eventually like to have a past life regression though, I feel like an old soul :)
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Master
I like to believe our present lives are entirely based on our past lives.
Just like the others, I have some examples:

1.) I feel that I was once a Roman. I took 3 years of Latin in high school, and just as the language came easily for me... well, each time we would learn about Roman history, myths, and daily life, my scalp would tingle. The Roman era is intriguing to me.

2.) I also feel I once lived in Italy during the Renaissance. I adore this time period to pieces; Renaissance art is my favorite, as well. And for some reason, I feel attached to Raphael. Almost as though I knew him... and it was strange because I had the opportunity to travel to Italy this past summer (I'm a senior in high school now), and while I was there, I felt so... comfortable, like I'd been there before. I felt blessed to be standing in the Uffizi Gallery, gazing at the works of the Renaissance masters. It was all so overwhelming - I had goosebumps more than half the time I was there.

3.) Another recent interest/passion is that of tribal cultures. I'm fascinated by all things tribal - (Native American tribes to a lesser degree, however).. and so I wonder if I was once a part of an African or Asian tribe.

4.) I often have what I call "movie dreams": dreams that are more thematic and theatrical than your standard, "everyday" dreams. In these dreams, I'm never myself. I'm either someone else, or a mere observer. One of my more recent "movie dreams" included me as a pirate (I can only assume..). My mates and I were battling a huge fleet of enemy ships. I'm not sure if these are associated with past lives or not, though. They never gave me the same feelings as the examples I stated above.

Just thought I would share my experiences.
~Evaah
Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
A question to past-life practitioners please? What percentage of your enquirers recall mundane lives, lives which were so inconsequential that they have no current-life relevance?

And one for those who've been 'on the couch'.... What percentage of the lives you recalled had no particular revelations for you?

Actually, mac, I have had multiple past life regressions done by professionals and spontaneous past life recalls since I was about 6. None of them have been famous or glamorous. Fairly mundane as lives go. Painful, absolutely. Not physical pain, but emotional pain and that is why one should do this without an experienced past life regressionist. Pertinent to this life; always.

Last edited by Summerland : 02-12-2010 at 02:23 PM.