Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-08-2011, 09:27 AM
thehermit

Do certain qualities need to be devloped in order to develop spiritually?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I don't know where else to put it.

Question (long story short/the skinny): I was under the impression that if you have been "blessed" with gifts/spiritual abilties/whatever you want to refer to them as that you would be much better off having a good grasp on concepts like selflessness,love, judgement (without unness. harshness), kindness, empathy, etc. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but if I ever choose to do a reading for someone, regardless of the outcome I want, I make sure I tell them the information I receive. And to do so in a way that is loving and kind. How is it that some people have gifts but seem to lack concepts such as love, kindness, etc? Are these not needed in order to progress spirituality?

The full story: Like everyone, I have "abilties" (a bit underdeveloped i might add). So does a friend of mine/roommate. Because I'm young and a bit insecure with my own thoughts (work in progress) I often go to my friends for a second or even fourth opinion. However, one of my friends, who is supposedly in touch with her gift, seems to be very biased and even bitter with advice that she gives. I feel like shes constantly blocking any potential information (whether good or bad) about a specific person because SHE has adopted pain that she believes I should feel. I think, if anything, she blames me and sees me as some sort of weakness but I can not bring it within myself to be truly angry or hateful. I have told her that I believe there was a sort of lesson in the situation (we had a bit of a falling out) and that I will always be supportive and love this person. Honestly, I feel as htough this is how I should be and I'm am encouraged to continue loving and finding myself. Meanwhile, she is using (from what I'm feeling) what gifts she has as a way to manipulate the situation to her liking and will even make jokes at his expense, sometimes about topics that I know aren't easy for him/things he's trying to work on. It's as if she has no empathy towards him at all. There is a possiblity I'm being overprotective or too naive but I'm confused at how she can be a channel for all this information and feel as though its her right to play games with it. Should I change my thinking as to not be so sensitive? Is this simply a difference in personality?

Sorry for the length and poor wording. right now I just have a lot of thoughts that I can't exactly put together in a smooth and intelligent manner. Bare with me please
Old 15-08-2011, 11:20 AM
mattie

Separate From Friend's Drama

Our psychic abilities are innate, but usually dormant abilities that are present in everyone. Some may be present from birth & others can unfold naturally as we expand our consciousness. The ones that are already present or that emerge first are gateway abilities.

We are all a work in progress even when we reach a fairly high level of consciousness. For instance, full 5D awareness is less than halfway to 12D (1-12D). While full 5D awareness is a fairly significant level for most here, it is just the beginning of ascension, not the end of it. Even when we reach 12D we have the option to deconstruct our energies & do it all over again to further our learning experience.

It is OK & even beneficial to bounce ideas off of another, but move more into TRUSTing your own energies & your perceptions. You’re wise to recognize that your friend is wanting you to share her negative energies. This is her issue, not yours. Don’t get caught up in the friend’s drama.

Distanced Observer- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...685#post176685

Not sure who the referenced ‘he’ is. This really doesn’t make any difference in what I’ve said though about being your own person, TRUSTing your self, & not buying into other’s drama though.

It’s not too long or poorly worded. Toss out this negative self talk. You can add in whatever you feel would provide more context via a reply(s).

Don’t worry about how she is dealing w/ others. This is her journey & theirs to deal w/ someone who is being manipulative. It’s not your function to be her karma cop! Trust that the Universe has this function under control quite nicely!!!

As to your post’s title, do certain qualities need to be developed in order to advance spiritually? The short answer is yes. There are many things we learn, experience & master our energies. TRUSTing self is one of the biggies. Moving past fear, developing empathy, learning to master our emotions & clear our energy field are others. This is not a comprehensive list. What we need to master varies from person to person. A few areas we deal w/ are listed below.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...418#post254418

Fear Deconstructed- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...009#post156009

Distanced Observer- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...685#post176685

Discernment- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=12105

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...540#post189540
Old 15-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Scorpio

Mattie I find your words really confusing what is all this dimension stuff... Does my head in.. And you link so much readings...
Its hard to understand...
I know its helpful but man its like decifering a code..
Old 15-08-2011, 12:27 PM
thehermit

Mattie: Thank you so much for the links.
You're completely right about trusting myself and not being the karma police.
I'm also glad you worded it that way. It definitely struck a chord and echoes something my family has often tried to tell me. I need to learn to open my ears lol Like I said, I've still got a lot to learn.

Like Scorpio, the 3D, 5D stuff is a bit confusing to me. I'm a bit of a noob. I guess I'll have to google it and go book searching to learn more :)
Old 15-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Mattie I find your words really confusing what is all this dimension stuff... Does my head in.. And you link so much readings...
Its hard to understand...
I know its helpful but man its like decifering a code..
Your last post to me shows another thing you need to learn to be aware. I have only just realised this myself. 'its a wall of stuff I do not understand, I will leave it for now' I have used this many times as an excuse rather then fear or laziness. Break it down, bit by bit so its less of a wall blocking you. Not a personal attack, just want to share a recent lesson I learnt myself.
Old 15-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Master
very true, Athymari. mattie is an exceptional teacher on site. As they say, "he will lead you to water", thing is, he can't make you drink.
I just realized mattie is a girl..and I keep calling her a he...sorry sista. :)
Old 15-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Topology

theHermit,

There are many notions of what it means to be spiritual. Some think you have to be psychic or an energy worker, or achieve transcendental awareness, or have some overly complex theory and philosophy or whatever conditions they want to place on being spiritual. The question ultimately is how do you want to define it and can you accept your own definition?

I'm intuitive, but not psychic intuitive. I have slightly above average intelligence and the desire to be whole and see wholeness within others. There's nothing special or significant about me other than that. I view myself as spiritual. I view everyone as spiritual at the core, just trapped within their minds, desperately yearning to break free, but neither I nor them know for sure what will bring the walls down and break the shackles.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Enya

To be spiritual, you have to be willing to become self-aware and to actively work to develop that self in all its aspects. You have to challenge your own limiting thoughts and attitudes, strip away conditioning and be aware of when you are entertaining negative thoughts/words. True, you can be 'spritual' without doing that, but as I was taught - if you're not prepared to improve yourself and be a person of clear integrity, you can't complain if you magnetise low-level energies to you...
Old 15-08-2011, 04:05 PM
moke64916

Yes, awareness. What steps should should those searching for full awareness take?

For those on the spiritual search for 'enlightenment'. Expand your consciousness by observing thoughts. Don't BE your thoughts. Be the one aware of those thoughts. Eventually it becomes habit. You simply observe by being aware that your mind is thinking. Accept it. Observe them. There is a great intelligence beyond thought. you eventually become aware of your thought processes. Once the unconscious behavior is in the presence of the light. You have a choice to persist or surrender and choose NOT any longer.

Second: become aware of your emotions. You don't have to let your bodies emotions effect you. Observe them. Again don't BE your emotions. Be the one observing them. Eventually your body's emotions won't effect you.

Third: observe your reactions towards other people. Become aware of that. Being aware around others. This is the hardest among people. Try and listen to the other person without thinking. Go for a response by first going inside your body, then respond. Your thought process in speech will be better.

There is a great deal of peace observing thoughts, emotions, reactions.
Old 16-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
Your last post to me shows another thing you need to learn to be aware. I have only just realised this myself. 'its a wall of stuff I do not understand, I will leave it for now' I have used this many times as an excuse rather then fear or laziness. Break it down, bit by bit so its less of a wall blocking you. Not a personal attack, just want to share a recent lesson I learnt myself.

Sorry I wasnt trying to attack lol just said aloud I know its helpful its just confusing to me..