Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I want peace and love for my brothers. Somewhere in the world is a person who wants to inflict pain and agony onto others. Is that the same?

Sadly enough....
Yes. The one who supposedly wants to inflict pain is often (Just a heads up I'm not going to logically explain this for each and every exception) doing so from an ideology he beliefs will keep his brothers safe, loved and at peace.

With Love
Eelco
Old 14-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Sadly enough....
Yes. The one who supposedly wants to inflict pain is often (Just a heads up I'm not going to logically explain this for each and every exception) doing so from an ideology he beliefs will keep his brothers safe, loved and at peace.

With Love
Eelco

Any time the OP is actually given an answer that is true, rational or reasonable it is met with silence.

I think he leans to Christianity but I've seen many different claims within text to essentially "win" the argument - I think it's emulation of wisdom, not actually seeking it...

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Sadly enough....

With Love
Eelco

This is not only begging the question, but it is simply not true. The serial killer does not murder from a place of good intentions. The serial rapist does not rape because he wants peace for his victims. Many times harm is inflicted on others with purely selfish motives.
Old 14-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Any time the OP is actually given an answer that is true, rational or reasonable it is met with silence.

I think he leans to Christianity but I've seen many different claims within text to essentially "win" the argument - I think it's emulation of wisdom, not actually seeking it...

Please stop dragging discussions to a personal level. I'm not interested. Either contribute something useful and appropriate to the discussion or show a little self control and back off.
Old 14-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Eelco

Quote:
This is not only begging the question, but it is simply not true. The serial killer does not murder from a place of good intentions. The serial rapist does not rape because he wants peace for his victims. Many times harm is inflicted on others with purely selfish motives.

Ok.
With Love
Eelco
Old 14-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Please stop dragging discussions to a personal level. I'm not interested. Either contribute something useful and appropriate to the discussion or show a little self control and back off.

Mwa ha ha ha!

Pot .. kettle .. black ...

How many "discussions" have you started by attacking others beliefs by way or ridicule?

Is that the sort of self control you are talking about - do I need to link to the threads?

If you give then expect to take, it's only fair.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:

Getting back to the actual topic - serial killers come in various forms -
out of the classic 4 there are 2: visionary or mission based killers that may hear voices e.g God.

Their compulsion is very real to them & in a twisted way they are acting for the good of others or the cause.

Your assumption that his statement was "simply not true" requires further thought.

catsquotl did sate that there were exceptions to his point (see below)

Quote:
Sadly enough....
Yes. The one who supposedly wants to inflict pain is often (Just a heads up I'm not going to logically explain this for each and every exception) doing so from an ideology

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Eelco

Going back a bit further.
This was not the discussion.
The question asked in before was if all is one.
I answered that with the reservation I'm not going to get into wordgames..
Silly semantic trappings etc..

Seeing Vince is bent on going exactly there i'm leaving the monologue.

With Love
Eelco
Old 14-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Going back a bit further.
This was not the discussion.
The question asked in before was if all is one.
I answered that with the reservation I'm not going to get into wordgames..
Silly semantic trappings etc..

Seeing Vince is bent on going exactly there i'm leaving the monologue.

With Love
Eelco

Agreed & valuable - I quoted comment #11 - just so you don't think that I misquoted you.

What is funny is that in the OP stating something to be "simply not true" yet I have shown that it is 50% of the time regarding the introduced example of serial killers - actually recreates the original meme in a nutshell.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Master
The meme in the OP is interesting because the first fellow puts forth a 'wise truism' and the second fellow points out that it is, in itself, a belief - but if the first fellow agrees with the second, then that is consistent with his original statement, but if he agrees the second fellow is right, then it is inconsistent.

Last edited by Gem : 15-02-2018 at 03:31 AM.