Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Newbie ;)

questioning my mediumship

Hey everyone

I recently became certified as a medium and spiritual advisor...and in talking with the others who have also become certified, I keep hearing everyone talking about how before they learned how to control their gifts they were constantly being bombarded by either "seeing" or "hearing" things and it had gotten tot he point where it was driving them crazy. Then they found a community of psychic mediums and they were able to learn to control their gifts and so now they can "turn them on" at will...

I however don't have any stories like that. When I walk into a room I don't feel the energy in the room...I don't "hear" or "see" things at random...I never have...well except once when I was 4 I saw my aunt who had passed on in the light fixture of my bedroom...but nothing since then...however during my certification, and in doing readings on people I am able to successfully complete a reading...however, because I have never experienced what everyone else has...I am starting to doubt my skills as a medium.

When everyone is talking about how they always felt like they never belonged...and that their gifts feel like more of a curse because of it...I have ALWAYS wished that I had those gifts. To me they are special, but I don't feel like I have them and it drives me nuts cuz I want them so badly!!!
I want to feel the energy when I walk into a room, I want to hear things randomly and see things that make me question...but yet...I don't...could it be I am trying too hard? Have I been fooling myself in thinking that I could just become a medium?
Old 28-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Master
Hello,

I guess there are different kinds of mediums.

I am able to successfully complete a reading. I could call it using my intuition. My understanding is that I connect with a person telepathically. I am informed about what I need to know in a given instance, and guided by their higher self, soul self, and/or innate divine wisdom.

In my view, this is better for me than evaluating the evidance which other psychics rely upon when they see and feel energies and then, based on their knowledge and experience, take the appropriate actions. I say that because I am divinely guided and do not depend of my intellect, experience, and knowledge to determine what to do as extensively as others. I know how we are All Biased by our knowledge and experiences.

We are all quite unique in how we operate. My way is best for me. It is not better than any other way which gets the desired results. I suggest finding the way(s) which work best for you and appreciate them in a cellebrative manner.

A medium, a psychic, a healer are all involved in helping others. That is what matters most in my view.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-09-2017, 12:44 AM
Guide

Mediums are not a cookie-cutter group.

Some have/had trouble with intrusive spirits, and others never do.

I guess it is highly personal, depending on the nature of the abilities, strength of the abilities, and how much control a person has NATURALLY before any training or intentional work was begun.

For instance if a medium had very early interaction with spirit and for whatever reason told them to "play nice" or "take turns" as a child, that may be all it took to keep spirit from intruding randomly and distressingly.

Yes, some children still in their cribs see and interact with spirits. If they learn to set boundaries then, they won't remember doing so but they also won't be bothered by continuous spirit interruptions.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

I guess there are different kinds of mediums.

I am able to successfully complete a reading. I could call it using my intuition. My understanding is that I connect with a person telepathically. I am informed about what I need to know in a given instance, and guided by their higher self, soul self, and/or innate divine wisdom.

In my view, this is better for me than evaluating the evidance which other psychics rely upon when they see and feel energies and then, based on their knowledge and experience, take the appropriate actions. I say that because I am divinely guided and do not depend of my intellect, experience, and knowledge to determine what to do as extensively as others. I know how we are All Biased by our knowledge and experiences.

We are all quite unique in how we operate. My way is best for me. It is not better than any other way which gets the desired results. I suggest finding the way(s) which work best for you and appreciate them in a cellebrative manner.

A medium, a psychic, a healer are all involved in helping others. That is what matters most in my view.

John

Yes I do agree John, we are all unique and have our own style, and yes the whole purpose is to help others. I suppose that sometimes I have a hard time believing in myself and my abilities because they don't manifest in the same way that others do. At the end of the day though it doesn't really matter because if I am still able to help someone then I have done my job.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
Mediums are not a cookie-cutter group.

Some have/had trouble with intrusive spirits, and others never do.

I guess it is highly personal, depending on the nature of the abilities, strength of the abilities, and how much control a person has NATURALLY before any training or intentional work was begun.

For instance if a medium had very early interaction with spirit and for whatever reason told them to "play nice" or "take turns" as a child, that may be all it took to keep spirit from intruding randomly and distressingly.

Yes, some children still in their cribs see and interact with spirits. If they learn to set boundaries then, they won't remember doing so but they also won't be bothered by continuous spirit interruptions.

I see what you're saying here...and before I developed I did have a lot of control, I still do...I suppose that could be the reason. I guess I never thought of it that way.
Old 28-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Master
Yep, we all have different abilities.
When I was going through awakening and everything was busting open it was overwhelming and scary and at one point I told Spirit "I don't want to see dead people!"

To this day now I have really have to struggle to see spirits of any type including angels, guides and relative around a person.

Other abilities are pretty keenly developed however and I can turn them on and off. This is comforting - for years I was pretty blown out - couldn't even have a normal conversation and it was like I was on psychedelics all the time. It's nice to have it be a choice now - ON/OFF instead of fulltime ON.

So I offer to you - 'Don't ty to keep up with the Jones'. Develop your own unique abilities, take what you have and make the most of it. Perfect it, master it - truly own it and use it to bring Light into your life and the lives of those the Universe puts in your Path.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Experiencer
Hi MFJ

What certification program did you go through (just curious!)

I think everyone's journey is so different, and I like you, don't get 'bothered' or go crazy with the energy around me or have experienced seeing spirit just waltz into my bedroom as they please (I can count on one hand those experiences and they were true blessings, not curses) but I also find the mediumship connection to be a subtle one, so I pick up on the subtle energies of a room, not overwhelmed by them. I do a lot of work creating and maintaining boundaries, however :)

The confidence will come with practice, I did 150 free practice readings (personal goal) over 4 years before I opened my mediumship 'practice' and even now as a working medium, I just do it as a passion, it's not my bread and butter and not my 'career' keep it fun, keep it light, and just keep practicing :) it's really the only way to develop that confidence in your abilities and understand how your communication with Spirit works (which will not be like anyone elses)

also might be unpopular to say, but sometimes in group settings, people's ego gets the better of them, and sometimes I truly feel that is part of the reasons behind exaggerating on the 'energy' and 'experiences' people are having or have had. So don't fret my friend ! just keep doing you!
Old 28-09-2017, 11:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

We all have that 6th sense and we all have intuition and the gut feelings so we are all Mediums on some level. No two are alike in how it works for them or why it works for them. There are similar lines that will be the same but we are all unique. As are the Ghosts (Earth Bound ) and Spirits ( Crossed Over) being we come to contact. Even at times animals or other beings will come forth.

For me there is no controlling it there is no off switch or down time. No matter what I do or try there simply is no way for me not to be open. I am what they call and Open Channel or Light Switch On Medium. I am never alone and other Mediums and Psychics say that there are thousands around me yet I am OK with it all. I do not know the difference I had to read a spiritual development book from the last chapter to the first to understand all that I am and what I came open to doing.

I sleep 3 - 5 hours a night and that at times is not constant sleep but I function at a high alert level. I test high on sleep deprecation tests. I too came in this way as my parents said I never napped or slept through the night.....still dont.

Do not compare yourself to others see that your similar but different and walk in that path. You might hear and see things differently is all. Hear more with that inner voice of the gut feelings. For me I see the dead as clear at times as the living and I can hold their energy so that we can just have a chit chat.

I too have visions and can be taken out of the body to work with those passed. To at times bring home remains or see their passing. I came through lifetimes to get here, and more will come. My three kids are like me as well open to it all but able to just be at peace with it.

Your as good as anyone.....trust me there I do not choose to use mine professionally for profits but I have stood toe to toe with the best in the WORLD in what I can do. I choose not to have that life path.

Lynn

PS your energy is amazing......your pure in the heart so never loose that part of you, the EGO does not rule whom you are your blessed there.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Maybe those other mediums encounter more of the lower energies (ghosts) and you encounter more of the higher energies (spirits who have crossed over). Ghosts can be a little more of a problem. Spirits respect and follow the rules of free will and don't interfere. So maybe you are being really well protected by Archangel Michael so that you have a nice environment to play and grow in?

As long as you believe you are, then that's all that matters. It doesn't matter what other people have to say.
Old 28-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfoolishjourney
Hey everyone

I recently became certified as a medium and spiritual advisor...and in talking with the others who have also become certified, I keep hearing everyone talking about how before they learned how to control their gifts they were constantly being bombarded by either "seeing" or "hearing" things and it had gotten tot he point where it was driving them crazy. Then they found a community of psychic mediums and they were able to learn to control their gifts and so now they can "turn them on" at will...

I however don't have any stories like that. When I walk into a room I don't feel the energy in the room...I don't "hear" or "see" things at random...I never have...well except once when I was 4 I saw my aunt who had passed on in the light fixture of my bedroom...but nothing since then...however during my certification, and in doing readings on people I am able to successfully complete a reading...however, because I have never experienced what everyone else has...I am starting to doubt my skills as a medium.

When everyone is talking about how they always felt like they never belonged...and that their gifts feel like more of a curse because of it...I have ALWAYS wished that I had those gifts. To me they are special, but I don't feel like I have them and it drives me nuts cuz I want them so badly!!!
I want to feel the energy when I walk into a room, I want to hear things randomly and see things that make me question...but yet...I don't...could it be I am trying too hard? Have I been fooling myself in thinking that I could just become a medium?

Tbh I think a lot of people make believe, I can only speak from my own experience but the only control I needed to learn was over tapping in and getting a connection as with my fellow students, people spend yrs practising so it seems unlikely a whole group would be so psychically developed without training and experiencing this odd invasion of privacy and sense of being cursed, the symptoms they describe fit well with Schizophrenia or a drug trip but out of the mediums I've met none had this problem.

Please don't doubt yourself it's all about practice and persistence, follow that star and keep that enthusiasm because psychic work is an ongoing process and you'd likely benefit from further training in a different setting. Have you considered a meditation group and/or reiki training which will attune you with spiritual energies, put you in a higher energy state where you need to be to receive information.