Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Administrator

I have trouble accepting that we choose to come back and choose our parents,i believe in reincarnation i have lived many life times.i remember being born i didnt want to come back,i would most def not have choosen my parents for any amount of money.but at least i walk my final path i wont be back anymore

Namastr
Old 11-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Pathfinder

I hope this is my last life too. It has been hard for me this time around. Like you I don't think I would have chosen my parents either. Unless I had to learn a lesson through them. I would have chosen my dad. But as for my mum. No that would never have been my choice. But who knows what the spirit thinks is good for it.
I know I have definitely always felt disconnected . A feeling of not wanting to be here. Like I'm not supposed to be here. I've always felt like I don't belong in every way. With my family and society in general. The only person who I never felt that way with was my dad. Oh and my two youngest sons. Even my siblings always made me feel like I didn't belong. Saying that my dad once told me that he always felt like the outsider in our family. But it was different with me. His words where we where both outsiders so we just sort of clung to each other instead.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator
I think you explained that beautifully to your little boy. What you said brought tears to my eyes.

Children do need to accept 'death'. It is impossible to protect them against the natural conditions of being alive on Earth. And the death of the body (or the shedding of the 'skin') is a part of that. It all depends on whether they can learn to accept 'death' healthily, or not. Guidance like you gave him will do him nothing but good.

When I was five, I found my grandmother's dead body one morning. I accepted she had died, and then played in her room as I talked to her. It was a lovely peaceful feeling. When I told my mother and father -then suddenly a dark atmosphere descended in the house. I was shut in my room, and began to see people thought something was wrong. I began to wonder if I was part of whatever was wrong, as I had just got such negative attention and been banished....

When I was seven, I used to go every day after school, to sit with a 'dead' cat on some waste ground near some houses. I gave it all my love and comforted it. I knew it had passed but sensed it hadn't actually gone! (....and me -a sceptical person for most of my adult life!....what happened to me ?) But I sensed the alive-ness of that cat thereabouts and wanted to show it love and kindness.
When my mother found out she was utterly horrified. She called the health department and they removed the cat's body. She had a strange atmosphere with me, like she suddenly didn't know me or something. She and my father were talking about it one night and I heard her say she was 'worried about me'.

I accepted 'death' then, in my childhood innocence. It was easy to do. But the adults didn't.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Pathfinder

Yes your right children do need to accept death in a healthy way. In a way it was good that my little boy attended that funeral as it made it much easier for him to cope with his grand ads death. He had at that point already had an explanation of what death was. With someone that he didn't know. But I had to try to explain it as I was worried that he shouldn't be at a funeral at that young age. But I was under a lot of pressure from his dad's family as it was his dad's cousin that had passed. Arran was given the choice as to whether he wanted to go to his grand ads funeral. To say goodbye. But he said he can say goodbye to his grandad in his mind. Which I thought was lovely.
The explanation was to me the best way I knew how to explain it him. It was how I personally saw it. That the body is just a shell. Like taking off your coat. I told him that we all get a new body when we get to heaven. By that I mean the spirit world. But heaven is just the easiest way for me to help him understand.
That is so sad that your parents saw it that way. I remember the time my older children who are now in there twenties brought home a dead wild bird. I had to do a funeral for the bird for my children's sake. I didn't see it as odd or strange. I just saw it as normal for a child to want to have a funeral for one of the worlds creatures. Thank you for your kind words. They brought tears to my eyes. X
Old 12-01-2015, 05:11 AM
Ascender

Kids, I believe do have a sixth sense about a lot of things & are capable of understanding more than we give them credit for. In the west I believe we're making a big mistake trying to shield kids from death, it is after all a natural part of life. My youngest daughter at 3 years old went to a Buddhist temple for the 1st time. She automatically started bowing to the Buddha statue even though she had never been told to or taught to. I suppose she may have seen it done on TV, but I doubt it. My belief is that it had something to do with a past life.
Old 19-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Seeker

I love it when I'm reading something and a pleasant memory just pops out and forces re-discovery.

There is a large amount of my childhood that I don't have the foggiest idea about, but one thing caught my attention. I remember that!
I remember telling people at about the age of 4 maybe that I wasnt supposed to be here and that soon I'll be going home.

Im sure theres more to that memory than just that but I'd need more time. Had to write it down somewhere before its gone from my mind. Thanks
Old 20-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Pathfinder

It's an odd feeling isn't it. The feeling of not meaning to be here. I remember that feeling well as a child. Well actually I often get that same feeling now. I often feel like I don't belong. Not just here. But I often feel that I don't fit in.
I guess I've just learned to just get on with it and make the most of the time I have here. But as a child I had a definite feeling of home sickness.