Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Knower

As one who has experienced personal contact with the spiritual reality that underlies this material one and hence know that it exists, for me the idea of a VR existence is at best only understood to mean in a metaphorical sense. Virtually anyone who is soul-aware and has tasted of the pleroma is cognizant of this. Those who are more inclined to naturalist sentiments seem content with their ignorant gills. Whereas, those who are in favor of the computerization of the human species naturally may tend to lean toward the theory of a mechanistic interpretation. One thing that may be agreed upon is that we inhabit a web of sorts, but for me the gossamer is constructed more of electromagnetism than fiber optics.

It is interesting that Plato spoke of a matrix. Of course, his was of a spiritual meaning. Incidentally, the Bible also hints at the fact that this world and universe of ours is not quite what it seems. (1 Timothy 6:19; 1 Corinthians 13:12; 2 Corinthians 4:4). There is a mystical view that reckons that in our pre-existence, we chose to come here, and that any hardships that might be experienced would be understood to be temporary and somewhat illusory. There is also the theory that suggests that we as boundless infinite divinity chose to become entrapped in matter so as to experience the one thing we couldn't while as one with the All -- that of knowing what it is like to be enslaved or to live within limits.

This 3D world that our five senses are restricted to is most certainly illusory and not merely another interdimensional reality if you are of the opinion -- perhaps one based on personal revelation -- that the physical universe is governed by exceptionally sophisticated machinators who have created this prison-like plane, can manipulate it at will, and endeavor to keep humans confined to it and ignorant of their origins and destiny. From this vantage point, this is not just a cellar we inhabit (not just another room as real as the next) but an artificial construct, a simulation, a fake "reality."

How may one escape this system? Esoteric lore tells of absorption back into the Godhead as requiring individual effort, with the goal of transforming oneself from mere self- to Cosmic Consciousness, primarily via the elevation of one's ethics and morality, and an advancement in character. It makes sense that this increasingly perfectible attainment would involve a growth process based on the willingness of one to change for the better. Does all-inclusive salvation exist? Many adepts and savants are of the opinion that it does not. It certainly seems to elude those who think this 3D system is all there is and hence often succumb to to pessimism, nihilism, hedonism, and low-minded behavior.
Old 19-07-2019, 08:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
What is life about? I don’t know the full answer but obviously we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences. The reason why we want to make these experiences remains unclear. Either we want to transform through experience, or we just want to have fun in the material world, or we incarnate due to other reasons. In any case we choose the life we live intentionally.

If we use matter in order to make particular experiences, isn’t it quite probable that what we perceive as material world is nothing more than a virtual simulation devised for precisely that purpose of giving us a tool to make these experiences?
I think of matter as being a kind of computer game – a multidimensional global computer game in which we, as souls, log in over the course of an incarnation and make experiences.

Some believe that matter is a sort of substance in which we enwrap ourselves. They imagine our physical body and brain as a sort of substance to which our soul gets connected when we incarnate. They further imagine the world surrounding our body as material play-ground suitable to allow for all kinds of experiences. Like the Virtual-Matrix-Theory this explanation also implies that matter is kind of s system that’s created for to purpose of enabling us to make experiences within it. But it’s much more plausible that matter isn’t a substance but rather a virtual simulation because of two reasons:
(1) A virtual computer-game would enable us, as its users, to make precisely that experiences we would like to make. I.e. there were no physical constrains.
(2) Virtual worlds were much more economic and frugal to establish and to operate.

More or less the answer is yes. Though I suspect it is more of a metaphorical VR simulation. However, it is not inconceivable that we are actually in a computer simulation of our present, which is set in the past, from the viewpoint of our future (just like in the movie). There are some interesting videos about this online. Basically, when one looks at the workings of quantum mechanics one sees something that sounds a lot like computer code (e.g. Pauli exclusion principle sounds a lot like an if then statement). The implications of relativity (along with quantum mechanics) fit quite nicely (perhaps better) into the paradigm of a computer simulation. However, I think if we are in a matrix like virtual reality simulation, the central computer is not a computer, but rather the mind of God (of if you don't like that word substitute .. universal consciousness etc..etc..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLgZvTCbaA
Old 19-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
... the elevation of one's ethics and morality, and an advancement in character.
... willingness of one to change for the better.
... low-minded behavior.

Smart posting.

When someone uses terms as the ones I quoted, I can't not think about their relativity to their user's bias. From this vantage point I doubt that they're meaningful in the bigger scheme of things. They result from our tendency of anthropomorphisation of the larger multi/uni-verse, and wishful thinking.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Makes sense OP. Look at how far technology has progressed these past few years. Imagine a million years of progress, a billion years. Creating a world like this would not be an issue. When I found out about what matter really is, the idea of the holographic universe and the field, things started to slot into place. Let alone the spiritual ideas. Experiences I've had on there own probably wouldn't seem like proof, but added up mean something to me. The whole thing is very clever.

the cleverest part is that the holy grail (blueprint) of the whole place is apparently so simple any child can understand it, but when presented with only the effects of its implementation it isn't possible for us to figure it out... we just spin off into complexity after complexity....
Old 20-07-2019, 01:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
There is also the theory that suggests that we as boundless infinite divinity chose to become entrapped in matter so as to experience the one thing we couldn't while as one with the All -- that of knowing what it is like to be enslaved or to live within limits.

not so much... you can 'feel' free but still 'be' quite limited. you can see it around you if you look hard enough... in all the people who are claiming to be free because they either have the requisite feeling or live in the proper country, but who are in reality just following one script or another?

It is simply they don't feel limited because they like the script that is playing in front of them, it is giving them what they want, so they say they are free because there aren't any limitations in terms of not getting things they want. Although in reality they are still bound by the limitations inherent in the script just too blinded by getting what they want to see it...

OTOH 'feeling' limited can sometimes give you an as yet unknown kind of freedom? Metaphysically not so easy to see although very true in itself... but you do know the concept, when you are down and out and have nowhere/noone/nothing you have a freedom to do things you would never do if you had to risk possessions? What do they call it, nothing left to lose?
Old 20-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Why and how is it obvious [that we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences]?

It's not obvious to me so an explanation would help.
Why else should we incarnate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don't think we necessarily choose intentionally. Some get ebola or rabies and I very much doubt anyone would choose to suffer like that willingly. Others are abused, murdered, raped, starve etc.
We suffer because suffering cause transformation. Soul evolution exists.
Old 20-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Makes sense OP. Look at how far technology has progressed these past few years. Imagine a million years of progress, a billion years. Creating a world like this would not be an issue. When I found out about what matter really is, the idea of the holographic universe and the field, things started to slot into place. Let alone the spiritual ideas. Experiences I've had on there own probably wouldn't seem like proof, but added up mean something to me. The whole thing is very clever.
That we live in a matrix is very probable just because it wouldn’t make any sense that we do not live in a matrix.
But how can I find to final proof that our planet earth indeed is a matrix?
Old 20-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
More or less the answer is yes. Though I suspect it is more of a metaphorical VR simulation. However, it is not inconceivable that we are actually in a computer simulation of our present, which is set in the past, from the viewpoint of our future (just like in the movie). There are some interesting videos about this online. Basically, when one looks at the workings of quantum mechanics one sees something that sounds a lot like computer code (e.g. Pauli exclusion principle sounds a lot like an if then statement). The implications of relativity (along with quantum mechanics) fit quite nicely (perhaps better) into the paradigm of a computer simulation. However, I think if we are in a matrix like virtual reality simulation, the central computer is not a computer, but rather the mind of God (of if you don't like that word substitute .. universal consciousness etc..etc..)
Instead of the “mind of god” I would say the computer is our own mind. I define “soul” as the entity that gives rise to my consciousness resp. conscious experience. So why shouldn’t be the soul itself be the thing that simulates the matrix in itself without any external help; neither god nor a computer? This would mean that we just dream our physical environment even when we are “awake”.
Old 20-07-2019, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
We suffer because suffering cause transformation. Soul evolution exists.

If there is a 'soul' that evolves it means it was something different in the past and will be something different in the future. This means the 'soul' is subject to changes and it means we assume divinity is change itself. I do not believe this to be the case. Divinity is everlasting, non-changing. Its *body* in a material form, and the material universe is that which changes..

Spiritual 'progress' means fine tuning the body to be receptive to divinity, which indicates it is the body (physical and subtle) that is changing (=/= evolving), not divinity itself. ''Soul evolution'' is therefore a misnomer. It seems many people assume subtle experiences, psychic stuff is divinity itself, but there's nothing to suggests that it is so.
Old 20-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Wrong question. Life is not about anything, Life just IS and after that it's up to you.

You are the answer looking for the question.

Sit yourself down, do some candles and music if you like and clear your skull out. Then ask yourself one question; "How different would the Universe be if I had never existed?" If you answer that one properly it'll be the most profound realisation you can ever come to.

From a human perspective, yes, but not from a Spiritual perspective. Importance is egoic, not Spiritual.

As good a visualisation as any.

This takes an understanding of science rather than Spirituality and the inter-relationship between them. It also takes a far different understanding of the brain/mind construct and consciousness - what you're ploughing through in the other thread. If you want to understand this better grab some beer, popcorn and a copy of Whatever Dreams May Come. Specifically, the part when he first arrives in heaven and the plasticine cups that fall apart when he tries to drink from them.
This makes sense only from the perspective of your philosophy you outlined in the “what is consciousness”-thread. But I don’t believe in your worldview. My conception of the universe goes at follows:

1) There is an energetic structure that gives rise to my conscious experiences; I call it soul.

2) Souls have the ability to hallucinate or visualize virtual worlds within themselves. Souls can do this collectively or alone.

3) We, as souls, visualize the material world in which we currently live - in order to develop or in oder to have fun.

That’s it! This is the simplest explanation of ourselves, this planet, the universe and all that exists and therefore the most likely.
The consequence is that what we perceive as matter does not really exist! Matter, atoms, trees, and buildings – our biological body and our brain, all material things just exist in form of hallucinations just like the props in our dreams at night. A second consequence is that the brain can’t produce consciousness, because (as a part of the material world) it's just a hallucination and does not really exist.