Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
e-ma

Add your spiritual pictures

Do you have any favourite spiritual pictures or works of art? I thought it might be good to share them in a thread.. here is a favourite picture of mine:

Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Light Mage

Old 03-10-2006, 02:55 AM
BLAIR2BE

wouldnt let me post the pic, heres the link, tho

http://www.missouri.edu/~leemyoung/meditation.jpg

baby meditation=)
Old 03-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Light Mage

LOL!

That's sooo cute!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 AM
imageimaginer

Painting

What do you think of my painting? It's a bit abstract though.
Artist Statement:

The Shimmering Pool of Truth.
-Whare Akuhata

While looking at a pool of water in a nearby stream one day, I tried to make sense of and find meaning in the forms that were present. Marbled metallic forms were created from the chemicals of nearby industries. As I sat there pondering I immediately became aware of my thoughts on pollution. But soon after, whilst in a dreamy, meditative state I abandoned these thoughts in favor of an idea that was new and exciting.
I began to see these chemical blotches in the water as complete ideas, as philosophical truths running into each other on the surface. And what lay beneath the surface were those I could not see clearly nor comprehend. They were deeper wisdoms yet to be discovered.
It was this pool of philosophy, of truth I was initially trying to re-create but during the painting process and as it developed more I began to see other ideas and became compelled to somehow link these new ideas with those that already existed. These were a culmination of ideas from a very influential book I was engrossed in at the time.
In Conversations with God (Book 3) by Neale Donald Walsch, God explains that “We are all one” that we should not be separated from each other and from God. With this the painting was rearranged so that the blotches could represent us as being separate from each other while also having some connection to God and could also represent our philosophies and truths. This connection to God is shown by the white areas which represents the energy that is the ‘one.’ In the same book God exclaims, “We are all the same energy, coalesced, compressed in different ways to create different forms and different matter.” In the painting we are separated by groups and by each other. But slowly we are merging into one.
The truth of my painting is that only when we become one with God and one with each other, will we discover, know and understand the greater philosophical, universal and spiritual truths that lay hidden deep beneath the surface of the shimmering pool of truth.

“You experience that you and I are One, but you refuse to believe it. Thus you are separate not only from each other, but from your own truth.”
-God, Conversations with God (Book 3), page 261.

I'm thinking of painting more like this but with a subject in it because its just too plain. Maybe something could be reflected in the water. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of CAMRO9UJ.jpg (69.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by imageimaginer : 04-10-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
e-ma

It's lovely, II, I could imagine it being a beautiful fabric print. It reminds me of a raindrop analogy that I read about the dissolution of ego once. The analogy says that when we are living in ego, we are like raindrops, each seperate and shiny and bold. When we dissolve our ego it is like the raindrop joining the ocean - you are suddenly not a seperate entity any more but part of an immense, greater whole. That really stuck with me..
Old 04-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Light Mage

I love the way the colours melt into each other to create that marbled effect.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Master
imageimaginer....it's a lovely painting, truly!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Master
Found one the other day that just really touched me.
http://www.larmayartstudio.com/
It's called His Eye on the Sparrow by Judith Larmay

I like a lot of what rassouli does..it's mostly abstract art.

http://www.rassouli.com/

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Enlightener

I like this guy: http://www.rogerdean.com/

http://www.rogerdean.com/upclose/index.htm

Enlightener
Closed Thread