Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
theophilus, the earth has undergone a number of extinction events. There is plenty of scientific proof of that. And if you study the Yugas, it's clear extinction cycles are an entirely natural and recurring aspect of material-spiritual existence. But that's a secondary observation here.
I warmly respect what you're hoping to convey to this poster but I've become so jaded over the years of attempting to discuss such things with those so convinced that the bible is the only means of perception allowable. This is why I'm so jokingly dismissive when I encounter those oriented in such a way. Those wired in this way must be doing so for a reason that escapes any hopes of a rational interaction.

This doesn't mean that these individuals are not intelligent. In most other subjects I have gotten along swimmingly with the same folks, But when it comes to the bible there seems to be a unconditionally-deep rhythm of programing that simply doesn't budge, regardless of the quality of observations to the contrary.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
But when it comes to the bible there seems to be a unconditionally-deep rhythm of programing that simply doesn't budge, regardless of the quality of observations to the contrary.
I post what I do, not to suggest I have all the answers, or to say any of it is even true. I post what I do, to show that spiritual understanding is an ongoing life-long search. And one way to begin investigating these questions, is to research all the various religious and spiritual philosophies, to see what they each have to say. And by identifying the common threads and similar ideas of each philosophy, one can piece together a kind of general intuitive understanding of what it is that just might be true as it applies to our human evolution.

That said, regardless of what one discovers, it doesn't ever have to be Truth with a capital T. Seeking for truth on that level is a fool's errand. This is the critical difference between the absolute truth of religious belief, versus the ever-evolving truth of the intuitive wisdom path. Truth is not in any external teachings. Rather, truth is in the soul exploration journey itself; in the revelations and subsequent growth and evolution the soul undergoes as it explores these questions.

I post all this because most people haven't woken up to this inner truth and wisdom path. Humanity needs a good shake now; needs to move on to a higher way of exploring these questions. If what I post helps someone, or doesn't help anyone, or if people choose not to read what I post, it doesn't concern me. That's not what I do it for. I do it because it's time.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Ascender
Quote:
That said, regardless of what one discovers, it doesn't ever have to be Truth with a capital T. Seeking for truth on that level is a fool's errand. This is the critical difference between the absolute truth of religious belief, versus the ever-evolving truth of the intuitive wisdom path. Truth is not in any external teachings. Rather, truth is in the soul exploration journey itself; in the revelations and subsequent growth and evolution the soul undergoes as it explores these questions.

It's been my experience that our soul is not questioning this game, that we now find ourselves in, with as much effort as we're questioning it ourselves. Our souls are curious, but not in the least bit confused. Should your soul poke it's head into your world (as mind did some years ago) it's quite clear in an instant that we're inhabiting a place that our soul has a much better grasp of.

When the contrast between our experience (while being oriented in this way) is compared to the energy of the soul and it's infinite reach, it's like comparing a rock to the manor in which our body functions as a highly complex and integrative cooperative.

If our soul want's us to know something it will tell us.

What most of these folks, who designed philosophies and religions, are doing is mostly an attempt at trying to bring philosophical structure to an environment where none really exists. The trees, the plants, all animals and insects as well as our bodies don't operate off of any type of such semantics. They are all wired in a way quite different than anything that could be strung together with thoughts in relation to words.

Quote:
I post all this because most people haven't woken up to this inner truth and wisdom path. Humanity needs a good shake now; needs to move on to a higher way of exploring these questions. If what I post helps someone, or doesn't help anyone, or if people choose not to read what I post, it doesn't concern me. That's not what I do it for. I do it because it's time.
I understand where you're coming from and that's why I like reading your posts. Your intuitive grasp of what you're focused comes through in a very clear way. But I'm not sure that much of this is transferable to another. Those who are awakening, in the ways that you mention, are doing so based on inner prompting. They then move around and look for the words and the people who best represent what they're feeling. The inner prompting comes first, the looking comes second. So the best that we could hope for with such writings is to encourage another to "open" yet further by helping them feel better oriented toward what at first feels a little bit "out-there"
An individual who is not already responding to this inner-prompting-toward-an-expansive-experience is not likely to shift toward such greater openness, no matter how proficient we become at presenting the greater-depth of such options.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
If our soul want's us to know something it will tell us.

The trees, the plants, all animals and insects as well as our bodies don't operate off of any type of such semantics. They are all wired in a way quite different than anything that could be strung together with thoughts in relation to words.
This is it of course. In all honesty I barely understand the point of these spiritual inquiry threads anymore. Because the exploration is never really about finding an answer. It's only about affirming whatever aligns with the individual's belief paradigm. That's an interesting thought about wired differently, I sense that's what's changing in me. I exist in my space, in the way nature exists in the world without thought of what came before or its purpose for being here now. And I listen for soul questions the same way I'm walking along the road and suddenly become aware of the sound of the wind.

Last edited by Baile : 04-06-2016 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:49 AM
Master
It's been raining for the past week here, torrentially...solid.

I wake up today and the local creek over the road has burst its banks and there's water lapping at my front door and about a foot of it all over my front lawn with ducks swimming around on my lawn (at least they are enjoying this)!

Meanwhile, I'm out of milk, sugar, bread, cigs and I'm like "oh joy...do I stay dry and comfortable or give in to my caffeine and nicotine cravings?" eventually, the latter won out.

Walking around trying to understand the nature of spiritual forums and spiritual inquiry threads...listening for those deep 'soul questions'...

Damn! they're out of Farmhouse Gold milk...well, so much for that 'full, creamy taste...'
Old 04-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
This is it of course. In all honesty I barely understand the point of these spiritual inquiry threads anymore. Because the exploration is never really about finding an answer. It's only about affirming whatever aligns with the individual's belief paradigm. That's an interesting thought about wired differently, I sense that's what's changing in me. I exist in my space, in the way nature exists in the world without thought of what came before or its purpose for being here now. And I listen for soul questions the same way I'm walking along the road and suddenly become aware of the sound of the wind.
We've been trained to think of "answers" as something applicable to all.
Science can carve out little segments of "reality" and identify it in such a way that pleases our brains need for order. We can individually build belief structures that tend to mirror what others are thinking. We tend to gravitate toward a one-size-fits-all way of thinking because it's comforting to feel like we're all alike in some way.

But you were a school teacher for a number of years. The person sitting next to you in a restaurant wouldn't know of your experience. Their thoughts and identifications would be formatted by experience in a way that differs from your own . Your family experience would be different from theirs, your traumas and joys would be likewise.

When we truly want to address the spiritual, in a way that is vibrant and alive, we need to focus on the fact that this is so. The one-size-fits-all is impossible to establish, and maintain, because there are no two people who have evolved in this lifetime in like manor.

Spirituality is about here, and not here. We're needing to understand our customized way of being, and the way in which it's directing our thoughts, as a means of rising above those habits in order to perceive without being "contained". If we simply memorize what others are telling us then we'll do so based on our own unexplored assumptions. In which case we simply add to the manor in which we happened to have been programmed by what's habitually settled-in over time.

Most folks are trapped in their programming. How many people have you known since your early childhood or from high school who haven't really changed much over time? They continue to reinforce what they long felt they knew. So for them an "answer" would look very different from the one that you would derive from looking at the same experiential data that you daily encounter.

Spirituality is unlike any other study because everything needs to be laid out on the table in order for us to move-on. It all comes from inside yourself. With the spiritual you are forever in transition. So "answers" would be conditional until the next wave of change undoes what once felt so certain. :)
Old 23-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Nice discussion.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Suspended
Master
All this flood talk and symbolisms,bible got me thinking about Revelations 12:15. Maybe the serpent is the same snake in the supposed Garden of Eden where this God being put the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. Wow is that why this God figure created Evil. Maybe the Genesis Snake and the Revelations Snake and the generation of vipers this Jesus figure spoke about are all the same being. And Im not a Christian btw although I do like the symbolisms of the Hebraic roots.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
All this flood talk and symbolisms,bible got me thinking about Revelations 12:15. Maybe the serpent is the same snake in the supposed Garden of Eden where this God being put the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. Wow is that why this God figure created Evil. Maybe the Genesis Snake and the Revelations Snake and the generation of vipers this Jesus figure spoke about are all the same being.
Or perhaps none of the above... it's amazing the juggling of imagery that the human mind can come up with. :)
Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Or perhaps none of the above... it's amazing the juggling of imagery that the human mind can come up with. :)
Yes I totally agree, it's about time someone responded truthfully. Sorry for my blatant ignorance with all the crud in the world I may have missed some of them(People speaking honestly)!Truthfully I'm always on the look out for them, with that, glad to have rediscovered your acquaintance. I heard this other acquaintance say that there's this place thats called Within. i asked him where it was He said it's certainly not in your grammar.lol. He went onto say its near a place called Without, to get to Without you'd have to come to a place called Below, and one other place called Above. He mentioned at any time you come to any one of these four locations you would've already arrived at the other locations simultaneously. I was thinking wow what a strange place this is.
How joyful it is when the idea of Returning to once was is realised and already is.