Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 01-07-2018, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
‘Assemblage Point of Awareness’ primarily became lodged/centered/assembled in the all-inclusive Collective Space rather than in the separate self-identity.
Expanding on that a little bit.

In the totemic Aboriginal worldview:
Quote:
Identifying with 'something other' than one's physically manifested persona allows a person the opportunity to transcend ordinary reality in an act of union (of physical and transcendental dimensions/realities). From Aboriginal point of view not to have a double or shadow in the world is seen to be condemned to an inferior existence governed by physical sense realities only. The Totemic "double" thus acts as an "intermediary" between physical and other; - transcendental/spatial dimensions.

Somewhat similarly in ‘our’ animist worldview the real self is not identified as being the physically manifested persona, the ‘me/I’, but is understood to be the soul named “ies” (the “Self” or the “Shadow Soul” or the “Shadow Deity” or the "Suoje-Protector", a soul which has also been called the “free-soul” as it is the soul part that leaves the body after death appearing as a ghost - or the soul part - the living can project ahead of themselves and can be seen, heard or felt by others as a person’s “doppelgänger”.

From the reference point of "ies - the real self" - the physically manifested persona is more like a hollow/empty, holographic extension.

It is this "ies" soul which is also the "intermediary" between physical and other; - transcendental/spatial dimensions.
I.e. “ies” is the sounding board to experience the “world” on the more “energetic terms” or “other dimensional” terms.
After all, we do not only live in the “Middle World” but the “Below World” and the “Upper World” do intersect or overlap.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Newbie ;)

In the ‘Unified Field’ perfection already exists.[/quote]

Precisely my thoughts as well. The universe as a whole requires stasis and dynamics at the same time to be truly functional. As Above, So Below.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Master
Northern Seeker, I to find it hard to find somebody that is in to animism.

I wish more people would look at the subject.
Old 24-11-2018, 05:16 AM
Master
When I lived is Asia, the belief was common. In the West, you hear "What?"
Old 24-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Seeker
* I’m assuming here that we might never truly know what it means to be an ant, or a bat, or whether a fern has any kind of consciousness. But I would suggest that it costs nothing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and we have much to gain in perceiving, for example, a forest as a wondrous glade full of incredible beings shaping their collective destinies rather than as a soulless geography of bio-machines simply executing their mechanistic programming.
Hi Northern Seeker.. A wonderful thought.. thanks for sharing it here! I'm quite appalled by the dominant productivist mindset as well.
As for why 'animism' isn't mentioned.. it's probably because animism can already be part of pantheistic and polytheistic belief systems.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Seeker
Greetings all,

I’m a little surprised to find a whopping ZERO threads that contain the term “animism”. Even searching for “animism” in message bodies turns up a scant list of fairly tangential references.

So, in the spirit of completeness, are there any self-prescribed animists out there that would like to share their beliefs or experiences?

I agree with your sentiments regarding the deficit of animistic posts here. Animism is beautiful, and the most primeval "religion," on earth. I use the word "re-ligion" loosely, to mean its etymological essence "re-ligere," meaning to re-link you back with Spirit: the Animus/Anima/Psyche of things and of the earth.

I'm an animist by culture. In Southeast Asia, the ancient/indigenous animism there never went anywhere. It co-exists along side Brahmanism and Buddhism. I also got initiated into an African animistic "religion" recently.

Animism, its essential fundaments/components and principles are universal. It doesn't matter what culture or race, the fundaments are universal. It's so old, it predates our own species. There are indications that Homo Neanderthalis were animists. I recently wrote a 300 page zine entire about Animism and its shamanic, magical, and sorcerous practices.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Just because humans are the only universal creation that choses to talk about its shared spirituality in language only we can understand. Just means we do not yet communicate in a universally understood way. The spoken/written word contains the greatest truth, and the greatest lie. Speak less and listen more. All things contain the spark of universal connectedness. Everything we are was created at the same time as everything else.