Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
~Jay~

Templeborough Steelworks, Sheffield

We took the kids to this place yesterday for a day out. The steelworks were closed down in 1993, and converted into a science adventure centre called Magna. There is still much of the original features to the place however, as it is also a museum dedicated to the old industry.

The reason I'm mentioning this place is that I knew as soon as I stepped inside that it was haunted. The atmosphere affected the whole family, and really took some getting used to! My husband used to work as a coal-miner, but even he said that it must have been a hostile environment to work in, like hell on Earth. As we were walking round, I saw in my mind's eye two male spirits following us. If I'd have had the chance, I would have liked to tune in properly and try to communicate, but as I was with the family I kept this information to myself. The kids were already frightened as it was. Perhaps it was a good job I didn't in any case, as today I've found out it was built over an old Roman Fort & Temple.

The Templeborough Fort http://www.roman-britain.org/places/templeborough.htm

And from Wiki: [i]Templeborough (grid reference SK410916) is a district in the metropolitan borough of Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England.

The area takes its name from the remains of the Roman fort found here. This was first built in wood c55, and was later rebuilt in stone. It is thought to have been occupied until the Roman withdrawal from England c410. The remains were first believed to be that of a Roman Temple. The Roman road called Icknield Street (sometimes Ryknild or Riknild Street) crossed the River Don at a ford close to the fort. There was also a road that ran from the fort to Brough-on-Noe in Derbyshire. Archeaological excavations were carried out in the 1860s, and again in 1917. Finds from both excavations are now housed in Clifton Park Museum in Rotherham. The original stone columns from the Roman granary at Templeborough Fort were re-erected in Clifton Park in 1922.

The remains of the fort were covered by a steelworks in 1917 to make artillery shells for use in World War I.

At their height in the mid-20th century the Templeborough steelworks employed 10,000 people. The steelworks closed in 1993 and have since been converted into a museum
Old 15-01-2007, 02:27 PM
ljepotica

Hey Jaycee,

It's interesting you mention Templeborough Steelworks for as I was reading your post I felt a bit weird.
Then I decided to google it and although I got no pictures I started to feel an intense feeling in my head as if something was trying to squeeze my head and trying to "suffocate" my head, my head also started spinning as if something like a massive but slow tornado was whirling inside-which is my way of recognising spirits...
I wonder if there wasn't any "bad stuff" going on around the grounds many years ago. I sensed a negative atmosphere and for some reason I have an image of some kind of slaughter or sacrifice taking place in the name of some dark activity or force...

It could just be my imagination but I do wonder if whether or not some innocent people were murdered/sacrificed on that site many many years ago...

It's just what I pick-up but I wonder if you or anybody else picks something sinister concerning this site.

Am curious to hear what others think and please let me know what you think Jaycee.

Lots of love and positivity,

xxx
Old 15-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Ascended Master

[quote=Jaycee]We took the kids to this place yesterday for a day out. The steelworks were closed down in 1993, and converted into a science adventure centre called Magna. There is still much of the original features to the place however, as it is also a museum dedicated to the old industry.

The reason I'm mentioning this place is that I knew as soon as I stepped inside that it was haunted. The atmosphere affected the whole family, and really took some getting used to! My husband used to work as a coal-miner, but even he said that it must have been a hostile environment to work in, like hell on Earth. As we were walking round, I saw in my mind's eye two male spirits following us. If I'd have had the chance, I would have liked to tune in properly and try to communicate, but as I was with the family I kept this information to myself. The kids were already frightened as it was. Perhaps it was a good job I didn't in any case, as today I've found out it was built over an old Roman Fort & Temple.

The Templeborough Fort http://www.roman-britain.org/places/templeborough.htm

And from Wiki: [i]Templeborough (grid reference SK410916) is a district in the metropolitan borough of Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England.

The area takes its name from the remains of the Roman fort found here. This was first built in wood c55, and was later rebuilt in stone. It is thought to have been occupied until the Roman withdrawal from England c410. The remains were first believed to be that of a Roman Temple. The Roman road called Icknield Street (sometimes Ryknild or Riknild Street) crossed the River Don at a ford close to the fort. There was also a road that ran from the fort to Brough-on-Noe in Derbyshire. Archeaological excavations were carried out in the 1860s, and again in 1917. Finds from both excavations are now housed in Clifton Park Museum in Rotherham. The original stone columns from the Roman granary at Templeborough Fort were re-erected in Clifton Park in 1922.

The remains of the fort were covered by a steelworks in 1917 to make artillery shells for use in World War I.

At their height in the mid-20th century the Templeborough steelworks employed 10,000 people. The steelworks closed in 1993 and have since been converted into a museum
Old 16-01-2007, 09:55 AM
~Jay~

Hi Ljepotica

I'm so glad you've told me what you picked up from this, as it really does confirm the very negative feelings of my own from this place. My original post wasn't nearly strong enough in describing how I felt! It took me days to get over it properly, and I, too, felt that there was some very dark ritualistic-type behaviour going on there in the past. I can't believe they've turned this into a kid's attraction.....but then again, I can

If you or anyone else picks any more things up from here, I would be very grateful to hear about them!

Hi AM I thought there must have been a templar association with the name, somehow! Hmm, would be interesting to see if there's any information about their activities in this area in years gone by....will try and do some research when I can get round to it, lol.
Old 16-01-2007, 06:51 PM
cweiters

Spirits

Jaycee imho your son would be more likely to pick up on spirts than you are. Although he might not mention it and you, no need to pump him for an answer. I am asking for protection for your children, I would like to suggest that you clense their aura or have someone do it for you first chance you get. Children are afraid to talk of spirits they are still busy trying to understand what they can see.

Apples never fall far from the tree.

Love and protection to all
cw
Old 16-01-2007, 07:50 PM
~Jay~

Very good advice cweiters, thankyou!
Old 16-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
Hi Ljepotica

I'm so glad you've told me what you picked up from this, as it really does confirm the very negative feelings of my own from this place. My original post wasn't nearly strong enough in describing how I felt! It took me days to get over it properly, and I, too, felt that there was some very dark ritualistic-type behaviour going on there in the past. I can't believe they've turned this into a kid's attraction.....but then again, I can

If you or anyone else picks any more things up from here, I would be very grateful to hear about them!

Hi AM I thought there must have been a templar association with the name, somehow! Hmm, would be interesting to see if there's any information about their activities in this area in years gone by....will try and do some research when I can get round to it, lol.

Hi Jay! lol
Fancy a group lightworker meet to eradicate said ritualistic behavoiur!
Got a bit to do here, but in a couple of months would be ideal...
May need to get your light armour on?! lol
But it'd be both fun and adventuresome!
AM x
Old 16-01-2007, 08:23 PM
~Jay~

You mean, you want to get me back into that place???

*gulps*...Ok then....
Old 16-01-2007, 08:32 PM
ljepotica

Hey Jaycee,

I'm not into telling people what to do but I would just like to give you some advice-if that's ok with you...

I think it would be better if you don't take your children there again-or if you can help it to another place like that-again you don't have to follow my advice-for it's just advice...

From what I sense I ask the angels to surround your children and protect them and send them positive and beautiful energy by wrapping their wings around the little ones...I ask them to cleanse your children of any negative energies they may have picked-up...they (the angels) will be with your little ones always and especially watch over them at night when they're sleeping...they will be soothed and cleansed and fully healed...

May the angels bless you and your family...

Take care,

Lots of love...

xxxxx
Old 16-01-2007, 08:36 PM
~Jay~

Thankyou Ljepotica! I can honestly say I have no intention of taking my children back there - but you would be horrified by the amount of them that were there that day we visited - even down to little babies.

Much love & thanks,

Jay xx
Closed Thread