Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-03-2011, 03:20 AM
SunMist

I have been omnivore, lacto-ovo vegetarian and vegan for different time periods so I can compare in my own experience. Being vegan was absolutely the cleanest spiritually - hands down, no question, my sensitivity to energy sky rocketed and I could meditate easily and more deeply. Vegetarian similar but less so. Eating meat for me weighs down my energy and if I eat meat (or dairy or eggs) that came from factory farming where the animal suffered in life as well as death I can absolutely feel the difference. It is worth the money to buy free-range eggs/meat if you can because the energies contained in our modern factory farmed animals' meat is awful, because their lives are horrible. It is truly shocking how much needless suffering is inflicted on these animals just for greater profit.

So even outside of the moral question of whether one should eat meat at all, those are the effects I feel. Many years ago I spontaneously stopped eating beef and I suspect it was because of these effects. I guess if you wanted to eat in the highest form possible with injury to none fruits and nuts & seeds would be the way to go. No plant has to die for those but I'm not sure how healthy it would be for the body.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Master
What some people are saying is basically: ''The whole world is ignorant, except India..''

That's an ethnocentric view.
And even in that place people were hunters for quite a long time..
So again you're saying: ''Only in the last 10.000+ years has spirituality changed it course.''

Killing the cow is considered a bigger sin than killing other animals. And, the domestic cow is a new kid on the block.. =/

Humans have eaten meat for hundreds of thousands of years.. our bodies are omnivore. If 'God' wanted us to be a herbivore we would've been one!

Again it's cultural morals that are presented as universal fact.

It comes down to ethics, and ethics are subjective!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Sangress

Apparently there have been tests conducted that show that plants experience awareness in very basic and powerful forms (knowing when danger is near, reacting to damage, thriving when they know there is less or no threat of danger.)

From what I remembered this test was conducted with sensory equipment while a person who had previously harmed the plant some time before actually entered the same room it was in. Interestingly the sensory device went berserk when the threatening individual was in the room...and when the plant was confronted with another person who had stroked its leaves and greeted it previously, it responded in a completely different way.

Personally, I don't put much stock to those kinds of studies...though with my own "conversations" with plants I've gone by personal experience to say, yeh, they have intelligence of a different variety to animals or a rock...but that doesn't make it any less important (to me.)

I honestly see no difference really since its all living and aware.

I believe everything should be given the same amount of respect and reverence regardless of whether it be plant, animal or mineral...etc.

And since I'm all in with equality and nature, I respect a predators natural place in the world and the prey as well, and just let it be.

Essentially what I'm saying is that I don't give certain animals...etc special privileges or consider them to be superior to any other, so I'll eat what is available and keep up the natural cycle as it has been for a very long time regardless of any moralistic debates...etc.

My opinion is probably a little bit biased or something, considering I eat everything. :P
Old 13-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I read somewhere that people who believe there is no difference between eating animal flesh and eating a plant should go to a slaughter house to watch animals being killed and then see how they feel.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of people who had thought there was no difference would radically change their views. It's hardly the same as picking a tomato off the vine and eating it.
Old 13-03-2011, 07:11 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Apparently there have been tests conducted that show that plants experience awareness in very basic and powerful forms (knowing when danger is near, reacting to damage, thriving when they know there is less or no threat of danger.)

From what I remembered this test was conducted with sensory equipment while a person who had previously harmed the plant some time before actually entered the same room it was in. Interestingly the sensory device went berserk when the threatening individual was in the room...and when the plant was confronted with another person who had stroked its leaves and greeted it previously, it responded in a completely different way.

Personally, I don't put much stock to those kinds of studies...though with my own "conversations" with plants I've gone by personal experience to say, yeh, they have intelligence of a different variety to animals or a rock...but that doesn't make it any less important (to me.)

I honestly see no difference really since its all living and aware.

I believe everything should be given the same amount of respect and reverence regardless of whether it be plant, animal or mineral...etc.

And since I'm all in with equality and nature, I respect a predators natural place in the world and the prey as well, and just let it be.

Essentially what I'm saying is that I don't give certain animals...etc special privileges or consider them to be superior to any other, so I'll eat what is available and keep up the natural cycle as it has been for a very long time regardless of any moralistic debates...etc.

My opinion is probably a little bit biased or something, considering I eat everything. :P

This is always the example I use, and these are more or less my thoughts on the matter.
Old 23-03-2011, 08:39 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
If 'God' wanted us to be a herbivore we would've been one!

[/b]

Perhaps that is why 'He' created plants without a brain and a nervous system to carry pain signals.
Old 23-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Perhaps that is why 'He' created plants without a brain and a nervous system to carry pain signals.
I don't believe in creationism, I was making the point as it's undoubtedly needed on a spiritual forum. ;)
Old 23-03-2011, 09:49 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I don't believe in creationism, I was making the point as it's undoubtedly needed on a spiritual forum. ;)

So you believe in the 'miracle' of evolution eh? I guess everyone is guilty of "leaps of faith".
Old 23-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Master
the beauty on this system, this reality is, we can move forward when we are ready. it is up to every individual, and yes we are individuals as long we are in this reality, to choose the next step.

There is more to it, but for the individual down her, this is how it works.
Old 23-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
So you believe in the 'miracle' of evolution eh? I guess everyone is guilty of "leaps of faith".
It isn't an opponent of creationism. It's about how life changes, not how it came into being.

And our omnivore nature is part of it. It even allows us to choose from various diets, so veg people should honour our ancestry.