Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 28-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Newbie ;)

This happens to me ofter and in the beginning my husband was accusing me to be cold hearted,seeing only negative first,bla bla bla...
When I met his friends or people in the same group I just felt odd and few I really didn't like. They were all polite and chatty with me. Luckuly I could use an excuse my portuguese(Brazilian friends) is not good for a conversation so they left me alone. I had few arguments with my husband about it but it turned out I was right all along. He is very oposite. When he meets new people,he accepts them with open heart,everyone is good mentality and Im the cranky one :)

It also happened when I met his brothers girlfriend. For about 6 months prior meeting her all of his family was telling me good stuff about her,how she can't wait to help me with a baby(she would live with us for few months),help cooking,etc... so I got excited to meet her in person for the first time. I tried my best to hide my true feelings about her because in first hour I had this big dislike of her. She was friendly,chatty,all excited.... but I felt something off about her. It bugged me because I couldn't say anything to anyone. I started mentioning it to my hubby and as soon as he gave me that known look,I stopped. Still hoping I am wrong about her. Fast forward 1 month of her living with us. Worst experience ever! Everything I thought,sensed she will do,she did. it came to the point that I was packing my stuff to stay with my family until she leaves my house and even willing to end my relationship. My good hearted hubby was torn bettween us as he didnt want to loose us and he couldn't just kick her out as she didn't have money for a flight ticket back home.

When things resolved(she left) we had a big chat about my first feelings about the person and now he always asks me for my opinion when meeting someone new.
I don't want to be negative Nancy but I am always right about people :)
Old 30-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Seeker
I think there are people more sensitive then others and those people are able to feel the 'energy' of the other person. I'm not saying that if I meet someone new and this person don't suits my feelings she/he's a bad persone, WELL sometimes s/he actually is, but other time that persone has just different 'vibration' a different frequency then mine, so there's like an incompatibility, us two can't resonate together well. I actually have strong first impression, and who knows me well ask me sometime what I think of a specific person, and most of the times I make a description of what I feel that person is like, unfortunately too many times those friends came back to me saying 'you were right'.
So long story short, what you feel something about a person put a special attention to it, and just wait to discover why that person gave you that sensation.

For example! Few week ago I was watching a tv shows where people when to do plastic surgeon, and there where this woman I didn't like at all, very strong feeling came to me as she felt (in my opinion) shallow and superficial. Right after here, I turned to my mom and said, "see? Look at this other woman, she give me a sense of peace, of--a very nice and good person!", it didn't even passed three minutes that this woman on the tv started talking about crystals, and being spiritual and this kind of stuff, and I was like frozen, cause that pretty fast! AHAHA
Aaand that's it, I could talk about this experiences over and over, so sometimes it isn't just about chemistry cause to me happen even to people never met or saw on a photos.
Old 30-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBee
(I didn't know what forum to post this in. Please move it if it's in the wrong place.)

Sometimes, when I first meet someone, I instantly feel that I dislike them, even though they're being 100% polite and friendly and overall doing nothing wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling sometimes? If so, what is it? ESP? Intuition?
Many times, I was told I was right in my first impression about unknown people. All I can say is that it comes as a feeling, before any rationalization, without an explanation.

intuition = the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning

And intuition seems to be some kind of ESP :)
Old 13-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Knower

I've had this as well. My sister made friends with this girl. She seemed reasonably polite and normal based on body language. I even found her kind of attractive. But there was something I didn't like about her. She just seemed empty and off. I later found out she beat up people for fun.
Old 19-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBee
(I didn't know what forum to post this in. Please move it if it's in the wrong place.)

Sometimes, when I first meet someone, I instantly feel that I dislike them, even though they're being 100% polite and friendly and overall doing nothing wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling sometimes? If so, what is it? ESP? Intuition?

Hi SaraBee and welcome to the forum. It definitely could be ones intuition launching into ones consciousness. Could be ESP too if you're picking up on something that isn't spoken, but felt about a person. I tend to think auras come into play to a great extent. Each person's aura has energy bands that flare outward toward others up to 4-5 feet. When one instantly picks up on things about another that either resonate with them or not, I believe it's the auras that are touching, connecting or repelling. Energy effects other energy when it intercepts in the case of aura energy. That's why someone that is suffering with a case of a bad mood, for example, might turn off another person who has a higher frequency energy band around them at the same time.

Last edited by blackraven : 20-08-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 25-08-2017, 04:42 AM
Master
Some people also have a very strong psychic energy field that just puts other people totally off from the word go.

Their ego feels directly under threat and the other person may display certain characteristics they lack within themselves like self-confidence or openness and their mere existence painfully reminds them of it.

I am such a person and others immediately tend to decide they don't like me and want nothing to do, when if they only sat down and had a cuppa with me...got to know me a bit, they will find out I don't bite. lol

However, I feel that others tend to rely on their intuition too much and a lot of the time, their intuition is wrong because fear and guilt gets in the way.

A lot of people simply do not have the 'time' to get to know another and if they decide they don't like you in 5 minutes, it's 'let's move on to the next soul in the whole human chain of being'. It's all pretty superficial imho.

Also, in this day and age, it's 'trust no-one' and so the immediate bias is there anyway before it even starts.
Old 26-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Some people also have a very strong psychic energy field that just puts other people totally off from the word go.

Their ego feels directly under threat and the other person may display certain characteristics they lack within themselves like self-confidence or openness and their mere existence painfully reminds them of it.

I am such a person and others immediately tend to decide they don't like me and want nothing to do, when if they only sat down and had a cuppa with me...got to know me a bit, they will find out I don't bite. lol

However, I feel that others tend to rely on their intuition too much and a lot of the time, their intuition is wrong because fear and guilt gets in the way.

A lot of people simply do not have the 'time' to get to know another and if they decide they don't like you in 5 minutes, it's 'let's move on to the next soul in the whole human chain of being'. It's all pretty superficial imho.

Also, in this day and age, it's 'trust no-one' and so the immediate bias is there anyway before it even starts.

You made so many good points, Necromancer. Seems like people only have so much time to make an impression (good or bad) on another. I've often gone home and said, "Why did I say that? I don't think I made a good impression." Frustrates me too, because really no one can truly know me, but myself, but still so, I'd like people to get to know me very well first before passing a quick judgment. Seems like many people these days have more time to have their noses in their phones then to converse and have real dialogue with others. Kinda sad.
Old 27-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Guide

Quote:

This is really interesting Necromancer, yes their are definitely people who aren't in touch with their intuition and can make snap judgements on others which may not be justified. Though I strongly suggest that if you are in touch with your intuition to always trust it, I am never wrong when it comes to others, I have let people into my life given them the benefit of the doubt but in the end I was always correct in my initial thoughts.

You seem to feel that others don't give you a chance and are dismissive of you. Something I picked up from another thread was that you openly describe yourself as a psychopath, if this is the case then others will likely pick up in your psychopathic tenancies and give you a wide berth.
Old 27-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
This is really interesting Necromancer, yes their are definitely people who aren't in touch with their intuition and can make snap judgements on others which may not be justified. Though I strongly suggest that if you are in touch with your intuition to always trust it, I am never wrong when it comes to others, I have let people into my life given them the benefit of the doubt but in the end I was always correct in my initial thoughts.

You seem to feel that others don't give you a chance and are dismissive of you. Something I picked up from another thread was that you openly describe yourself as a psychopath, if this is the case then others will likely pick up in your psychopathic tenancies and give you a wide berth.
Yeah...and that only goes to perpetuate all those innate tendencies.

I wonder how many of us are like that because we are simply not given any chance though? Then you have to wonder if the chicken or the egg came first.

Was I born this way, or did societal attitudes make me this way? hard to tell.

Maybe if I was loved more, hugged more, appreciated more this would not have happened, but it's also difficult to get any 'breakthrough' whatsoever, if the psychosis just keeps feeding into itself and then becomes reinforced through societal attitudes and behaviours.
Old 27-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Yeah...and that only goes to perpetuate all those innate tendencies.

I wonder how many of us are like that because we are simply not given any chance though? Then you have to wonder if the chicken or the egg came first.

Was I born this way, or did societal attitudes make me this way? hard to tell.

Maybe if I was loved more, hugged more, appreciated more this would not have happened, but it's also difficult to get any 'breakthrough' whatsoever, if the psychosis just keeps feeding into itself and then becomes reinforced through societal attitudes and behaviours.

I ask myself these same questions a lot, you did say that your father was a psychopath so it could be inherited or learned, I have also heard many suggestions for psychopathy being something a person is born with.

There are quite a few members of my family with psychopathic tendancies, I was on the codependant side. In my own families experience these tendancies could be learned, inherited or natural. I'm not sure if we will ever know exactly how this comes about.