Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Ascender

Ive done a few Mindfulness meditation things, only 5 minutes long stuff. Cant say I felt spiritual, just a lot of heavy breathing and darkness LOL
Old 15-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
Have you ever had any personal experiences that shattered your belief in everything you know? I've other understandings of what they are.
It's good to question things :) But it's also good to get your own experiences, and forget the books every once in a while. Have you tried open-eye meditations? Or meditation in general?

I also used to be skeptical. actually quite deeply skeptical, possibly still am in many ways. Questioning is good, it helps expand the mind. I have a wall consisting of a bookcase with a library of of books over seasons of learning and experiencing.

Yet through all these there has always been that something so deep which tells me something about who I am and everything that I am but unable to put in words. This is a knowing which gives me a form of acceptance, maybe I had to go through to arrive to where the clouds of cover part? .

I have had experiences in life so unexplainable, yet tells me something that is more real and more than we are as human beings. I cannot put into words.

One experience I can share in words was the experience of receiving a Reiki attunement years ago. I am today and have been for 10yrs now a Reiki/Jin Kei Do master teacher, but what I could not get my head round is that a person can sit on a chair, a ceremony of symbols are visualised into their mind and heart and they walk out 'experiencing' a connection to the healing energy. It still surprises me.

Why do I go off topic slightly here? Its because for me here is an unexplainable evidence that there is something else beyond what we perceive as everyday life. I suppose in a way contributes towards the evidence of what we don't know awaiting to be discovered.

Open eye meditation sounds interesting. I did something similar years ago, took some practice though.

What were your experiences that shattered everything you knew Mystical Shamen?
Old 15-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Ive done a few Mindfulness meditation things, only 5 minutes long stuff. Cant say I felt spiritual, just a lot of heavy breathing and darkness LOL

Mindfulness can be quite powerful and can create such calming effect. I feel the more time, patience and practice can make the experience more enriched.

Certainly by just being an observer without looking for expectations.
Old 15-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Ascender

Trouble is something always pops in my mind that makes me want to laugh LOL
Old 15-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Trouble is something always pops in my mind that makes me want to laugh LOL

Old 15-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Master
Red face

"Are we all conning ourselves ?" ....... Hmmmm ?

That is a question that only the individual can answer for themselves.

Whether skeptic or total believer in the afterlife, we have to decide for ourselves according to our thought process and personal experiences.

I choose to believe totally that the soul carries on after the mortal life ends.

We are on a long journey that is unknown to us while we are here, but afterwards, when we wake up to our true selves, we remember the why and everything is clear to us.

Recent contact with four deceased loved ones at a totally cold reading confirmed to us what countless signs and messages already told us .... we are therefore content in this knowledge.

Believe it or not ...... It is irrelevant to me, but I could only wish for you the peace and happiness this allows us in life now.

It is a very liberating feeling indeed.
Old 15-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Ascender

The craziest thing is we wont even know it when we die; we wont get 10 secs to say "yeah there was nothing after all" it will just be BOOM!!!

Maybe that's a good thing I suppose?
Old 15-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Master
That is just from your perspective though metal ..... I know otherwise
Old 15-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Ascender

Id love to have that certainty!!

Do you ever have bad days though, when it falters?
Old 15-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Master
Sure I did ...... Until the contact two weeks ago.

We are all given a mind to question, and sometimes it can lead us to some dark places, but now, my mind is clear.

Beyond reasonable doubt and then some is how I would describe it now if asked.

Truly, I hope this for you someday.