Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-12-2012, 04:47 AM
travelgirlfl

ways to increase chance of a dream visit from a transitioned soul?

My beloved was killed in August 2011. I got communication with him via a medium several times right away & more recently, too, though the details were much, much more prolific early on.

At any rate, I've been hoping, asking, praying that I would experience his energy/presence as "him", as he was/felt here, but in a dream since he passed, as a 'visit' of sorts, just me & him & not via an 'interpreter' like a medium. I've read tons of books on the after life & read that we just need to keep asking & also say "and I will remember", or ask to remember the dream (or the astral visit, some say that is how we get to 'visit' our loved ones in spirit), something along those lines, which I do.

I had one symbolic dream about 2 months in about each of us getting new cell phones as our 'new form of communication' that we were figuring out how to use that sorta felt like his energy in in, but it was really just like a clear dream, not a 'visit' as I would imagine a visit would be, or would like it to be...

So do folks on here think there's anything I can do to encourage this to happen? Are all spirits of our loved ones that pass over able to visit us in our dream state? It's been 16 months....wouldn't it have happened by now since I've been asking on & off all along? (I read we can block it by wanting it too much....so I backed off from asking & just said, "I am still open to & would welcome this experience, though")

Any input welcome. And should I post this in the Dream forum also? Or instead?

Thank you everyone :)
Old 29-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirlfl
My beloved was killed in August 2011. I got communication with him via a medium several times right away & more recently, too, though the details were much, much more prolific early on.

At any rate, I've been hoping, asking, praying that I would experience his energy/presence as "him", as he was/felt here, but in a dream since he passed, as a 'visit' of sorts, just me & him & not via an 'interpreter' like a medium. I've read tons of books on the after life & read that we just need to keep asking & also say "and I will remember", or ask to remember the dream (or the astral visit, some say that is how we get to 'visit' our loved ones in spirit), something along those lines, which I do.

I had one symbolic dream about 2 months in about each of us getting new cell phones as our 'new form of communication' that we were figuring out how to use that sorta felt like his energy in in, but it was really just like a clear dream, not a 'visit' as I would imagine a visit would be, or would like it to be...

So do folks on here think there's anything I can do to encourage this to happen? Are all spirits of our loved ones that pass over able to visit us in our dream state? It's been 16 months....wouldn't it have happened by now since I've been asking on & off all along? (I read we can block it by wanting it too much....so I backed off from asking & just said, "I am still open to & would welcome this experience, though")

Any input welcome. And should I post this in the Dream forum also? Or instead?
Thank you everyone :)

You are doing what you can by asking for a visit, but I have learned that it will happen when you least expect it and on their timetable and as time does not exist over there , as we know it, what is months to you may be only hours or days for them.......anytime a loved appears in a dream it is a visit of sorts.....but, there are so many other ways that they use to connect with us.. These are called ADCs (after death communication) which can vary from a special song on the radio, flickering lights, a butterfly landing on your hand, or synchronocities that seem like coincidence.....They don't really leave us, but watch over us, help us when they can and guide us when necessary... You could also try a guided meditation CD as that has worked for me a time or two.....
Old 29-12-2012, 05:50 PM
travelgirlfl

Thank you, Juanita, for your input. I have had many many ADC's (didn't know they were called that), thank goodness. I don't think I'd have made it through without them. I want the dream/visit experience because, in my mind anyway, I think it will be an experience of the *feel* of him...the closest I can get to it being the him I knew, vs. just a sign/symbol FROM him....greedy, maybe of me since I've had many amazing experiences with ADC's and communication via the mediums.
Old 29-12-2012, 06:47 PM
PatriciaJ

I thought I'd also mention finding feathers, pennies and dimes as a sign from your loved one & butterflies & birds acting in uncharacteristic ways around you.

You could learn how to lucid dream, there are also lucid dreaming tablets you can take or herbal tea's specific for dreaming that could help you remember your dreams. I recommend reading any books written by Robert Moss such as 'Conscious Dreaming' to help you learn how to communicate with loved ones thru dreams.
Old 29-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Administrator
Hey Travelgirl

There is no time limit in the spirit world what seems like months to us is only seconds to them, just keep asking your partner to come to you in your dreams,it will happen when the time is right.there are other ways they communicate with us,like has been said through robins in the garden,butterflies songs meaning something meaning to both of you, feathers coins the list goes on but remember spirit only give us what we need not what we want.

Namaste