Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-02-2012, 03:14 PM
MorningMist

Having The Last Word With My Father

Since I was a wee child, I've had an 'irrational belief' that death isn't the end; that it's just the beginning of the next great adventure. I can honestly say that I've never been afraid of it, though perhaps somewhat fearful of the way in which it might occur, granted.

My father and I would often argue about it, with him stating categorically that death is final and "there's no coming back".

Naturally, I had nothing to back up my claims anymore than he did.

However...

...6 weeks after he passed away, I was awoken at 4am one morning to find my dog running round in circles, barking at 'thin air' in my direction, until I looked to my right and saw my father standing next to my side of the bed, with a 'pleasantly startled' expression on his face, albeit seemingly a little cheesed off that his daughter could have been right (being the Leo he was in life, he always had to have the last word lol).

Before him, my grandfather appeared before me a week after he died. I was sitting on a swing in the back yard one afternoon, trying to comprehend why he died (I was 6 years old at the time). His face appeared, large as life, right in front of mine, in the bright afternoon sunshine, smiling with love and concern, as if trying to let me know that although he was gone, his love would always be with me.

At other times in my life, usually whilst visiting friends for a few days, I've awoken in the middle of the night to find sometimes multiple 'ghosts' (for want of a better name) of strangers I didn't recognise, pulling blankets back up over me that I'd obviously kicked off at some stage during the night, or smoothing hair away from my face.

It may be a simplistic view, but I struggle to think of any better 'evidence' of consciousness after death. Sure, it could be explained away as 'memory imprints' or something we 'want to see', but when children see them too, it seems to reinforce my 'irrational belief' that life really does go on after death.

That's my two cents worth, anyway :)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
GeminiTwin

Thanks for sharing. Everthing in life seems to be a cycle of binary fluctuation. seasons go and come, trees go dormant and come alive, and consciousness goes through cycles also. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.”
― Rumi
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Master
Thanks so much for sharing those experiences, MorningMist. It's the day after my son's birthday - he passed 2 yrs. ago Valentine's Day and I believe I've 'seen' his spirit once pretty well, and have had a few dreams about him as a child. It certainly does help me feel better to hear of other people's direct experiences.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Hi Morningmist,

My dad never believed in the afterlife spiritwold etc.he used to say iy was rubbish, well being a medium you can guess the kind of conversations we had, but just before he passed away he asked me what it was like in the spiritworld, but the names i was called by my family for being born as i am,i no longer cared what they thought , but my dad was adamant that i was was speaking rubbish ..but he knows better now doesnt he,

Namaste
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi Morningmist,

My dad never believed in the afterlife spiritwold etc.he used to say iy was rubbish, well being a medium you can guess the kind of conversations we had, but just before he passed away he asked me what it was like in the spiritworld, but the names i was called by my family for being born as i am,i no longer cared what they thought , but my dad was adamant that i was was speaking rubbish ..but he knows better now doesnt he,

Namaste

Ah yes, that is the cross all spiritual teachers must bear. Some will be ready to hear and accept your words and truth will ring clear. Others will not be ready to hear or accept your words and you will face incredulity, sneering, mockery, even hostility. That is how it is.
In this case, you spoke of an afterlife and were not believed.
(The fact is most people are frightened of dying, to the extent that most of them don't want to think about it, never mind talk about it. But, you gave him/them your light. Even if they ridiculed your words, those words registered in their minds, in their subconscious.)
And when the time came, lo!, you were right all along - and the knowledge you implanted in him came to the fore - and helped him.
The key thing here is this; giving out spiritual teachings/truths is like planting seeds. Like the parable of the sower in the Bible, this is what he meant - Sometimes the seed will fall on fertile ground and take root and fluorish. Other times it will fall on stoney ground and lie dormant, but one day the conditions will be right....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 AM
walkingbacktogeorgia

Beautiful story.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingbacktogeorgia
Beautiful story.

I was just about to write that!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
SpiritualBee

Yours is a truly heart warming story. It reminded me of a quote from one of India's greatest spiritual teachers:

"Man must conquer this illusion and know that the dead are here beside us and with us, as much as ever. It is their absence and separation that are a myth."
- Swami Vivekananda musing on the death of his beloved friend Mr. Goodwin – as recorded by Sister Nivedita in her book “Wanderings with Swami Vivekananda” published in 1913.
Old 22-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Henri77

Lovely stories.....
I've felt-seen my Mom and wife after they left.
And recently my stepmom passed.... I never thought about contacting her, but my Dad phoned me, and I heard her cheery voice saying hi. Told him about it later.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:47 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiTwin
Thanks for sharing. Everthing in life seems to be a cycle of binary fluctuation. seasons go and come, trees go dormant and come alive, and consciousness goes through cycles also. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.”
― Rumi

That's beautiful, Gemini!

Hugs
MorningMist