Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Friendship Beyond Death

Though working with many spiritual practices daily for years, and "traveling" between the worlds, or if you will, to expanded parts of consciousness as an important part of this, I have said for a long time that "I don't talk to dead people." It is a bit funny for me to observe, that even though everything from elves, to stones are ok for me to communicate with there has been something about communicating with the dead where I had a resistance. I think part of that is that has been a bit of a suspicion of how the idea of death has been used by religions, and later often simplified by the New Age after life literature and huge interest in near death experiences.

Then I stumbled over this great book, that is so as understated, direct and open-minded as Rita's world, that I could relax about the whole thing. What I really like about this book is that the whole premise is the friendship built up between Frank, and Rita. A respectful friendship, centered around their common interest in spirituality and philosophy in life, that simply doesn't end when Rita dies, but rather expands. From where she is on the other side, Rita has access to knowledge about existence that is far beyond ordinary knowledge. Through daily conversations Frank and Rita covers areas such as 'The nature of time,' 'Unlived potential' and 'Good and evil'.

The idea of a friendship that simply continues after death, and sweet conversations that simply continues, really struck a cord in me. That is just how I want it to be. I'm re-examining my own prejudice about the concept of death, and how we can communicate with those on the other side. Who knows, maybe I'll see if I can talk to my grandmother who passed many years ago next?
Old 30-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Master

I would agree with you. Orthodoxy turned death into something black and frightening. Most people just go with the flow and don't like thinking about it or talking about it.
In reality, it's as natural as the changing of the seasons and akin to setting off on the summer holidays when you were at school.

Love is the strongest force in the Universe. Love will always find its beloved.
On the Other Side, one will be greeted by family, friends, pets, those who were touched by your kindness ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, friendships do not have to end just because one of the friends passes into a subtler dimension! Friendships and heart-felt relationships can blossom after so-called 'death' and things be understood and realised that hadn't been fully realised when they lived on Earth.

And the nature of the contacts will be tailor-made for the development of the individual Souls, and the unifying bond they share, and their purpose as Spirit (whether living in flesh or not.)
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes, friendships do not have to end just because one of the friends passes into a subtler dimension! Friendships and heart-felt relationships can blossom after so-called 'death' and things be understood and realised that hadn't been fully realised when they lived on Earth.

Beautifully said
Old 02-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Master

We travel through time and universe in groups of varying sizes. In time bonds form and strengthen as we live, die and live again together and cannot help but bounce into each other as those bonds draw us over any distance. If parting ever made sorrow, know that we WILL meet again.